rF2 S397 GT3 @ Zolder - Friday 10 May 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
A big apology to @PresidentSmug! Yeah I clearly came across too much and bumped you into a spin. 100% my fault.

I heard there was a car next to me and I thought I was leaving enough room. Didn't feel or hear the contact nor was there damage like I said after the race.

I'll let you have one bump & run in a future race! :D

I have to agree with several drivers that this track did not work so well in the dark, a lot of tracks look great in the dark, but sadly not this one did not, well a lesson learnt.

No major problems, most seemed to have fun which is always good.

Hope to see you all next week at Silverstone.

Congrads to the podiums :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: and of course all the drivers that finished :thumbsup:
good work, the night was not the best, but if you do not try you do not get anything, I have barely been able to train, I could not check it and I would have warned you,
@Roy Magnes bad luck, I did not see you when you broke up:(,the tires played bad:(:(:(,maybe in the next best, as always good organization:):):);)

Chaotic race for me this time around, on a circuit that did not thrill me as much as some of the others we've done this spring. I qualified 21st I think, and had a huge battle with Vajk in the Aston for a number of laps until he did a brave move around the outside through T1. Apologies for the knock I gave you at the second chicane, my braking point was completely off at that corner :notworthy:
After this I was caught up by Kreshnik, and he was even past me for a few corners before he did a mistake and I could sneak back past. As he was in a fight with Juan, I could work my way into a secure gap, this time being as high up as 7th. But with about 15 minutes left of the race, I managed to double-downshift into the hairpin, and the engine went up in flames.

Thanks for hosting once more, I am looking forward to next week already (I just realized that friday is a day off from work in Norway :D )
Great fight man, no worries about the bump it happens. ;)

Someone, change the times today, just be for the race?
It was saying yesterday race start time was 20:45, now it says 19.45!

I eventually lost network connection. The track seemed really loose to me, from my practice sessions, I was 2-3 seconds slower. Plus, I had no warmup, straight into quali, I just got off my 3 hour pedal bike ride!
Sorry about the contacts.
Please use some spotter (crewchief), you built me in the finish line wall and i was next to you.

Sorry, I was occupied by other issues, your car was hard to see back there. I think I flipped to, but somehow I ended up pointed the right direction... still over 100kph!

I still can't figure out why my pace was off 2 seconds, my lat acc was down .4 points. Track temp was the same, anyone know what the grip value was? it looked like it was the full grip from the tire marks. Does my McLaren have some type of wt or ballast balance value?

Last edited:
Please use some spotter (crewchief), you built me in the finish line wall and i was next to you.

Sorry, I was occupied by other issues, your car was hard to see back there. I think I flipped to, but somehow I ended up pointed the right direction... still over 100kph!

I still can't figure out why my pace was off 2 seconds, my lat acc was down .4 points. Track temp was the same, anyone know what the grip value was? it looked like it was the full grip from the tire marks. Does my McLaren have some type of wt or ballast balance value?
Similar situation with me on the back straight. You were a lap down and I was quite aggressive as I didn't want to lose @Fushida as it was plenty tough to just keep up! :D

That was fun, had an excellent standing start and just tried to hold on.
Getting better in the AMG but still need to squeeze out better lap times. Did get one stop and go but left it till later serve. Racing in the dark was spooky on this mod track.
Think I came 6th in the end which was surprising given how slow I was, not too bad.

Zolder isnt the easiest to stay in track limits, think quite a few got stop and go penalties.

Did get one stop and go but left it till later serve. Racing in the dark was spooky on this mod track.

Zolder isnt the easiest to stay in track limits, think quite a few got stop and go penalties.
Yeah it is a tricky and the "void" kerbs etc in the dark didn't help! I got a silly careless cut on the first few laps and then another as light started to disappear. Made for really stressful last 15-20 mins in the dark! I was playing really safe though as I just wanted to finish without mistakes.

Only second GT3 race after my "hiatus" and got a silly penalty for cuts at Paul Ricard and wanted to avoid that. Nothing more frustrating than carelessly cutting enough for a penalty :redface:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back