rF2 S397 GT3 @ Zolder - Friday 10 May 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
@Craig Dunkley @Daiman Patel
EDIT: This week's problem is different than last week's.
Now even if you download the package from the dropbox, it tries to install the same package from the server, but it fails. I get something like that:
60187877_2492585607427116_8997723822446608384_o.jpg

In order to make it work for me I needed to delete and uninstall the package from RD.
The file from the dropbox is an old one, it didn't work for me, but when I allowed the game to download everything via launcher it connected me to the server.
you leave the mouse in several seconds where it says zolder, the message will appear if any file is missing, and it tells you what file it is, ... it can also happen that it has another file called equal and of conflict, like another zolder circuit, .. but the last version of the circuit is 1.1
zolder.jpg

Last edited:
you leave the mouse in several seconds where it says zolder, the message will appear if any file is missing, and it tells you what file it is, ... it can also happen that it has another file called equal and of conflict, like another zolder circuit, .. but the last version of the circuit is 1.1
View attachment 304700
thanks Craig ,I have already checked, everything is perfect, if someone has a problem to download the "MOD -13KB" I'll leave the link here.
the verification of what file is missing, it is only when the MOD is not allowed to install:);)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/max8mo2jvzf6nz1/RD_S397_GT3_Zolder_v19.0507.rfmod/file
Thank you very much for sharing all of this @Juan Roguez! It is incredibly helpful! :D

The race will start while there is still light, but end just as it becomes dark.
This should probably be clarified on the race announcement... this may create some challenges at this track. The overhead turn boards for the corners are outside the range of the headlights, but if it is twilight, who knows.

Download the server package from here, and try to install it manually via the Content Manager. As @Juan Roguez has rightly stated, this will highlight if any required components are missing or out of date. Resolve these issues before installing the package. Let me know if you continue to experience this problem.
thanks Daiman, i still had trouble using the download though. ? It was finally working for me last night before the changes to the server. I uninstalled the mod and reinstalled it from the content manager, i can't even be too sure this is why it worked as i was trying so many things.

thanks Daiman, i still had trouble using the download though. ? It was finally working for me last night before the changes to the server. I uninstalled the mod and reinstalled it from the content manager, i can't even be too sure this is why it worked as i was trying so many things.
Did you see my post this morning, in response to @xoSx.Racing? You can see it here if not. The long and short of it is that I think the server package for this event may have been conflicting with an existing package for the GT3 race at Zolder that took place earlier this year. Anybody who took part in that event, and/or still has the (old) package installed (or maybe has some remnants hanging around) from joining that server, would probably have experienced this issue. I suspect that uninstalling the old package before installing the new package was therefore enough to rectify the problem.

That being said, I have now created an entirely new version of the server package to hopefully avoid any further occurrences of this problem. Can you please confirm that you are now able to join the server successfully, without having to manually install the new server package?

Last edited:
The race will start while there is still light, but end just as it becomes dark.
This should probably be clarified on the race announcement... this may create some challenges at this track. The overhead turn boards for the corners are outside the range of the headlights, but if it is twilight, who knows.
Is the race time always the same as the real world time? Maybe server time is set at noon?

Did you see my post this morning, in response to @xoSx.Racing? You can see it here if not. The long and short of it is that I think the server package for this event may have been conflicting with an existing package for the GT3 race at Zolder that took place earlier this year. Anybody who took part in that event, and/or still has the (old) package installed (or maybe has some remnants hanging around) from joining that server, would probably have experienced this issue. I suspect that uninstalling the old package before installing the new package was therefore enough to rectify the problem.

That being said, I have now created an entirely new version of the server package to hopefully avoid any further occurrences of this problem. Can you please confirm that you are now able to join the server successfully, without having to manually install the new server package?
Yes I was able to join the server today. BTW i've never raced at Zolder on rF2 before so I wouldn't have an old package from a previous RD race.

I was just on the server and it was completely dark. No track-lights, nothing. Impossible to spot the braking markers, anyone else has that issue?

@Jasje It seemed like the session was stuck (it said 0 minutes left of practice, but it wasn't advancing to next session), and it was indeed completely dark. I've restarted the weekend and there's light again.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 361 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 503 39.0%