• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

EU S397 GT3 @ Zolder - Friday 10 May 2019

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Craig Dunkley, Mar 11, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 10-05-19
  1. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel
    rFactor 2 Technical Assistant Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,055
    ANNOUNCEMENT

I have just recreated the server package and restarted the server. Please let me know if there are any further issues with joining the server.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Juan Roguez

Juan Roguez
    Premium

Ratings:
    +117
    you leave the mouse in several seconds where it says zolder, the message will appear if any file is missing, and it tells you what file it is, ... it can also happen that it has another file called equal and of conflict, like another zolder circuit, .. but the last version of the circuit is 1.1
    zolder.jpg

Last edited: May 7, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Juan Roguez

Juan Roguez
    Premium

Ratings:
    +117
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel

Ratings:
    +3,055
    Thank you very much for sharing all of this @Juan Roguez! It is incredibly helpful! :D

• Love Love x 1
  5. Juan Roguez

Juan Roguez
    Premium

Ratings:
    +117
  6. durielk

durielk
    Premium

Ratings:
    +19
    The race will start while there is still light, but end just as it becomes dark.
    This should probably be clarified on the race announcement... this may create some challenges at this track. The overhead turn boards for the corners are outside the range of the headlights, but if it is twilight, who knows.

7. PresidentSmug

PresidentSmug
    Premium

Ratings:
    +838
    thanks Daiman, i still had trouble using the download though. ? It was finally working for me last night before the changes to the server. I uninstalled the mod and reinstalled it from the content manager, i can't even be too sure this is why it worked as i was trying so many things.

8. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel

Ratings:
    +3,055
    Did you see my post this morning, in response to @xoSx.Racing? You can see it here if not. The long and short of it is that I think the server package for this event may have been conflicting with an existing package for the GT3 race at Zolder that took place earlier this year. Anybody who took part in that event, and/or still has the (old) package installed (or maybe has some remnants hanging around) from joining that server, would probably have experienced this issue. I suspect that uninstalling the old package before installing the new package was therefore enough to rectify the problem.

That being said, I have now created an entirely new version of the server package to hopefully avoid any further occurrences of this problem. Can you please confirm that you are now able to join the server successfully, without having to manually install the new server package?

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  9. Gerzson

Gerzson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +42
    Sign me up, please. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jasje

Jasje
    Premium

Ratings:
    +11
    Is the race time always the same as the real world time? Maybe server time is set at noon?

11. Balazs Floszmann

Balazs Floszmann
    Premium

Ratings:
    +158
    Sign me in please!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gasper Zupan

Gasper Zupan
    Troyan Donut Automotive Premium

Ratings:
    +243
    Sign me up please.

• Like Like x 1
  13. PresidentSmug

PresidentSmug
    Premium

Ratings:
    +838
    Yes I was able to join the server today. BTW i've never raced at Zolder on rF2 before so I wouldn't have an old package from a previous RD race.

14. MrShumacher

MrShumacher
    Born to lose but built to win.. Premium

Ratings:
    +5
    Sorry guys but I have a last min cancelation.. hope to join the next go round.

• Beer Beer x 1
  15. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel

Ratings:
    +3,055
    I'm glad to hear that it is now working! :)

Oh, right - very strange! In that case, I do not know what the problem could be. :O_o:

16. Jasje

Jasje
    Premium

Ratings:
    +11
    I was just on the server and it was completely dark. No track-lights, nothing. Impossible to spot the braking markers, anyone else has that issue?

17. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,231
    @Jasje It seemed like the session was stuck (it said 0 minutes left of practice, but it wasn't advancing to next session), and it was indeed completely dark. I've restarted the weekend and there's light again.

18. Vajk Laszlo

Vajk Laszlo
    15 year old boiii who's having a lot fun. :DD Premium

Ratings:
    +28
    Sign me up with a "?" cuz' I'll hopefully have my rig ready up to race but not sure yet. :'D @Craig Dunkley

• Like Like x 1
  19. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,091
    I can put you in the "maybe" list but can not add you into the live list ...when you can confirm I can add you if there are slots left :thumbsup:

• Beer Beer x 1
  20. Vajk Laszlo

Vajk Laszlo
    15 year old boiii who's having a lot fun. :DD Premium

Ratings:
    +28
    Perfect, thanks. ^^

• Beer Beer x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.