rF2 S397 GT3 @ Watkins Glen - Fri 14 Jan 2022 *January Trophy Rd 2/4*

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
My router has gone down and it's been off for like 15 mins. Hopefully it'll be back in time for the race, but I don't know now...

Hmm I can't join the server because of missing mods... I have the watkins glen track from steam (the right track with the 5stars rating) and I have the gt3 pack. Pls help

Download this. Put it in: Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Packages
Then in the main menu of rF2, go to the right tab and then select "packages". Try to install it manually, then you'll get in text what the issue is.

Results from the race, and standings can be found here
Note: The link will go straight to driver standings, click on the "races" tab to find Watkins Glen and see the results and stats :)

Here is the new Top 10. Full standings can of course be found on the link!
1642197971564.png

It certainly looked that way. What wing did you use? And did you use race or qual fuel mapping?
race mapping, wing p3 and radiator 50%

can you do a full race on quali map?

I've also just read that the 2019 r8 is slower than the 2018 due to the BoP in real life? next time I take the Corvette again :)

race mapping, wing p3 and radiator 50%

can you do a full race on quali map?

I've also just read that the 2019 r8 is slower than the 2018 due to the BoP in real life? next time I take the Corvette again :)

Yup. Used qual map and not full tank on the Vette. Actually had 70% rad as well, but had to watch the temp at times with that.
I'm slow af with the Audi as well, but that's because I can't handle the car.

thanks for the race guys

is it me or is the R8 evo super slow?
I was wondering if you had some kind of damage because I know you're much faster than me...

The game made strange things at the end of the race. Twice the screen image froze and I've lost about a second. I think that I've could battle to get p11 without that

I was wondering if you had some kind of damage because I know you're much faster than me...

The game made strange things at the end of the race. Twice the screen image froze and I've lost about a second. I think that I've could battle to get p11 without that
nope, no damage. I think at least 8 guys passed me on the straight today, even in the slipstream I couldn't follow :)
anyway it was fun, see ya'll next week

Qual: managed to put it on 4th (I think) on the grid which was fine by me, qualifying the Vette, at this place, has never been my strong point.

Race: Got a slow start but quickly got past Colin which was crucial so I didnt give up too much time to the three leaders. All of a sudden Marc @wayphaxx veered to the left after that loose lefty and at same time slowed down which caused me to hit him. Did you disco or what happened? Or did you quit because of my contact? If so, sorry, but I couldnt avoid you, I was hard on the brakes.
Slowly clawed my way back up to the two remained leaders, assessed the situation to see where they were slow and quick and then launched the attack. Got past Michael and later got past Maciej after some stern defending from his side into T1. Knew immidiately the pass wasnt good as I were a sitting duck up the straight with my high wing angle, but braked as late as possible for the fast right hander and thankfully made it stick, despite some protests from the car. From there on out it was a matter of keeping up the pace and managing the LR tire.
Had to flash a backmarker - sorry, but your refusal to make way was interfeering with my aero balance when I got close enough. And you had a blue flag. You then did the same to Michael behind from what I could see in the mirror.

Question; what is the start procedure? Follow the leader or the lights? If its the lights then the first 4 cars into T1 jumped the start. I dont care what it is, just need clarification.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 214 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 272 13.4%