rF2 S397 GT3 @ Watkins Glen - Fri 14 Jan 2022 *January Trophy Rd 2/4*

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
is it me or is the R8 evo super slow?
Yeah it is. Its the reason nearly noone uses it because its sketchy aswell. And yes, qually map all the way, the difference in fuel consumption is very minimal compared to the race map :)
My car was also slow in a straight line because of my wing, but that made the car much easier to control in the corners, particularly near the end of the race with worn tires.

Question; what is the start procedure? Follow the leader or the lights? If its the lights then the first 4 cars into T1 jumped the start. I dont care what it is, just need clarification.

Follow the leader, until the lights.

Previously you couldn't pass before the S/F line. But at more than one track that means the rear of the grid is still in a corner when it's green. If a driver spins, then the game doesn't recognize that, and just recognized "oh, cars passing to early. No no." and start to give penalties.
Now, I can remove those penalties, but I would need to know who gets the penalties, and find time and space to write the commands while racing.
I have no problems doing that if a driver gets a DT for "passing outside the track limits" when avoiding a crash. But it can be an issue if it is 6-10 drivers due to the start.
The easiest way to avoid this, was to open it up for passing before the S/F line.

Neither solution is perfect.

Yeah it is. Its the reason nearly noone uses it because its sketchy aswell. And yes, qually map all the way, the difference in fuel consumption is very minimal compared to the race map :)

Yup @Jasje looking at the results you used 2.58% per lap, while @Magnus Dahlgren who used most, use 2.95% each lap.*

*Note, I don't actually know if that is percentage of full tank, or race-start fuel load.

Qual: managed to put it on 4th (I think) on the grid which was fine by me, qualifying the Vette, at this place, has never been my strong point.

Race: Got a slow start but quickly got past Colin which was crucial so I didnt give up too much time to the three leaders. All of a sudden Marc @wayphaxx veered to the left after that loose lefty and at same time slowed down which caused me to hit him. Did you disco or what happened? Or did you quit because of my contact? If so, sorry, but I couldnt avoid you, I was hard on the brakes.
Slowly clawed my way back up to the two remained leaders, assessed the situation to see where they were slow and quick and then launched the attack. Got past Michael and later got past Maciej after some stern defending from his side into T1. Knew immidiately the pass wasnt good as I were a sitting duck up the straight with my high wing angle, but braked as late as possible for the fast right hander and thankfully made it stick, despite some protests from the car. From there on out it was a matter of keeping up the pace and managing the LR tire.
Had to flash a backmarker - sorry, but your refusal to make way was interfeering with my aero balance when I got close enough. And you had a blue flag. You then did the same to Michael behind from what I could see in the mirror.

Question; what is the start procedure? Follow the leader or the lights? If its the lights then the first 4 cars into T1 jumped the start. I dont care what it is, just need clarification.
Great race Jan, grats!
Got surprised by the start and lost a position to Marc right away but thanks to his mistake in T1 immediately could put myself at his side and had a better exit to pass uphill and regain second. Felt like Maciej was careful with the tyres so kept behind in a safe distance to see how things evolve. Saw Jan coming closer and decided to not fight much and see how the two Corvettes battle it out hoping for a opportunity that did not come. Looked like shortly after Maciej got passed he had some trouble with oversteer so I waited for a mistake but it took a few laps until I actually could pass. By then Jan was already about 3 secs ahead. Tried to safe tyres but looking at the stats I did a very poor job at that :rolleyes: . Felt like I came closer for a few laps but that backmarker indeed cost some time and I realized I wasn't able to get you until the end so settled for P2. Pretty happy with that actually. Thanks for racing everyone!

Had to flash a backmarker - sorry, but your refusal to make way was interfeering with my aero balance when I got close enough. And you had a blue flag. You then did the same to Michael behind
That was me, went out of the way on the straight when I got the blue flag. Same with the next two guys. Sorry if I was holding you up, that was unintentionally, I must have misjudged the distance a bit in the dark.

Thanks for organising @Ole Marius Myrvold . Had a nice stable race actually, keeping the car on the black stuff after an afternoon of unwillingly practicing spins . I.believe I was the only one making a pitstop, putting me in the very last spot.

Qual: managed to put it on 4th (I think) on the grid which was fine by me, qualifying the Vette, at this place, has never been my strong point.

Race: Got a slow start but quickly got past Colin which was crucial so I didnt give up too much time to the three leaders. All of a sudden Marc @wayphaxx veered to the left after that loose lefty and at same time slowed down which caused me to hit him. Did you disco or what happened? Or did you quit because of my contact? If so, sorry, but I couldnt avoid you, I was hard on the brakes.
Slowly clawed my way back up to the two remained leaders, assessed the situation to see where they were slow and quick and then launched the attack. Got past Michael and later got past Maciej after some stern defending from his side into T1. Knew immidiately the pass wasnt good as I were a sitting duck up the straight with my high wing angle, but braked as late as possible for the fast right hander and thankfully made it stick, despite some protests from the car. From there on out it was a matter of keeping up the pace and managing the LR tire.
Had to flash a backmarker - sorry, but your refusal to make way was interfeering with my aero balance when I got close enough. And you had a blue flag. You then did the same to Michael behind from what I could see in the mirror.

Yeah, sorry about that, my game decided to poop itself mid corner, I immediately said it on discord but you werent on voice chat i guess. I could feel the contact from ffb but wasnt sure if i hit the wall or you, really sorry. The game froze mid corner and I was so p****d cause my pace was looking strong once for a change

Qualifying was awfull literally frame rate was dropping into the 10's i tryed a few time to set a lap i know i could do a 41.5 so wanted a banker lap as i was going to have to quit the session.. after i rejoined it was much better but the clock was at 2.30 remaining, and a i made a mistake on my hot lap.

A much better race on my side, managed to not completely destroy the tyres, but let the gap to the top 4 grow to big by driving with in the car, was running 4th comfortably after marks disconnect, then in the dark out braked my self with 3 or 4 laps to go, letting dean catch right up, where he passed me on the hairpin in the old boot section ( i couldnt defend as i had massive frame drops at that corner which was weird as it was fine all week)
A lap or two later i clipped the inside kerb at turn 1 which lit up my tyres spinning me across the track and into the path of dastan :( on the last lap...

Qualifying was awfull literally frame rate was dropping into the 10's i tryed a few time to set a lap i know i could do a 41.5 so wanted a banker lap as i was going to have to quit the session.. after i rejoined it was much better but the clock was at 2.30 remaining, and a i made a mistake on my hot lap.

A much better race on my side, managed to not completely destroy the tyres, but let the gap to the top 4 grow to big by driving with in the car, was running 4th comfortably after marks disconnect, then in the dark out braked my self with 3 or 4 laps to go, letting dean catch right up, where he passed me on the hairpin in the old boot section ( i couldnt defend as i had massive frame drops at that corner which was weird as it was fine all week)
A lap or two later i clipped the inside kerb at turn 1 which lit up my tyres spinning me across the track and into the path of dastan :( on the last lap...
What graphic settings did you use? With these bigger grids I turn off SSR completely and set other reflections to low and raindrops off, with that it seems rather stable. Reflections and SSR in particular seems to kill FPS sometimes

What graphic settings did you use? With these bigger grids I turn off SSR completely and set other reflections to low and raindrops off, with that it seems rather stable. Reflections and SSR in particular seems to kill FPS sometimes
I will have to check, in qualifying it was the whole track, which is weird as no other cars about, in the race it was fine 50 ish fps except for the 'toe' corner where it dropped really low and different frames per eye in vr giving weird double vision aswell.. i think with all the issues, it might have been the server messing up, but i will check my settings.

You had such a strong race, really consistent, i like the Ferrari just need to find a few tenths a lap to keep up!!!

I will have to check, in qualifying it was the whole track, which is weird as no other cars about, in the race it was fine 50 ish fps except for the 'toe' corner where it dropped really low and different frames per eye in vr giving weird double vision aswell.. i think with all the issues, it might have been the server messing up, but i will check my settings.
It's rF2, they took the simulation of technical failures VERY literally ;)

You had such a strong race, really consistent, i like the Ferrari just need to find a few tenths a lap to keep up!!!
Thanks, I definately had worse ones! Your laptimes became sacry close though, I'll soon need to book a coaching session with you :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back