rF2 S397 GT3 @ Watkins Glen - Fri 01 Oct 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I keep losing the rear at Toe corner with my Bentley..... No matter my gas input or racing line, it's very tricky, any advice or setup clues worth sharing ?

Michael Rudolf
Roy Magnes
Reiche
Jan Larsen
xoSx.Racing
IceColdBeard_24
blaqsh33p
ThreeLionz
Ingemar Petersson
Colin Peach
Steve Le Gallez
Bernardo Lencastre

Please note that the server was set up for (and is still set up for) a race that will finish after sunset! I see that I have forgotten to write that in the OP here. So either map a button for headlights, of have the option to "auto" so the headlights will come on during the race :)

Also, just rebooted the server so dark arrives faster in the practice session so it is easier to get some evening-running in practice as well. Qualifying will be in daylight :)

I keep losing the rear at Toe corner with my Bentley..... No matter my gas input or racing line, it's very tricky, any advice or setup clues worth sharing ?
Mines actually nearly glued there, but I'm drifting my way through the loop instead, mainly because I insist on my wing setting :p
Try the Callaway Corvette, that thing is glued everywhere.

This damn **** game just AGAIN randomly loaded the default setup instead of mine (which is pretty undrivable on this track). Took me a while to realize that until I found break balance and TC was wrong. Seriously so pissed right now. Sorry everyone who was affected. Man I am so done with this :mad:

Shame Michael. Did you remember to assign the setup? I've never had that happen if you do that.

I did a setup mistake for the race aswell. The car was great in the beginning but fairly quickly lost rear end grip. Luckily everyone I think made mistakes which made my lead look far too big. I'm sure Michael would have won that had he not been unlucky.
Michael, I looked at the replay to see if I touched you and thankfully I didnt. I may have made you aero loose which may have exaterbated your issues when you spun.

I did a setup mistake for the race aswell. The car was great in the beginning but fairly quickly lost rear end grip. Luckily everyone I think made mistakes which made my lead look far too big.

Somewhat a mistake from me. I've usually ruined my tires with the GT3's, and as I took the second vaccine shot 09:00 this morning, I wasn't even sure I would race. So I expected to struggle to drive smooth. With that in mind I decided to go with fuel for 60% of the race...

In hindsight that was a mistake, but it felt like the right decision pre-race. I didn't know I'd make the tires last!

Shame Michael. Did you remember to assign the setup? I've never had that happen if you do that.

I did a setup mistake for the race aswell. The car was great in the beginning but fairly quickly lost rear end grip. Luckily everyone I think made mistakes which made my lead look far too big. I'm sure Michael would have won that had he not been unlucky.
Michael, I looked at the replay to see if I touched you and thankfully I didnt. I may have made you aero loose which may have exaterbated your issues when you spun.
Yep I did assign it. Checked it again loading into a race, mine is assigned as default, it says it's the one currently loaded but it's not it, not a single setting. If I load it again it works. Idk, happened a couple of times to me before, no idea why. Not that I prepared that much but still frustrating the one race I can do a week is messed up by the game.
And no, no contact was made and probably not the aero as well, the 488 default is totally useless on this track, no rear grip whatsoever, especially when you're used to something totally different.

The tires on GT3's usually hold just fine for a 50 min race, I had 67% left on the rear left as the lowest. But my fronts were around 75%, so the balance was off, but Glen is also notoriously difficult to get the balance right and have speed down the straight. I should have stuck with my base Corvette setup, I think that would have been just right.

Last edited:
Yep I did assign it. Checked it again loading into a race, mine is assigned as default, it says it's the one currently loaded but it's not it, not a single setting. If I load it again it works. Idk, happened a couple of times to me before, no idea why. Not that I prepared that much but still frustrating the one race I can do a week is messed up by the game.
And no, no contact was made and probably not the aero as well, the 488 default is totally useless on this track, no rear grip whatsoever, especially when you're used to something totally different.
Yeah, I feel your pain. You did prove your speed though which makes me think you would have been the rightful winner. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back