rF2 S397 GT3 @ Valencia - Fri 28 May 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Might be a stupid rookie question but do I have to purchase all DLCs to be able to connect to the server? I'm getting an error when trying to connect saying: `Error trying to install MOD`. I know that I don't have the Ferrari DLC

Great race guys, had a lot of fun! Missed front row in Quali by 0.02 and knew it was going to be super hard to pass on this track. Fantastic battle with @xoSx.Racing for half an hour, tried to get past without shredding my tyres, insanely close racing :) Unfortunatly spun trying to get into a good passing position. Tried to catch up but the gap was way too big so I lost focus and finished 3rd in no mans land. Grats @Jan Larsen, great pace, you're getting way too fast, stop that :roflmao:
Thanks for the host @Ole Marius Myrvold :thumbsup:

Can't get much closer than that :whistling:
20210528225713_1.jpg
20210528225809_1.jpg

Qually went well with a new pb, so no complaints there :)

In the race I had Dastan and Michael for close company for the first few laps, but I knew my car would start out slightly slowish only to stabilize and then keep churning out competitive laptimes, particularly near the end. As the race progressed I slowly eased away to about a 10 sec gap that fluctuated a little after two concentration errors, but nothing major. A solid if unspectacular drive really :)

Cheers for the racing lads, see ya at the next one :)

What a quali lap that was from my side. P5 :inlove:. Never was that high up in any of the previous races :)

However, it all went wrong in the race. So nervous at the start, slid everywhere, and already in lap 3 I messed it up completely and lost it at Turn 1. :(

Still had fun afterwards catching up again and battling with the guys :)

I still wonder how I survived that crash without any damage:

Yep, that corner was the primary reason for a wing change during practice in my case. While fine on new tires, the car got looser as the stint went on, so I sacrifized some speed in the beginning but it meant I had a nice, neutral car the rest of the race.

@Jan Larsen after blowing my engine i rode aboard your car for the last few laps, i couldn't believe how you had so much turn in and still kept the back rock solid!!! Great race and qualifying!
Thanks :). Any particular corner you're thinking about? Or around the entire track?
The backend wanted to step out if I just drove recklessly so I kept it within its own limit. The balance was great yeah which was a combination of wing and general setup, trailbraking (gets great turn in as you mentioned) and not overdriving. During entry, you'll most likely see my brake lights on for a lot longer than others, I use the brakes hard, then ease of gently to keep the weight on the front. Then I balance the car in the middle with both the wheel, brake and throttle and the exit is just a matter of perfecting the TC setting to the lowest possible setting without getting wheel spin. In my case I ended up on 3 after trialing 3 and 4 during practice. Sometimes I adjust this during the race as the tires wear, but I'd rather not as it compromises exits. I'd rather tune the setup so the tires wear exactly the same, within 1-2% between front and back.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 277 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing