Upcoming Events

Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Other regular AC events on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Daily WTCR races on Simracing.GP

EU S397 GT3 @ Valencia - Fri 28 May 2021

Might be a stupid rookie question but do I have to purchase all DLCs to be able to connect to the server? I'm getting an error when trying to connect saying: `Error trying to install MOD`. I know that I don't have the Ferrari DLC

Great race guys, had a lot of fun! Missed front row in Quali by 0.02 and knew it was going to be super hard to pass on this track. Fantastic battle with @xoSx.Racing for half an hour, tried to get past without shredding my tyres, insanely close racing :) Unfortunatly spun trying to get into a good passing position. Tried to catch up but the gap was way too big so I lost focus and finished 3rd in no mans land. Grats @Jan Larsen, great pace, you're getting way too fast, stop that :roflmao:
Thanks for the host @Ole Marius Myrvold :thumbsup:

Can't get much closer than that :whistling:
20210528225713_1.jpg
20210528225809_1.jpg

Jan Larsen

Premium
Qually went well with a new pb, so no complaints there :)

In the race I had Dastan and Michael for close company for the first few laps, but I knew my car would start out slightly slowish only to stabilize and then keep churning out competitive laptimes, particularly near the end. As the race progressed I slowly eased away to about a 10 sec gap that fluctuated a little after two concentration errors, but nothing major. A solid if unspectacular drive really :)

Cheers for the racing lads, see ya at the next one :)

What a quali lap that was from my side. P5 :inlove:. Never was that high up in any of the previous races :)

However, it all went wrong in the race. So nervous at the start, slid everywhere, and already in lap 3 I messed it up completely and lost it at Turn 1. :(

Still had fun afterwards catching up again and battling with the guys :)

I still wonder how I survived that crash without any damage:

Jan Larsen

Premium
Yep, that corner was the primary reason for a wing change during practice in my case. While fine on new tires, the car got looser as the stint went on, so I sacrifized some speed in the beginning but it meant I had a nice, neutral car the rest of the race.

Colin Peach

Premium
@Jan Larsen after blowing my engine i rode aboard your car for the last few laps, i couldn't believe how you had so much turn in and still kept the back rock solid!!! Great race and qualifying!

Jan Larsen

Premium
@Jan Larsen after blowing my engine i rode aboard your car for the last few laps, i couldn't believe how you had so much turn in and still kept the back rock solid!!! Great race and qualifying!
Thanks :). Any particular corner you're thinking about? Or around the entire track?
The backend wanted to step out if I just drove recklessly so I kept it within its own limit. The balance was great yeah which was a combination of wing and general setup, trailbraking (gets great turn in as you mentioned) and not overdriving. During entry, you'll most likely see my brake lights on for a lot longer than others, I use the brakes hard, then ease of gently to keep the weight on the front. Then I balance the car in the middle with both the wheel, brake and throttle and the exit is just a matter of perfecting the TC setting to the lowest possible setting without getting wheel spin. In my case I ended up on 3 after trialing 3 and 4 during practice. Sometimes I adjust this during the race as the tires wear, but I'd rather not as it compromises exits. I'd rather tune the setup so the tires wear exactly the same, within 1-2% between front and back.

Last edited: