rF2 S397 GT3 @ Tor Poznan - Fri 22 Jan 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Sorry guys, car was an absolute nightmare but thought I'd stick with it and try and learn something. Then all hell broke loose with small people needing the loo right next to the Man Cave at 5.15am...
Better luck next week, hope you all have a great race.

Cheers guys, good racing tonight :). Shame about @Maciej Strzeboński spinning out on the opening laps, could have been a good battle that! @Bumble almost had me at the start, I had to lift for a ms because I was in danger of passing before the line, I timed it wrong, that allowed David (with a tow) to get right alongside into T1 and further into T2 and almost T3. I knew his pace was quite similar to mine, so the race pretty much counted on keeping him behind which thankfully I did. From there it was just a matter of keeping it on the black stuff and no mistakes. Cya at the next one chaps!

@rockracer No worries, it was impossible to avoid me. In fact, I was afraid of having ruined your race by spinning just in front of you. ;)

Well, my race was also a nightmare. I found the track easy to learn but really tricky and slippy when pushing to the limit. Setup seemed to play a big role too and I absolutely messed mine by changing it at the last moment and by overdriving the car. I was unable to keep up the pace and lost the rear so many times! Lesson learned but in the pain. :(

Congratulations to leaders, you were so fast! :thumbsup:

Thank you everyone for being really safe in the first laps and to @Ole Marius Myrvold for making possible so nice events.

That's each time a real pleasure to race with you guys. :)

@rockracer No worries, it was impossible to avoid me. In fact, I was afraid of having ruined your race by spinning just in front of you. ;)

Well, my race was also a nightmare. I found the track easy to learn but really tricky and slippy when pushing to the limit. Setup seemed to play a big role too and I absolutely messed mine by changing it at the last moment and by overdriving the car. I was unable to keep up the pace and lost the rear so many times! Lesson learned but in the pain. :(

Congratulations to leaders, you were so fast! :thumbsup:

Thank you everyone for being really safe in the first laps and to @Ole Marius Myrvold for making possible so nice events.

That's each time a real pleasure to race with you guys. :)
You did'nt ruin my race, few laps later my tires ruin my race :)

So that was what happened :D I was right behind you when you suddently went off the track straight into the wall.

Yeah, it sounds and look good - but thats about it.
Erm... Yeah, that's what happened, yes that's it. Lol
Not gonna lie, I had a few offs in that race. I'm a little more consistent than I was last night. That track is very odd with regards to the Porsche, it felt like every corner was off camber, and I had lift off and power on oversteer somehow... It was a total contrast to last weekend where the car felt solid on the track and I could push without too much fear of binning it. This morning felt very much like strange ice racing

I had a decent ish race, had the pace of the leaders for the first 5 or so laps without pushing to hard, but tyres died and i started dropping back, after a while i was 10 seconds behind the car infront and 25 seconds infront of the car behind after a few laps thought id have enough time to pit for fresh rubber... turned out that wasnt enough and had wicked pace hunting down the cars infront.. thanks everyone

Erm... Yeah, that's what happened, yes that's it. Lol
Not gonna lie, I had a few offs in that race. I'm a little more consistent than I was last night. That track is very odd with regards to the Porsche, it felt like every corner was off camber, and I had lift off and power on oversteer somehow... It was a total contrast to last weekend where the car felt solid on the track and I could push without too much fear of binning it. This morning felt very much like strange ice racing

Just a little heads up, while I haven't actually tried it myself. GTE and GT3 Porsches might be quite different.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back