rF2 S397 GT3 Sprint @ Road Atlanta - Fri 25 Sep 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
IMPORTANT!

Following the release of new updates for the GT3 cars all content has been updated, and the server has been restarted. Please ensure that the updated content has been downloaded and installed (this should be handled automatically by Steam) before attempting to join the server. We also recommend that, if you have previously joined the server, you uninstall the old server package.

I have some problem with my audi r8 lms gt3 2018 . Rf2 launcher wont install it despite having it files and subscribed in Steam.
Untitled.png

Last edited:
How do skins work in rFactor Multi-Player races? Do you guys have to have my skin too?

Adding to what @Ole Marius Myrvold said;
If you‘re not that familiar with skin sharing in rF2 I highly advise, that when you are implementing your skin, you should NOT create a virtual driver/new car with it. This usually creates problem when entering servers and sharing it with others, rF2 is still bugged in that regard, so it’s best to just create a separate .MAS-file(containing main skin, region skin and region mapping) and and putting it in one of the pre-existing cars folders. Then select that car and switch to your skin.

This will make it easier to share it and if there is any sort of problem with the .MAS-file or the sharing process on the server, you and the others are still able to participate without any hassle, worst case scenario is that your car is completely white! :rolleyes:

Adding to what @Ole Marius Myrvold said;
If you‘re not that familiar with skin sharing in rF2 I highly advise, that when you are implementing your skin, you should NOT create a virtual driver/new car with it. This usually creates problem when entering servers and sharing it with others, rF2 is still bugged in that regard, so it’s best to just create a separate .MAS-file(containing main skin, region skin and region mapping) and and putting it in one of the pre-existing cars folders. Then select that car and switch to your skin.

This will make it easier to share it and if there is any sort of problem with the .MAS-file or the sharing process on the server, you and the others are still able to participate without any hassle, worst case scenario is that your car is completely white! :rolleyes:

But do you need to make those mas-files though?
I've never bothered with it, and there hasn't been any issues in terms of liveries on servers or anything else.
I haven't bothered with the chrome/metallic/matte/etc. effects though, but for a plain one off club racing skin, I don't think that's something you must do.

Press refresh once your livery is showing in the tuning screen.
It will pack it as mas for massive (~80%) filesize reduction, usually leaving out extra files like helmet and windows. Those you will have to add in manually.
You might have been doing this without knowing.
4k texture in bitmap with alpha channel is 20 megabytes, not something i want to be downloading in high quantities with ADSL connection when joining the server.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 113 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 292 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing