rF2 S397 GT3 Sprint @ Road Atlanta - Fri 25 Sep 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Thanks for organizing and sorry for leaving, really lost my temper at some point, not too happy about some moves there.
Sorry @wayphaxx for the incident in Race 2, your breaking point was way earlier than mine and I tried to avoid a collision, wasn't meant to be an attempt to overtake really.

Thanks for organizing and sorry for leaving, really lost my temper at some point, not too happy about some moves there.
Sorry @wayphaxx for the incident in Race 2, your breaking point was way earlier than mine and I tried to avoid a collision, wasn't meant to be an attempt to overtake really.

@Michael Rudolf ; I have to apologise for being a bit aggressive through the chicane in the first race trying to retake position, after we made contact and when I was back in the right direction I drove slow to let you by as it sounded like you spun as well. But then it looked like you were waiting for me(respect!), so I decided to floor it as there was another car coming up from behind at speed. It was a tricky situation!

I have to say though, the GT3’s has really come alive after the latest update! They feel a lot more connected to the road, the 650S especially compared with the previous version. The latest update to the Oreca 07, in which S397 managed to remove the feeling of the tyres being connected to the road(almost like they reverted to the initial release version), had to me set a bad precedent. So this loss of feeling, being very notable at the rear end on the Oreca, worried me that they’ve made the same ‘update‘ to these cars, but this was a pleasant surprise!:)

Has it really become this bad? I know Colin mentioned the same last week. If it's gotten that bad I might have to skip using that car for a while...
As i wasn't taking part this week, i spent the time working on lemans, managed to improve by 3 seconds and much stronger on the brakes, however the setup is really unconventional, i think s392 have broken it somewhere

Has it really become this bad? I know Colin mentioned the same last week. If it's gotten that bad I might have to skip using that car for a while...
As i wasn't taking part this week, i spent the time working on lemans, managed to improve by 3 seconds and much stronger on the brakes, however the setup is really unconventional, i think s392 have broken it somewhere

I’m a fan of prototypes and I (still)like the Oreca, however I don’t race that car regularly so it might just be ‘ the difference in time’ spent with it. But the last Le Mans race we did here at RD I really had to be on it like crazy to get a low 3:32.xxx time during the race despite using my last known good setup in which I could push with some ease in to mid 3:27’s in race trim. And that setup is from a 2019 Le Mans RD club event. I went back to review the replays and results, to compare times, from three RD LM(see what I did there?:geek:) club events from 2018-2019 after the one we did a few weeks ago as I felt 5 seconds is a huge gap, and I’m not even one of the fast guys! Saw some 3:24’s done by a few racers here with the old version, which almost sounds crazy from the other side of the spectrum. There might also be a difference with the track as that got updated as well for the virtual 24hr this summer.
The braking issue is actually something I feel have been consistent with the car since the release, you have to really adapt a certain braking technique(firm but smooth) which at first was frustrating but in no way illogical to me. The few main gripes that I have now is that the car just wants to rotate or snap during the slightest lift off/coasting and it is almost impossible to feel the rear when it happens. Also I can’t really feel understeer anymore eitherhat I had to mainly judge by the direction of travel and the amount of steering lock needed to point the car. So this, to me, resulted in a car when appearing to understeer I did not dare to correct it with applying the throttle(I’m allergic to throttle off during understeer) as I was afraid that the backend would either:
1. Keep shoving the car out wide.
or
2. Snap in an instant, unable to save it.

TL;DR Front=rear=no confidence.

But as I like to play with the devils avocados:devilish:; this whole thing might be down to my wheel or as mentioned earlier, perception, different tracksurface(Indianapolis=insta death, Porsche curves=less camber with frosting on the side) and using a old setup, albeit slightly dialled in accordance to the new car, isn’t really a optimal foundation for judgement.

I would be a bit heartbroken if this meant no more Le Mans with the Oreca, I’m a total sucker for LM and prototypes.
Maybe give it one more chance or look at Enduracers or the DPi’s?
OR perhaps just one big GTE field?:alien:

Psst! As always huge appreciation to the work done by you guys hosting here at RD, I can’t get enough! And sorry for the wall of text and the slight incoherent structure!

@Michael Rudolf ; I have to apologise for being a bit aggressive through the chicane in the first race trying to retake position, after we made contact and when I was back in the right direction I drove slow to let you by as it sounded like you spun as well. But then it looked like you were waiting for me(respect!), so I decided to floor it as there was another car coming up from behind at speed. It was a tricky situation!
Thank you and no worries, I guess I was triggered easily as I had been taken out in the Le Mans event just before in the first lap and got annoyed immediately. I wasn't sure for a second if it was my fault so I waited for you, actually had to watch the replay to see you had sorta passed me on the grass to regain position :roflmao:
At the end I threw it away myself, looking forward to some more close racing!

I would be a bit heartbroken if this meant no more Le Mans with the Oreca, I’m a total sucker for LM and prototypes.
Maybe give it one more chance or look at Enduracers or the DPi’s?
OR perhaps just one big GTE field?:alien:

Psst! As always huge appreciation to the work done by you guys hosting here at RD, I can’t get enough! And sorry for the wall of text and the slight incoherent structure!

You got your heart in one piece for another week at least! :) We (me and @Roy Magnes) did a little test with the Audi R15 that is in the workshop as well, but that car isn't that much faster than the Oreca, and I'm not entirely convinced it will be a car that people like. It feels a bit "heavy".

I still hope for a GT & Touring Car - combination to work out in the future though. As I do agree with @Balazs Floszmann that it tends to be a bit too similar races, car wise.

Never tried the DPi's but they look great for sure, sounds like a good combination

They look great. However, the credits given in the mod-info is to "Firemonkeys Studios" when it comes to the models. And the mod-creator is listed as "exporting".
A quick little google-search shows that Firemonkeys are the ones who have made Real Racing for phones, a further search shows that the DPi's are indeed a part of that phone game.
So, the DPi's RSS F1 2020 and Lamborghini Huaracan Supertrofeo Evo are no-go cars for us at RD. As they are taken from a phone-game published by EA.

Which is also why when we found that out, we stopped using them. Which was a couple of days after I spent a lot of time making a 787 Replica livery. So much work for "nothing". Hah! :)

Anyway, I hope this explains why we won't touch those cars again.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 231 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 118 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 223 14.2%