• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

EU S397 GT3 @ Silverstone - Friday 17 May 2019

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Craig Dunkley, May 10, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 17-05-19
  1. Medilloni

Medilloni
    Premium

Ratings:
    +285
    EDIT Sorry Craig, asked to join 2 mins ago then Mrs tells me we've got visitors, apologies for that!:( Hope you all have a good race:)

• Beer Beer x 1
  2. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,133
    Welcome aboard :thumbsup:

3. PresidentSmug

PresidentSmug
    Premium

Ratings:
    +839
    Damn my Fanatec base and pedals were uninstalled after turning on my PC. Trying to install driver's before race but wheel feels wierd. Think I'll give this a miss :(

• Beer Beer x 3
  4. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,133
    That is a shame Ismail, hope to see you soon :thumbsup:

5. Balazs Floszmann

Balazs Floszmann
    Premium

Ratings:
    +160
    Sorry guys for left early this race but my engine was farting in the 4th lap :D
    Never happened the same before with M6..water temp 92 celsius, thats ok...maybe downshifting too quickly.
    Next time I must to be more careful!
    Really sorry!
    And I apoligize for hit someone (cant see his real (server) name here in the list) in the T1...I wanted let the car go straight because I missed the brake point but unfortunately You were there. Sorry mate!
    Craig...thanks for hosting the event!
    See You next time!

• Beer Beer x 1
  6. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,133
    Well you done better than I ..I never even got to race..I could not, I had diarrhea :poop::poop::poop: making it a bit to dodgy to race.

Will see you on Sunday :thumbsup:

7. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,133
    Sorry drivers I had to miss out on this one, was suffering with diarrhea :poop::poop::poop:

I was watching it of course, in between toilet duties. It certainly look like some good battles were going on throughout the field :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have one word for @RainhamIron PITS :p:p

Congrads to the podiums

@Pauli Ahonen :thumbsup:
    @Christian.ca :thumbsup:
    @elpolan :thumbsup:

and congratulation to all the drivers that finished the race ..well done drivers :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    • Beer Beer x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  8. Pauli Ahonen

Pauli Ahonen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +214
    That happens quite easily when you use your engine as a brake. Happened to me a week ago at Zolder.
    As far as the temperatures go, you only need to watch the oil, which should go up to 110-120 celsius.
    I have been running mostly 50% tape on the radiator and 100% tape on the brakes.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Luca Antinori

Luca Antinori
    Premium

Ratings:
    +395
    If that was at the first corner thats me, but no problems...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Luca Antinori

Luca Antinori
    Premium

Ratings:
    +395
    My tires were cold from the start to the end, I am not sure what I need to change in the setup... I normally leave default, I changed the pressure to almost the lowest values... but it was not really effective... :unsure:

11. Pauli Ahonen

Pauli Ahonen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +214
    As it is no secret at this point, lowest tire pressures always give more grip due to increased contact patch.
    That is a strange problem since this is one of the very few tracks i have to watch out for overheating the tires.
    What you can do on the setup side is increase toe angles.

• Beer Beer x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.