rF2 S397 GT3 @ Silverstone - Fri 30 April 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Oh yes. I was quite surprised with the pace I could go (quali have been my first runs on low fuel and softs), but I lost the rear end way too often which competently ruined my race.

Christof, nice defending :)

You did defend well Christof - sorry if I was negative about the blue flag thing. You put that BMW exactly where it needed to be to stop me getting past, but you did leave me enough room too.

Thats kinda confusing, I got told in previous races to maintain my speed and racingline under blue flag situations so therefore the other can anticipate where I'm going and manage to pass on his own. I might have failed so at certain moments while defending my position since I was in a constant battle.
I'm sorry if I have messed up, constructive feedback on how and where would be welcome since I'm a beginner.

Thats kinda confusing, I got told in previous races to maintain my speed and racingline under blue flag situations so therefore the other can anticipate where I'm going and manage to pass on his own. I might have failed so at certain moments while defending my position since I was in a constant battle.
I'm sorry if I have messed up, constructive feedback on how and where would be welcome since I'm a beginner.

I think the confusion comes from multi-class vs single class racing :)
In multi-class racing it's "drive your line, and the faster car have to pass you safely". As the cars that are lapping are mostly in a different class and are a lot faster by default.
In single-class racing it's more of a "let off the throttle slightly on the straight to let the guy pass easily", as the cars are theoretically about the same speed in the corners and on the straights.

Oke, although it wasn't on the straights where I hoped to let people pass, all incidents where in corners. Guess I'll stick to racing bots untill I can catch up a bit with the rest

Oke, although it wasn't on the straights where I hoped to let people pass, all incidents where in corners. Guess I'll stick to racing bots untill I can catch up a bit with the rest
Don't worry too much about it mate. We're here just for fun. We all do our best but sometimes things go wrong or not as intended. I don't think I had a single race this year that wasn't a disaster :whistling: Hope to see you out there again.

Don't worry - every race is a learning experience. I try to obey blue flags in one of two ways. I don't pull over and lose time myself - my goal is always to let the faster car past, by losing the minimum about of time. So I either;

i) If the car is close on the start of a straight, I pull over on the straight and brake a little earlier so they can get through, then follow them through the corner.
ii) if they catch me in twisty stuff, I take a wider line into the corner and let them through on the inside.

I think the key thing is to be predictable and don't defend or block the faster car if they are going to overtake you anyway. By the same token, it's up to the faster car to pass safely, so you shouldn't simply lose 10 seconds in order to let them by.

I thought you drove really well, blue flags aside. You were bloody difficult to pass and we were pretty even all things considered.

Last edited:
Don't worry - every race is a learning experience. I try to obey blue flags in one of two ways. I don't pull over and lose time myself - my goal is always to let the faster car past, by losing the minimum about of time. So I either;

i) If the car is close on the start of a straight, I pull over on the straight and brake a little earlier so they can get through, then follow them through the corner.
ii) if they catch me in twisty stuff, I take a wider line into the corner and let them through on the inside.

I think the key thing is to be predictable and don't defend or block the faster car if they are going to overtake you anyway. By the same token, it's up to the faster car to pass safely, so you shouldn't simply lose 10 seconds in order to let them by.

I thought you drove really well, blue flags aside. You were bloody difficult to pass and we were pretty even all things considered.
Thanks, but apart from being hard to pass you easily made up 10 seconds when you crashed behind me. And catched up several times actually, my speed is not sufficient to compete. Normally I'm in the back not fighting anyone, thats way easier.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 130 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 70 7.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 137 13.8%