rF2 S397 GT3 @ Silverstone - Fri 22 May 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Honestly, that was a weird one. Don't want to write too much atm, emotions still running strong and who know how i'll feel tomorrow.

Qualy was decent, I'll never get near the aliens infront, 1 second off my pm, slap bang in the middle of the grid. Start was meh, I might have played my part in the T1 carnage when I tried to avoid a car that spun infront and crashed into that Malboro Bentley. Sry about that. I enjoyed spinning that much that I repeated it 30 seconds later on my own :p
What followed for the next 50 mins could be divided in 3 categories:
1: Battle for positions. Lots of them, quite enjoyed those.
2: Being frustrated about myself. Quite a lot of unforced errors, some love taps into other cars, thankfully without consequences. Losing 5 or so positions while being lapped because I was confused who to let by for a moment.
3: Getting spun around. A lot. And whatever happened to the Golden Rule? IIRC not once did the other guy wait. Hell, at the end of the race I even waited after yet another crash even if in hindsight I'd say it wasn't exactly my fault.

As I said, don't want to write too much atm, still frustrated. Was a scrappy race with some positive highlights.

I would like to apologies to anybody I compromised in the Luffield corner. I was enjoying my comeback through the field after being taken out in T1 and on lap 5 or 6 my son walked in a accidentally turned off my screens leaving me aimlessly drifting across the track. Incredibly I didn't hit anybody but the replay looks like I got in a few peoples way so sorry about that. I spent hours this week practicing (I'm gutted).

:whistling:

Not a great race for me. I decided to stay on qualy setup (I didn't have a race one created) and my tires were shot after 5-6 laps. From then on it was just a struggle with oversteer and decided there was no need to finish a race with 3-4 spins (at least). I compared the tire wear with a normal setup and there was indeed excessive wear on rear left. Lesson learned.

Edit: It was still good fun. Thanks for organizing Daiman!

Last edited:
My race was just as frustrating, qualifying went ok, with 5th, had a decent start, 2 cars in front had an accident was running 2nd but diddnt have the pace to hang on, then i got tons of penalties for track limits, which was crazy ive watched back the race on twitch and it still makes my blood boil lol ended up having 3 drive throughs and 2 stop and go penalties, damaged my car out of frustration and came home pretty much last.. Check out this video "VR-Rfactor2, Chat live : Race Event starts Friday 8pm" http://www.twitch.tv/117colinracing/v/628753661?sr=a&t=6102s

Bentley Silverstone.png
Well, that race was an adventure! :)

Qualified in the top 10, could have maybe been a couple of places higher, but the times were so close in the midfield. I could also have been a bit lower.

Unfortunately, the start of the race didn't go to plan. Into T1, the 3 cars ahead of me all got into a tangle. In lifting slightly to try to avoid, I ended up getting contact from behind.
...I tried to avoid a car that spun in front and crashed into that Malboro Bentley. Sry about that.
Thank you Christian for the acknowledgement, but there wasn't much you could have done I don't think.

Luckily, I ended up on the outside of T1 on the tarmac, with no other contact....the bad news was that from P9, I was now P29! :O_o:.

In coming through the field, I did have a couple of very light contacts with other cars, but none which I believe cost anyone any time. Thanks to those competitors who gave racing room on track when dicing. Sorry to Luis Bernedo. I can understand why you would have turned in when you did. My pass into village was a bit of a late move, but we both got through without losing any great time.

At the flag, I was back into P8, but looking at the final result, I see that a car ahead of me had a time penalty for not taking a stop/go for track cutting, so that saw me in P7.

At best, without the spin at the start, I might have expected a P5 finish. so at the end of the day, the T1 incident made for a much more exciting race!

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 350 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing