rF2 S397 GT3 @ Sebring International Raceway - Fri 28 Feb 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Daiman, I have failed... I have a racing seat that I have attatched to the base of the chair that broke, but now it sits taller than the desk I have the wheel on :cautious:

I will have to build a proper base for the racing seat instead, but that rules me out of tonights racing :unsure: I will get this done during the coming days, so for the friday night in two weeks I should be properly adjusted in a proper racing seat - and propably with belts to hold me in :D

Have fun tonight, guys :)

Only if there's space, could you put me in please Daimen? So if there's max sign ups kick me out!

Like Patrick, haven't done this track before and used rf2 about 4 times - not sure how long I'll last, so wouldn't like to stop anyone else joining. ,,and still trying to work out how to serve a pit penalty :laugh:

My apologies, just plugged the wheel in and not being recognised by the game now:O_o:

Last edited:
From time to time, my games freezes for a moment. Do you know how to solve that?
There are several possible reasons why your game is freezing - it could be due to a CPU (or potentially, but less likely a GPU) bottleneck caused by the game, graphics settings being too high for what your PC can support, or network issues. I have checked your ping and this appears to be fine, so it is unlikely to be a network related problem. I think the most likely cause for the lagging / freezing will be your CPU. If you press "Ctrl + C" while you are driving then you will be able to see CPU (purple bar) and GPU (green bar) usage in the top right corner of the screen. If you notice that the bar indicating CPU usage spikes (or if it is generally quite high) then it will suggest that this is likely to be the cause of the issue. Unfortunately there is not much you could do to resolve this issue as far as I am aware without actually upgrading your hardware. But it might be worth reporting the problem to Studio 397 - let them know the car(s) and track combination, and send them your log file - so that they can look into it.

Daiman, I have failed... I have a racing seat that I have attatched to the base of the chair that broke, but now it sits taller than the desk I have the wheel on :cautious:

I will have to build a proper base for the racing seat instead, but that rules me out of tonights racing :unsure: I will get this done during the coming days, so for the friday night in two weeks I should be properly adjusted in a proper racing seat - and propably with belts to hold me in :D

Have fun tonight, guys :)
NOOOOOO! :( Awww, I'm gutted that you will not be able to join us this evening! But there is not much you can do I suppose... that is incredibly unfortunate. However, we look forward to you joining us again, hopefully in a couple of weeks. :) See you next time mate!

I managed to get through qualy without much in the way of stuttering/lag and just for a moment I thought I'd finally cracked it. During the warm up & formation lap, however, the dreaded signs of stuttering reappeared. By T1 at the start of the first lap my frames were in single digits - not great in VR :sick: - & there seemed little I could do to avoid the aftermath of a prior incident. It was fun while it lasted.

I managed to get through qualy without much in the way of stuttering/lag and just for a moment I thought I'd finally cracked it. During the warm up & formation lap, however, the dreaded signs of stuttering reappeared. By T1 at the start of the first lap my frames were in single digits - not great in VR :sick: - & there seemed little I could do to avoid the aftermath of a prior incident. It was fun while it lasted.
Oh dear, that doesn't sound good! :redface: Hopefully you are able to find a solution to resolve the stuttering, or at least determine the cause of the stuttering. As for tonight, it probably didn't help that there were so many cars on the grid, and also the Studio 397 version of Sebring is admittedly not great for frame rates - quite a few people were experiencing similar issues this evening, myself included.

Great fun guys. Thanks Damian. Was doing okish but got a drive through. When I went into the pits I saw the big shiny glowing pit box and pitted not thinking. Then got a stop and go for speeding on the way out. And then another. Haha

But was great fun at the end in a pack of 4. Not sure who was in the blue shadow 720 in front of me but very consistent driving :thumbsup:

From time to time, my games freezes for a moment. Do you know how to solve that?
If you get a loading screen for a split second, it is likely your game running too fast. Make sure you have a fps limit set to the game. You write it in steamapps/common/rFactor2/userdata/player/player.ini
It can also be limited by turning vsync on in graphics settings.
If it's a smaller freeze, you propably have to lower your graphics settings for especially multiplayer.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 349 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 483 39.0%