rF2 S397 GT3 @ Salzburgring - Friday 15 Feb 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Well that was a great introduction to rf2 for me! Not the result, that was awful thanks to a few off track excursions, getting beached in the kitty litter and then having to pay a visit to the pits to repair damage :redface: I think I was about 2-3 laps down but decided to keep going and use it as a bit of a shakedown. Have to say I really enjoyed the driving experience and will definitely be back! Bit disappointed how few finishers there were though - 30 drivers signed up and I finished 12th despite being over a lap down in the end? Bit poor!

I try not to quit, but I ****ed up badly and the car was damaged then I got taken out. Should have left the rear wing where it was.... took a gamble. Didn't pay off.

Looking at the race from where I was sat at the start, would seem the track was not wide enough for some.

@Stephen Gibb Sorry again about that contact, think I was so focussed on why my car was slow down the straights that I didn't hear crew chief warn me. No excuse.

• Deleted member 387850

Somehow I avoided the carnage on lap 1, made it through the chicane with a very courteous group of gentlemen who took it easy, and found myself going from P19 to P6 in the first few laps! Unfortunately I then manage to barrel roll the car through the gravel a few laps later through that fast right hander, but if it had of been about a 5 lap race I'd have been in there :roflmao: Oh yes, nearly forgot my drive through I had to serve for crossing the white line on pit exit as well! Was an eventful race!

Guys please, this is an event thread, we want new members to join our friendly club racing, what on earth are they going to think reading this thread.. @Paul Glover is exactly right, we talk about any problems with this event in private, most defiantly not like this in public.

If either of you have any issues and you feel one of our rules has been breached, then please contact me via private message and I will most defiantly get it resolved.

I am now really angry, this is the third or fourth time that I get "connection lost", thought we had sussed it with @Stephen Gibb , but no. Why is it only the Friday events cause this?

I know 397 did recently have online issues, but I do believe they said they were resolved, but clearly they are not..It is far from perfect, a few nights ago I lost connection on 4 occasions, then everything was rock solid. I thought I was going to loose connection tonight, every time I went back to the pits during practice an qualify the game froze ...I received the windows message, your game has crashed, would you like to wait or end ..I can not remember the exact message ..I would of course always click wait, then a few seconds later the sim would work....so for sure on tender hooks.

Last edited:
Well 50% of the field said they had a great race, so certainly not without issues.

I did myself actually hit @Paul Glover going into the chicane, not a hard contact but enough to knock him of his driving line ..so of course I said sorry to him on TS and drove slowly (off the racing line) until he had passed me and honestly it is not that difficult.

The chicane did seem to cause 70% of the issues, I personally wish the two bollards were a fixed item, this would force drivers to slow down and it would also save a lot of arguments.

Many congrads to the podiums ..well deserved guys :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I hope to see you all next week, lets all take a chill pill and enjoy our racing and respect each other :thumbsup:

A photo is one part the overall situation. Two times i come from backwards and you see that my speed is really faster than yours and nevertheless you have too times defend your line too long even though i was in front. the first situation (start/finish) - okay a little bit more space for you... but the second situation, before i try to pass you, you loss the control and catch the car, than i was little bit in front of you. Nevertheless you will stay on your position instead of braking... in the race, i think you shoot me with purpose. :-( if i see the replay, i think you defend your line 2 times to much and to long, because i was both times a little bit in front and than you have to release the ideal line. summarized i would say 50/50 and thus race accidents. for the freedom and goodwill i have to say sorry, if you think the same...
going ahead partially does not mean you can get in my lane, in both cases I lost control when you hit me, there is no problem we all made mistakes,@Paul Glover I will not comment again on incidents do not worry:):):);)

i had no problems (except some cramps :D), this was a good race for me i'm happy of anything i've done except the contact with Mikka, i'll be more caught at the start in the future :)

We all have contact, even staff members like myself are far from perfect, it is not the contact we worry to much about (unless of course it happens a lot) it is what happens after the contact that really matters ...we need to love each other :cautious::cautious: and respect each other ...and have FUN :thumbsup:

@Stephen Gibb Sorry again about that contact, think I was so focussed on why my car was slow down the straights that I didn't hear crew chief warn me. No excuse.
No worries Paul accidents happen, it's all good.
I am now really angry, this is the third or fourth time that I get "connection lost", thought we had sussed it with @Stephen Gibb , but no. Why is it only the Friday events cause this?
I would reckon possibly because some of the GT3 cars had updates this week, try doing what we did last Sunday first delete the GT3 rfmod for tonight's race then usubrcibe from the cars probably best do all the Gt3's this time, I hope this helps mate :thumbsup:.
@Craig Dunkley thanks for hosting.
I hope to see you all next week, lets all take a chill pill and enjoy our racing and respect each other :thumbsup:
I would like to echo what Craig has said here and also please guys take it a bit easier on the first lap it's a 50 minute race it isn't won on the first lap

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 133 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.0%
  • < 5 years