rF2 S397 GT3 @ Salzburgring - Friday 15 Feb 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Hi guys cant join server..
Did a few laps earlier this week and it was no problem..Package not avalible it says now.
Anything changed?? When i look in packages i have S397 salzburgring 1.0 installed but cant install 1.1

Can join GTE and Group c server no prob…
I have GT3 pack and Challenger pack...

The track version you need is ..Salzburgring 2016 v1.01..the track has nothing to do with S397 so I have no idea. This is a conversion from RF1 by digga. The link is on the main page.

Delete Salzburgring from packages and unsubscribe from the Salzburgring on Steam. Then close down RF2 completely. Now use the link on the event post and subscribe to the track "Salzburgring 2016 v1.01" ..now start up RF2 and it should now work :thumbsup:

problem solved…
Bought GT3 package that i thougt i had…

GTR endourance and Challengers is what i had now also gt3 so i dont know how i could practise earlier this week...but workes now...

problem solved…
Bought GT3 package that i thougt i had…

GTR endourance and Challengers is what i had now also gt3 so i dont know how i could practise earlier this week...but workes now...

If it helps with time? the default setups are actually very good, of course you just need to worry about heat and pressures (tires) :thumbsup:

• Deleted member 387850

Any tips for a rf2 first-timer when it comes to tyre compounds and pit strategy? Will any of the compounds last 50mins without a change? Are the tyre pressures and temps as crucial to get right as AC? Us R3E folk are simple folk :roflmao:

Any tips for a rf2 first-timer when it comes to tyre compounds and pit strategy? Will any of the compounds last 50mins without a change?
I'm probably the last person you want to ask, but - mediums are a safe bet regarding grip stability over the whole race, but are slower, softs should still last and are faster at least initially, but might fall off to an extent that also depends on setup and your driving, and you may find that you might be better off just running mediums. So it really is hard to recommend one or the other.

• Deleted member 387850

I'm probably the last person you want to ask, but - mediums are a safe bet regarding grip stability over the whole race, but are slower, softs should still last and are faster at least initially, but might fall off to an extent that also depends on setup and your driving, and you may find that you might be better off just running mediums. So it really is hard to recommend one or the other.

Thanks Martin, I'll maybe play it safe and go with the mediums then! I'm assuming people don't normally pit in a 50min race then?

Well horrible race hehe
Anyway i was ok with start second and in start Luka and me hold the lines but i get hit from the man starting 3d.
**** happens so of we go again :D
Then me and Allan had a crash in Sector 3 and i se replay and i could let go and also Allan but thats racing.
A few laps later in the last fast right hander i was on inside on Allan but allan keept his space as he probably should and he spun off and so did 3 of us coz that.
I know some people make protest but i never seen that as any sullotione coz what happened happened and we still love everybodey next race haha

Thx alot for All work admins and all do for us crazy drivers and see u tomorrow:)

Mika

@Knut Mattheisen I can not disappear and you want to get where there is no place
GRAB_167.JPG
GRAB_165.JPG
GRAB_161.JPG
GRAB_162.JPG

A photo is one part the overall situation. Two times i come from backwards and you see that my speed is really faster than yours and nevertheless you have too times defend your line too long even though i was in front. the first situation (start/finish) - okay a little bit more space for you... but the second situation, before i try to pass you, you loss the control and catch the car, than i was little bit in front of you. Nevertheless you will stay on your position instead of braking... in the race, i think you shoot me with purpose. :-( if i see the replay, i think you defend your line 2 times to much and to long, because i was both times a little bit in front and than you have to release the ideal line. summarized i would say 50/50 and thus race accidents. for the freedom and goodwill i have to say sorry, if you think the same...

A photo is one part the overall situation. Two times i come from backwards and you see that my speed is really faster than yours and nevertheless you have too times defend your line too long even though i was in front. the first situation (start/finish) - okay a little bit more space for you... but the second situation, before i try to pass you, you loss the control and catch the car, than i was little bit in front of you. Nevertheless you will stay on your position instead of braking... in the race, i think you shoot me with purpose. :-( if i see the replay, i think you defend your line 2 times to much and to long, because i was both times a little bit in front and than you have to release the ideal line. summarized i would say 50/50 and thus race accidents. for the freedom and goodwill i have to say sorry, if you think the same...

@Knut Mattheisen @Juan Roguez Please have a conversation over PM to resolve your dispute, if you cannot then involve @Craig Dunkley

Thanks
Paul

Reminder of rule number 8, can be found here with the other rules for club racing.

Try and discuss any incidents with the other drivers involved after the race in a friendly manner. If you feel stressed out by an accident then take 24 hours to calm down, review the replays of the incident and resolve it in a mature way via PM. Do not make angry posts about it on the forum. If you cannot resolve the problem then please contact the staff member whom organised your race via PM, sending them an incident report that follows the procedure outlined here.

• Deleted member 387850

Well that was a great introduction to rf2 for me! Not the result, that was awful thanks to a few off track excursions, getting beached in the kitty litter and then having to pay a visit to the pits to repair damage :redface: I think I was about 2-3 laps down but decided to keep going and use it as a bit of a shakedown. Have to say I really enjoyed the driving experience and will definitely be back! Bit disappointed how few finishers there were though - 30 drivers signed up and I finished 12th despite being over a lap down in the end? Bit poor!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back