rF2 S397 GT3 @ Road Atlanta - Fri 20 Jan 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Just so no-one gets surprised tomorrow. I've done a change to the admin password for the server for this race, as both me and @Roy Magnes will be in the (too cold) forests around my hometown watching the opening round of the Norwegian Rally Championship (and possibly Rally Monte Carlo on WRC+ on phone). When @Jimlaad43 isn't available either, I've told (not asked :p ) @Jan Larsen and @Herlev to log on as admin(s) to move along the sessions when it's time to do so :)

no idea what happened there, it was like the diff was broken, i done over 200 laps in the last two nights and the car never behaved like that!!

really feel like doing a max and deleting the "game" this is no longer a sim, and the release notes on the next rc seem to backup this theory!!

Honestly I think its the track Colin, the moment you get offline, it kills you. Even in the Vette which is the most forgiving car in the world normally. I had a nasty slide coming on to the straight and I have no idea why it did that.

Last edited:
Wow that was intense! Had a lot of unfinished business with this track. Every race here so far was a complete disaster, either I was crashing or spinnig out or my PC couldn't handle the graphics and force me to quit before it really started.
Had always wanted to try the Porsche and decided today is the day. Had done plenty of laps with Colin the last days and figured my pace wasn't too bad but got a bit frutrated yesterday trying to get into the 1:16 which was possible but I could just not get all sectors together once in endless tries.
Quali went alright, managed some good lap but Marcs lap was just too fast for me, well done!
Race started good but I realized immediately that Marc was much faster and just pulled away. Was happy to see Colin, who I think wanted to use mediums, seemed to hold up Jan a bit so I could quickly open a gap as well. Had settled for P2 and figured I would only see Marc disappear when he lost it into T1 and I got past. Seemingly happened again soon so it was me leading Jan by around 5-7 seconds. What followed were 40 minutes of intense giving it all to keep that gap open while constantly fighting with the car that tried to murder me every other lap. Lost it quite a few times but luckily somehow held it together.
Feels really good this one :D
Thanks for racing everyone!

My race unravelled in qually really, 5th on the grid just isnt good enough with the pace Marc and Michael showed up front. I knew my race pace wasnt too bad, but having to pass a bunch of cars close on pace, at a track like RA, is asking for a tough job.
As Marc and Colin made mistakes and fell back, I soon found myself in 2nd but 9 secs behind. Many laps later I had managed to get it back to 5-6 secs, but it never got any closer than that. I was decently happy with my driving, 95% happy with the setup (last 5% was the missing rear end) but I've always hated sector 1 on this track, it dosent suit me or the Vette and neither does the long straight where the Porky certainly has the upper hand.
Anyway, happy to see Michael have the pace he had, it should make for an interesting year in the club :)

no idea what happened there, it was like the diff was broken, i done over 200 laps in the last two nights and the car never behaved like that!!

really feel like doing a max and deleting the "game" this is no longer a sim, and the release notes on the next rc seem to backup this theory!!

If it is of any help, the GT3's are supposed to get the new tyres in Q1 :)

Hopefully there is the New tyre Model coming and a revised BOP. I believe that we will get 1 or 2 New or updated cars, like the new Ferrari or Porsche.

Anyoneelse who loves Road Atlanta but hates it the same way?
I was late on the Server and had no practice before, so the last 30min of the Training was just about finding the right way on track.
The qualytime was ok, not ok was my driving as i managed just one good lap.
In the race it took 5-10laps to find some rhythm, afterwards it was ok and despite 2-3 bigger moments i made it to the end. I'm still searching the way how to find a bit more pace with these cars.

Last edited:
Hopefully there is the New tyre Model coming and a revised BOP. I believe that we will get 1 or 2 New or updated cars, like the new Ferrari or Porsche.

Anyoneelse who loves Road Atlanta but hates it the same way?
I was late on the Server and had no practice before, so the last 30min of the Training was just about finding the right way on track.
The qualytime was ok, not ok was my driving as i managed just one good lap.
In the race it took 5-10laps to find some rhythm, afterwards it was ok and despite 2-3 bigger moments i made it to the end. I'm still searching the way how to find a bit more pace with these cars.
Same here. It's such a fun track when you put together a okay'ish lap, but if not it is super frustrating (still mostly fun though).
I'm also really struggling with RF2 GT3's. I feel like I'm much better on pace with all other cars - not really sure what it is, but I need to find out if I don't want to end up as a permenant backmarker.

But still a fun race :thumbsup:

If it is of any help, the GT3's are supposed to get the new tyres in Q1 :)
after i posted, i thought actually the problem might have been the traction control not loading properly, i done all my practice qnd warm up on 100lts and was doing 1.18.5 to 1.19.5 constantly, my best in the race was 1.21 i think, i simply could not touch the accelerator.....

how was the rally?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 98 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 74 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 78 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 50 6.4%
  • < 5 years