rF2 S397 GT3 @ Road Atlanta 2021 - Fri 29 Oct 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
If there's anyone seeing this thread after this post. Are a Premium Member and wants to join...

There are up to 44 spots here, so feel free to write, and join in. No need to wait for an answer or to be put on the list! WroomWroom!

Man why does this game have to be so bad at times. No issue through all practise with all cars there, come race it starts lagging like mad. Absolutely undrivable. And I already had reduces graphic settings some time agos. I'm slowly but surely so done with this game :mad:
Sorry for the weird driving @Jan Larsen, it appeared to heal itself multiple times so I hoped I could continues but came back again and again until I figured it's pointless.

@Michael Rudolf no worries mate, I figured you had issues of some sort from your driving, so naturally I piled on some extra pressure :p Yeah, the track is very gfx hungry - I glanced up at the FPS counter during one the laps and down the straight it said 72, I usually get well over 100-120.

Last edited:
I've got the game today and suffered the same issue, especially when cars appeared in the rear view mirror, currently trying to figure out how to improve that otherwise it'll have to be a singleplayer game for me :(
I wish it wouldn't be so random. We had a lot of signups on Nordschleife a few weeks ago and Monza before that had about the same amount of cars as today, both being graphically rather demanding tracks, and I had no issue at all, smooth 60 FPS at all times. Today it at times ran smooth, then suddenly dropped massively, especially in the first sector. Sometimes it ran like slowmo and a sec later I found myself "jumping" ahead.

@Michael Rudolf no worries mate, I figured you had issues of some sort from your driving, so naturally I piled on some extra pressure :p Yeah, the track is very gfx hungry - I glanced up at the FPS counter during one the laps and down the straight it said 72, I usually get well over 100-120.
Lol make that 20 FPS at times for me. I think I missed about every breaking point and apex possible, no extra pressure needed :roflmao:

Man why does this game have to be so bad at times. No issue through all practise with all cars there, come race it starts lagging like mad. Absolutely undrivable. And I already had reduces graphic settings some time agos. I'm slowly but surely so done with this game :mad:
Sorry for the weird driving @Jan Larsen, it appeared to heal itself multiple times so I hoped I could continues but came back again and again until I figured it's pointless.

It does feel like the game do demand more usage of resources for every update, yes :/

Yeah, I had terrible and inconsistent FPS on the formation lap and it never solved so I had o give up before the race had even started. Such a shame because I was really looking forward to this race :cry:

It was a shame indeed :( Try a SP-race with 25 cars, standing start on the same track. If that gives you FPS you can live with, then that should work. If it doesn't, you need to turn it down a bit. Choose a resource-demanding new track. Like this one, Indianapolis, Monza, Spa, Sebring etc. Not Nürburgring as that's insaaaane!

I've got the game today and suffered the same issue, especially when cars appeared in the rear view mirror, currently trying to figure out how to improve that otherwise it'll have to be a singleplayer game for me :(

Same as above. And as I said earlier today, I was pretty sure you wouldn't be a massive fan after day 1 :unsure:

I just wish the backmarkers would've held you up a little bit more :whistling:

I think this genuinely is the best race I've ever done. Not a single mistake, good pace all the way. Even with a nervous car I felt like I had pretty much control over the car anyway! Even put in 4 of my 5 fastest lap on the last 6 laps! Wowzers!

I think the frame rate issues are related to the low sun creating reflections that are hard to compute. The time on the practice server was different so it didn’t have the same effects. Try lowering reflection quality in the video settings.

I had a cool battle with the green Bentley for p6/7 until I lost time in an oversteer moment.

my race:

btw Simon had an issue at the start with somebody not keeping position and lagging that caused him a stop and go. A shame! (I think p 14)

See you next week..

I think the frame rate issues are related to the low sun creating reflections that are hard to compute. The time on the practice server was different so it didn’t have the same effects. Try lowering reflection quality in the video settings.

Yes, I know the time was a bit different. I genuinely don't know how to change the practice start time, nor the qual time. I didn't expect 12 and 15:00 to be that different though. Neither that headlights were required at 15:50 O.o

Well that was quite a race for me..
Having finally a bit of practice done beforehand and even a qualy plus a safer race setup prepared, I was amazed by my P4 lap. Felt great!

Then I had a good start into P3 after some battling throughout lap 1 and found my rhythm.
Something happened behind a crest and I went into P2 with a nice buffer of 6s to Jan and Ole.

And then my tyres went downhill... A lot!
My rather understeery setup when coasting became absolutely ridiculously oversteery and while I could manage it throughout most of the lap, T1 made me spin 4x.

I managed to adjust my driving to braking in a straight line, going back on throttle before turning in and lose 0.8s per lap through that first turn.

I had some nice battle during the last few laps with Hartmut in the Bentley but didn't risk too much.
In the end I went for it into the chicane in the last lap but Hartmut had none of it and turned in like I wouldn't be there.
I spun another time, he luckily didn't and I came home P7 after losing another 2 positions while getting back on track.

To be fair I probably was too far behind for the move so I'm good with the result.

Summary:
Very happy with my pace but I'm done with the McLaren. I love the handling for a few laps but after that it just becomes too messy for me.
The last race in the BMW around the Nordschleife was consistent from start to finish so I guess I'll try a few different cars with accelerated tyre wear :)

I just wish the backmarkers would've held you up a little bit more :whistling:

I think this genuinely is the best race I've ever done. Not a single mistake, good pace all the way. Even with a nervous car I felt like I had pretty much control over the car anyway! Even put in 4 of my 5 fastest lap on the last 6 laps! Wowzers!
Yeah, you had me look at the standings screen all the time trying to judge how fast I needed to go to keep the gap! :O_o: Awesome pace you had!I had my fair share of backmarkers that wasnt really cooperative, including one I had to flash in order to let me by. Sorry about the flashing to whoever it was, its not normal practice, but after running behind for over a lap, with a clear blue flag shown, I ran out of patience.

My race started out decently, held position and got by Michael after his issue early on. Settled down, tried to open up a small gap so I could concentrate on my lines and found a rythm to try and close up the gap to @RasmusP. It worked, the gap slooowly went down, then up after said backmarker, then back down again until he spun. At this time I had managed to haul myself to 2nd and settled in for a nice cruise to the finish, maintaining the gap to @Maciej Strzeboński until the very last laps where he spun, presumably and got stuck against a wall.
A slightly lucky win, but apparently only me and Ole never made mistakes :)

Thanks for pointing that out. Tried 30 AI starting somwhere in the middle, no issue at all around noon. Using 4pm when the sun sets it gets unplayble. Tried lowering the reflection settings but didn't help much, FPS drop to 30. Also haven't had such big issues before, Le Mans full day night cycle was flawless for example. Something is weird, must be a combination of things with track, car amount, time of day.

Thanks for pointing that out. Tried 30 AI starting somwhere in the middle, no issue at all around noon. Using 4pm when the sun sets it gets unplayble. Tried lowering the reflection settings but didn't help much, FPS drop to 30. Also haven't had such big issues before, Le Mans full day night cycle was flawless for example. Something is weird, must be a combination of things with track, car amount, time of day.
I’ll add a comment on the steam workshop for the author. Maybe it’s a shader setting that he can modify.

Yep guys i guess i wasnt the only one with issues yesterday. During practice game crashes again even after updating gpu drivers. I thing my game is broken. I will reinstall it. My other games run without problem.

I’ll add a comment on the steam workshop for the author. Maybe it’s a shader setting that he can modify.
Did some more testing today, I can confirm now that it's the road reflection (SSR) that seems to cause this. If I turn that off completely (low is not enough) I can leave everything else to high and it runs quite well. @Jimlaad43, @Casper de Wit try turning that off, it should run much better. Also it's the only track I had this issue, at least to this extend, even on Nordschleife I can leave everything, including SSR, to high and it runs OK.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back