rF2 S397 GT3 @ Road Atlanta 2021 - Fri 29 Oct 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Now you've done it! Now you're on my future tag-list! :p Oh, and you're in of course! :)

I have no idea with regards to the cars. I just drive what I feel like driving! Which is never a Porsche! :) if you are Pauli Ahonen you can easily win with a Radical. If you are Roy Magnes, you won't :whistling: The cars is fairly ok balanced. I do feel that what you like is about as important :)
Eyh!

None yet, got both RF1 and 2 in the sale today and been looking forward to racing with them! Aiming at a solid last place this race! ;)

Ohmy. rF1 works like a charm. A different way of "installing" mods. But that's pretty much Plug'n'Play.

rF2 is an acquired taste. I am 78.63% sure you will not be feeling overly happy after tonight. But give it some time, and you'll get the feel of it. I find it feels a bit more right than ACC, not as polished, but then again I feel ACC is a bit "too polished", too slick.

Ok. So... DLC's install automagically through Steam. Any updates to any content (workshop or not) is automagically installed as well. Loading into a track for the first time you fire it up takes a long time. Especially the tracks with a lot of stuff (Nordschleife, I am looking at you).
You should double and triple check controller setting for force feedback and button mappings. While light and wipers seems to default to "auto" in the game. I find it practical to have buttons for those mapped. Speed limiter also of course.
Oh, in rF2 you can shift to 2nd in the pit, without the limiter turning off (I got burned during an 8hr at Paul Ricard in ACC when I shifted too 2nd and the car turned off the speed limiter...).
Map a pit-request button. While you don't need to pit in this race (tyres last, fuel tank is large enough). Having the pit crew requested and getting the "pit crew ready" message does mean that the stop happens at optimal speed. If you don't do this. It simulates the crew frantically running to your car(not actually doing so ofc.) so the stop takes longer time. You can also change the amount of fuel, tyre changes etc. you do while on the track through the MFD.
If you want to see others custom skins, you need to turn on "allow custom liveries" or something like that in the settings.

There's surely much more uniqueness as well, but as I only play rF2 these days (and only during these races) I don't remember much of the differences between games.

For the Friday-events in rF2 we often end up using DLC-content. We also use RealWeather. The forecast is in the OP. It only takes the air-temperature and rain/no rain. It doesn't properly simulate cloud cover, even though that is an option in the RealWeather app. It also doesn't affect the track temperature. So the temperature in the OP is the tarmac during the event. However, the air temperature is live, and from what I've seen, can actually have an effect on engine cooling.

phew!

Anything in Windows event viewer, game or display related? Could be a dying GPU. I had or still have that, had to downclock my 1080Ti OC some time ago when I started having similar issues, flicker, game crashes. Started in ACC and I thought it was the game but got worse over time and now happens in pretty much every game unless I downclock
I have AMD Sapphire rx 580 8gb and had it for like 2 years now. But i think iz could be a PSU because i have the same PSU from 2014 and all other components are waaay newer.

I have AMD Sapphire rx 580 8gb and had it for like 2 years now. But i think iz could be a PSU because i have the same PSU from 2014 and all other components are waaay newer.
Yea that might very well be. I went fpr 1000W just in case, didn't solve it for me though. I think mine overheated in the summer, unfortnuatly it was only 1.5 years old but at least a bit downclocked it ran smoothly ever since.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back