rF2 S397 GT3 @ Riverside - Friday 22 March 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
That was just amazing... Such an awesome track. 5th is my best ever rf2 finish so I'm bloody well chuffed. Just a shame Steve and Paul went off ahead of me would have loved to have battled them.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother with sim racing as quite often I end up crashing out and really not enjoying it but tonight it all fell into place. Wish it would every night....might have to do this practicing malarkey a bit more often!

Awesome race. I was Lucky a couple times and got some precious positions. In the end i lost a lot of pace, and i was seeing an ever growing McLaren in my mirrors, but fortunately i managed to finish 4th. Looking forward for tomorrows battle!

Awesome race. I was Lucky a couple times and got some precious positions. In the end i lost a lot of pace, and i was seeing an ever growing McLaren in my mirrors, but fortunately i managed to finish 4th. Looking forward for tomorrows battle!
That was me... I bottled it going Into the banked last corner when I had you.. And then a lap or so later I went backwards through the eases! Nice racing!

Was languishing at the back doing a very good impression of a moving chicane most of the race... I didn't get time to practice as was in Penang from Wednesday, and only made the 6 hour drive back on Friday...
Hopefully I can make the GTE race tomorrow morning as feel at least I've had some good practice with you guys earlier.
Thanks for letting me join you and hope I didn't get in anyone's way too much

Was languishing at the back doing a very good impression of a moving chicane most of the race... I didn't get time to practice as was in Penang from Wednesday, and only made the 6 hour drive back on Friday...
Hopefully I can make the GTE race tomorrow morning as feel at least I've had some good practice with you guys earlier.
Thanks for letting me join you and hope I didn't get in anyone's way too much

I would not worry ..it is a track that requires a lot of practice (to be fast) you started and you finished, there were several that did not finish :thumbsup: ..hope to see you Saturday :thumbsup:

I would not worry ..it is a track that requires a lot of practice (to be fast) you started and you finished, there were several that did not finish :thumbsup: ..hope to see you Saturday :thumbsup:
I thought as much. To be honest most tracks do, especially in rF2. Loved it though. Was hoping to latch on to the leaders as they lapped me to see if I could perhaps learn some lines but I think they were too busy being Aliens and disappeared before I could even get a whiff of their slipstream...
Still, nothing quite beats a bit of real opponents for a change on rF2, even if I do have to get up at 4am to do so. It was more than worth it!

Thanks to all the organisers and RD for putting these races on. Had a blast and hope to do better tomorrow morning in the GTEs

Because finishing 5th is not impressive enough for you I assume.
Haha ....it could have been better... I had a shocking start went 7th to 9th before the full course yellow and then down to 11th or 12th on the restart ... I think nerves got the better of me as the more I went cautious going into the first corner of the esses the more out of rhythm I got....I should have stayed flat out as I was comfortable ... Cos of that I ended up going backwards and any chance of 4th was gone.

Well that was awesome, first ever RD club win!

Well done to Magnus for 2nd and commiserations to Dastan mate, you had me under pressure for a long time, thought you were going to have me through the esses when I went wide, then saw you lost it on the last corner later on. And Pauli what happened? You ripped through us 3 a lap down like we were nothing then span off on the esses? I found you really had to respect braking for that right hander as the car goes light at turn in. Glad i did a lot of practice this week. Commiserations mate was convinced you would win this your pace was something else.

With the Corvette think I've found a car I like finally, can run with minimum wing unbelivably its still stable, doesn't rotate very well you could see the Aston had the edge here but boy does it go out of corners like a rocket! Found i had to change brake bias forward and increase TC at the later stages as it got a bit squirly.

Thanks for organising on this track Craig. Got to try this with more classic cars when i get the chance can see the attraction.

Was hoping to latch on to the leaders as they lapped me to see if I could perhaps learn some lines but I think they were too busy being Aliens and disappeared before I could even get a whiff of their slipstream...

It was bad timing Alex we came upon you braking into the harpin and forced you to go wide and had the momentum to blast through. No such thing as aliens mate just people who work hard practicing, reading up on car dynamics, setup and working on the right lines. You'll get there keep plugging at it!

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back