rF2 S397 GT3 @ Riverside - Friday 22 March 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Did some practice around this and oh dear. What a suicidal ride with the mclaren in rev clipping 5th flat out through the esses in sector 1.
Uphill, downhill, blind braking and turn in zones. Blind exits too.
And then a cambered 180° where even the mediums melt and you feel them giving away. Doing 200 km/h while praying for not smashing yourself into the wall at the exit.

I love it :roflmao:

I am pleased that you love the track ...me to ..the esses flat out gives a great feeling, there is not another track that gives me such a thrilling ride :thumbsup:

Okay. Here's a noob question. I'm trying to join the server but it says "Package Not Available". I have all the cars bought and installed.

However, when I go to single player to see what I am missing from the vMod, it lists all the cars as missing and their version numbers are lower than those I have installed. For example McLaren 720S is v1.27 required by the package but I have v1.37 installed according Content manager.

What should I do? I really wouldn't want to reinstall the game :rolleyes:

Okay. Here's a noob question. I'm trying to join the server but it says "Package Not Available". I have all the cars bought and installed.

However, when I go to single player to see what I am missing from the vMod, it lists all the cars as missing and their version numbers are lower than those I have installed. For example McLaren 720S is v1.27 required by the package but I have v1.37 installed according Content manager.

What should I do? I really wouldn't want to reinstall the game :rolleyes:

It most certainly is not a noob question, I can assure you it happens often, at least once a week.
Basically the cars have been recently updated, so the cars on the server have been updated, steam has failed to update yours cars ..hence you can not join the server because it is a mismatch...95% sure this will be your problem. So what we have to do is get steam to update your cars ...the good news is it will not cost you anything, the bad new is, its takes a while and is hassle for you.

All Drivers:
Updates are coming out almost daily/weekly and for some Steam is not updating you with the new update, this is nothing to worry about and is a fairly common issue that is easily fixed.

So if you can not connect to our server? carry on reading..

Basically we have to force Steam to update our cars to match what is on our server.
  • Go to your steam inventory
  • Click on the car you want to Unsubscribe from
  • Click view workshop item
  • Now Unsubscribe from the car
  • Do that for every car in the GT3 Packs
  • Now Subscribed again to all the GT3 cars
Now fire up RF2 and it now should force steam to update the GT3 packs :thumbsup:

This fix will normally fix 99% of problems, if it does not, than you may have a more serious issue and you would be best advised to post you problem at the S397 support forum, where I am sure you will be given professional advice on how to solve your problem.

Note: I didn't have to subscribe the cars again. Just unsubscribed and started the rF2 launcher again. Auto-download kicked it :)

Edit: I was susprised by that as my initial thought was to unsubscribe, start the launcher to make the unsubscribe really happen. To then quit the launcher, subscribe again and start the launcher a second time.
Turned out it was only one step hehe

So if you can not connect to our server? carry on reading..

Basically we have to force Steam to update our cars to match what is on our server.
  • Go to your steam inventory
  • Click on the car you want to Unsubscribe from
  • Click view workshop item
  • Now Unsubscribe from the car
  • Do that for every car in the GT3 Packs
  • Now Subscribed again to all the GT3 cars
Now fire up RF2 and it now should force steam to update the GT3 packs :thumbsup:

This fix will normally fix 99% of problems, if it does not, than you may have a more serious issue and you would be best advised to post you problem at the S397 support forum, where I am sure you will be given professional advice on how to solve your problem.
No help for me despite unsubscribing from them all. I guess I'll have to try reinstalling rFactor2 to try to sort it out. Not sure if I can do it by tomorrow's race though, we'll see.

No help for me despite unsubscribing from them all. I guess I'll have to try reinstalling rFactor2 to try to sort it out. Not sure if I can do it by tomorrow's race though, we'll see.
Wait with re-installing. It barely solves the issue!
I've read your post again and the game says the server version is older than yours. That means although the server is updated, its content is not apparently.
So re-subscribing gave you the latest version again but that doesn't solve anything.
I for example can connect which means my rF2 updated the cars at that very specific version and didn't overwrite that version yet.
You can't do anything I fear...

So @Daiman Patel could you be bothered to look into this please? :inlove::inlove:

It is the same for me ...although the cars have been updated I do not believe that the server has. Although I can work with the AC servers, I have little knowledge about the RF2 servers ..so we are waiting for @Daiman Patel :thumbsup:

Wait with re-installing. It barely solves the issue!
I've read your post again and the game says the server version is older than yours. That means although the server is updated, its content is not apparently.
So re-subscribing gave you the latest version again but that doesn't solve anything.
I for example can connect which means my rF2 updated the cars at that very specific version and didn't overwrite that version yet.
You can't do anything I fear...

So @Daiman Patel could you be bothered to look into this please? :inlove::inlove:

@Daiman Patel normally responds very quickly ..he could be out he could even be asleep...we may have to wait until the morning :thumbsup:

In, thank you.

Did some practice around this and oh dear. What a suicidal ride with the mclaren in rev clipping 5th flat out through the esses in sector 1.
Uphill, downhill, blind braking and turn in zones. Blind exits too.
And then a cambered 180° where even the mediums melt and you feel them giving away. Doing 200 km/h while praying for not smashing yourself into the wall at the exit.

I love it :roflmao:
And now try it in a Group C car on maximum boost.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back