rF2 S397 GT3 @ Portland International Raceway - Fri 24 Jul 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
i did like an hours practice before I realised i was driving on the circuit backwards
Now, that's a name I haven't seen in a long time! How the devil are you, mate? :D Joining us for the race... hopefully driving in the right direction? :roflmao: I'll let you off though, since you are essentially upside down, so driving around the circuit in reverse probably looks normal to you! :p

Now, that's a name I haven't seen in a long time! How the devil are you, mate? :D Joining us for the race... hopefully driving in the right direction? :roflmao: I'll let you off though, since you are essentially upside down, so driving around the circuit in reverse probably looks normal to you! :p
Nah I wont be at this one. But I might rock up to one of your events soon.

Haven't seen it very well, but you weren't the only one who kinda forgot to brake before T1.

Had a fun race though but suffered a lot from performance issues (40FPS in VR, not good..) as is most often the case with new tracks. Such a hard track to pass on too and I've seen plenty of failed attempts. @Magnus Dahlgren was able to make his car very wide throughout the last half an hour of the race and I just couldn't get passed, well done! Luckily you survived the many small bumps in my attempts. How we survived those last 10 laps in the dark, with traffic and bunched up P2-P4, I have no idea..

Thanks for hosting Daiman!

I really struggled with the track for this event. At the middle of the race the rear ws getting a bit too loose, but eventually the balance of the car improved again and was good at the end of the race, the sun setting also imprved the visibility. It was great to race at this time of the day :thumbsup:
Had a great battle with David Steinacher :thumbsup:

Haven't seen it very well, but you weren't the only one who kinda forgot to brake before T1.

Had a fun race though but suffered a lot from performance issues (40FPS in VR, not good..) as is most often the case with new tracks. Such a hard track to pass on too and I've seen plenty of failed attempts. @Magnus Dahlgren was able to make his car very wide throughout the last half an hour of the race and I just couldn't get passed, well done! Luckily you survived the many small bumps in my attempts. How we survived those last 10 laps in the dark, with traffic and bunched up P2-P4, I have no idea..

Thanks for hosting Daiman!
I was behind you for the last 10 laps, it was a super tight battle with you, me and Magnus. Glad I took the podium and overal really clean racing.

I had a crazy one, quali p3, had a drive through far passing after the green flag but before the start/finish line (rookie mistake), felt back to p22 but came back all the way up to p3. Fantastic track, thanks everyone!

That was quiet a challenge ;) from LMP to GT3, still somewhat green with rF2, means, I had a lot of fun tonight. Tho it didn't work out as "planned". Having a realistic enviroment/weather/daytime effects as a main factor for competitive racing online (plus the superb replicable handling of rF2 cars) puts the whole thing on a new level and it's always good to be amazed, even with thousands of hours of simracing on your back.

Didn't know Portland until last week and it's exactly that kinda track I like, slightly technical but not overcomplicated (overTilked), more oldschool but fast enough to not fall asleep, tricky at some corners it is... reminds me of Most.
Grabbed the Radical in a 2nd attempt and felt comfortable with directly. Did some hotlaps and setup changes (and some tweaks during practise) - didn't expect much except for to be more or less competitive. At the end of formation lap Mr. Crewchief said : Green, Floor it ! Well...and I did....too early....getting a Stop &Go (and one mistake cost me around 6-8 secs).
Fortunately I followed my own Motto : Never (ever) give up (ok, sometimes it all sucks and you just quit :) ) and in the end I was rewarded with P11 chasing P10 last few rounds ;).., nice one.

Last edited:
I must take the blame for T1 incident. On the inside so close to wall with traffic to my left, I really couldn't make out the braking point. So I let everyone by and picked up last place P24. Really really sorry guys. Nobody likes T1 silly mistakes.

Qualified P12. And after the T1 incident... Followed by me trying to overtake on the inside of someone, either they turned into me or I loss grip, but we collided and spun. If someone sees thee replay and if its my fault which is likely... Please my apologies for that.

I made it all the way to P5... And feel to P7. From P7 with 5 minutes to freaking go I cut the track following a mistake and had to serve a drive thru. Only lost 1 spot and finished P8.

Thank you @Daiman Patel for hosting. I saw Henri come out the pits in front of me on lap 2 in P23. This guy quick (like that's news? Lol) cause he still won the race! Congrats bro!

Again, apologies to all

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 296 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing