rF2 S397 GT3 @ Portimao - Fri 15 Mar 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Alright, I guess I'm tired of the drivers that spin, goes to the back and just quit the race because they went to the last positions.

And please, don't give me 'connections issues', 'my wheel went off', 'my shifter fall out', 'my cat walk on the keyboard', 'my chair broke'....

Thank you Craig, for this astonishing combo. fantastic choice! :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, next week I might not be able to race and I might be call to be hospitalized for a few weeks, due to my stupid cancer.

Have fun all.

Cheers,
Paulo

Alright, I guess I'm tired of the drivers that spin, goes to the back and just quit the race because they went to the last positions.

And please, don't give me 'connections issues', 'my wheel went off', 'my shifter fall out', 'my cat walk on the keyboard', 'my chair broke'....
I hear ya! I've always thought those people need some SISU! ;)

nvm. Can't connect to the server.

Magic good to here from you :thumbsup: ..if you can not connect to the server, it is almost certainly be due to updates to the cars and basically steam has not updated your cars..this means you can not connect, it is nothing more than time and hassle.

All Drivers:
Updates are coming out almost daily/weekly and for some Steam is not updating you with the new update, this is nothing to worry about and is a fairly common issue that is easily fixed.

So if you can not connect to our server? carry on reading..

Basically we have to force Steam to update our cars to match what is on our server.
  • Go to your steam inventory
  • Click on the car you want to Unsubscribe from
  • Click view workshop item
  • Now Unsubscribe from the car
  • Do that for every car in the GT3 Packs
  • Now Subscribed again to all the GT3 cars
Now fire up RF2 and it now should force steam to update the GT3 packs :thumbsup:

This fix will normally fix 99% of problems, if it does not, than you may have a more serious issue and you would be best advised to post you problem at the S397 support forum, where I am sure you will be given professional advice on how to solve your problem.

Well I had a good race, top ten finish which is what I always try to get.

Had some great battles :thumbsup:

I think I have finally worked out the tire issues I have had, yes it has took me several weeks, but I feel I am at the end of the tunnel ..fingers crossed :thumbsup:

Many congrads to the podiums ..very well deserved :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Apologies for the hairpin incident Rob, I missed my usual braking reference and ended up going a bit too deep. I thought everyone affected had already gone by but now after seeing the replay I realise you were still behind me. Rubbish move on my part, sorry :(

No worries Andy, was a stressy moment with 4 guys stuck behind me, i went wide to let them through but got unlucky.

Pretty pleased with quali and holding 2nd for the first what 20 mins feeling pretty good. But really pace just wasnt good enough. Would have been ok after the incident but got a 50 second penalty going off track at the incident then another after not slowing down enough for the pit lane.

Still better to learn these things from the front when you are trying to defend. Kept on just to finish as i think its important I think ive finished 11th every GT3 race so far... Lols.

Definitely had better luck with the Audi in terms of pace this time, far less setup work to go quick. Though the tyres got cooked far quicker than the Merc.

This was my first GT3 race in rF2, if my memory serves me right and I did something terribly wrong with my setup, because it was fine in FP and qualy, but after a couple of laps, it turned into an oversteery mess in the race, sorry if I held up anyone with my clumsy drifting through the corners.

I did something terribly wrong with my setup, because it was fine in FP and qualy, but after a couple of laps, it turned into an oversteery mess in the race
If you were on softs, you might've been running too little rear wing, some of us had that issue a few times before. Or you might've been overheating the tyres, rF2 tyres are quite sensitive to temperature and lose a lot of grip if you overheat them.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%