rF2 S397 GT3 @ Paul Ricard - Friday 03 May 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
thanks guys, wouldn't call it a race for me. More like watching a corvette pull away a sec a lap while collecting a few track limit warnings to get a stop and go. Good thing this isn't a league :)

How did I ended on the entry list! :unsure: :) (sadly I was not home this week for this race)

Ok.
Sorry, I had not realized this detail. See you in the race. We'll have a good time, sure. Until Friday, and sorry for my mistake about this circuit.

If this is found to be true, we would most certainly not use it.
Side note:
I saw people questioning the other Paul Ricard version earlier in this thread, asking if it was legit.

According to the original thread on studio-397 forum it is a conversion from an Assetto Corsa mod done with permission and credit given to the original artist.
https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/paul-ricard.61067/

Yeah, that thing about it being a rip from F1 2018 is just some random comment on Steam.

And even though I like the original version better in some ways, that new version really seems to be more accurate (for example, the Mistral straight doesn't feature a mountain before the chicane like it does in this older version ;) )

For everyone having issues or unable join the server last night!

I had this issue even after downloading and installing the .RFMOD file manually. And was able to solve it and join about halfway through practice. And I hadn't done any laps on the track so I didn't come here to post this then.

But the issue was the track being installed in the wrong place in the rF2 folder structure. All content should be installed in the "rFactor 2\Installed" -folder. However some content is sometimes installed in "rFactor 2\Core\Installed" -folder. Don't know why!

What I did was just cut and paste the track folder from "rFactor 2\Core\Installed\Locations" to "rFactor 2\Installed\Locations" while rF2 wasn't running. And fixed it.

Tagging @Craig Dunkley just so you might be able to help in the future if there are issues like the above!

Sorry if I added confusion and misinformation on the origins of that other version of Paul Ricard! It wasn't my intention nor was I really trying to even answer that question. It was just an expanded answer for a possible reason why it wasn't chosen instead of the version that was used. In hindsight I shouldn't have mentioned the comments on it on Steam. Or even answer at all as I'm not staff! Was just trying to be helpful :redface:

As for the race itself. It was decently fun :D No practice, no setup suited for me and not a lot of knowledge on Paul Ricard's best driving lines. It's one of those tracks where it's really difficult to hit the same line on each lap on those long trail braking zones which there are many!

Had a few good battles and hope I was racing hard but fair! :p

All content should be installed in the "rFactor 2\Installed" -folder. However some content is sometimes installed in "rFactor 2\Core\Installed" -folder. Don't know why!
Weird. I have around 65 GB worth of content in my rF2 install and I don't even have a \Core\Installed folder, everything is in the usual Installed one.

How did I ended on the entry list! :unsure: :) (sadly I was not home this week for this race)

Side note:
I saw people questioning the other Paul Ricard version earlier in this thread, asking if it was legit.

According to the original thread on studio-397 forum it is a conversion from an Assetto Corsa mod done with permission and credit given to the original artist.
https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/paul-ricard.61067/

Hi. I adapted to this circuit that you have shown now and that I proposed to run, and after the explanations that they gave me about their origin, when rolling in the circuit stipulated for this race, I felt very uncomfortable. I was not fast, and I felt like an obstacle on the track. That's why I decided not to run. I noticed very different physics between both circuits. The truth is that once shown this link on the origin of this circuit, by physical offers and details, it would be very good to be incorporated in upcoming events. See you on track.

Apologies for not being around to respond to your questions last night regarding the issue with joining the server. Did anybody who experienced the problem try to manually install the server package - the '.rfmod' file? This would have highlighted any issues with missing resources, for instance the track not being installed, or one or more of the cars being out of date. If manually installing the server package did work then my guess is that the server may simply have needed to be restarted.

@Tero Dahlberg's suggestion (or rather the problem that he experienced himself) is also a possibility, and would probably become apparent when trying to manually install the server package. I am not sure why this happens for some people, every now and again, but my advice would be to check that the 'Packages Dir' is correct at the bottom of the "Content Manager" window in the launcher.

Sorry again for not being able to help last night, and I hope that it did not prevent too many of you from being able to join the event.

I had no issues with joining but i did install the track mod some time ago manually.

Congrats to the podiums, seriously 3 seconds off, I need to have words with myself.

Had an absolutely horrendous time after practice went ok. Quali didn't even get the time i did in practice. Then in the race I was getting 40-50fps and loads of lag, loads of stutter and it was barely playable and very distracting. Jumps and lags also caused the OSW wheel to jump and wrench at my hands really unpleasant. Span off a couple of times and felt like pulling my hair out. And I'm usually quite calm.
Tried an ai race after and same problem. Only did it in the race with all the cars about, so had no warning beforehand.

Afterwards found out there is a problem with the new nvidia drivers I installed last weekend (430.39) that came out recently with some cpu causing memory leaks / problems. Weird as I ran ok in SRCA race thursday night, but then that's older cars and graphics i guess, also Friday the PC was on all day.

If anyone else is getting this problem there is a hotfix on Nvidia website version 430.53, installed it and seemed to work ok now back at 100-120fps in a race. Frustrating. Wish i did this during the week. See here: https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4798/~/geforce-hotfix-driver-version-430.53

Annoying that's 2 weeks in a row i've not got round. More to do with me having to change jobs and all getting a bit stressful. Need to get my head back in it and start enjoying this again, supposed to be a nice Friday night wind down thing not a load of stress.

Paul Ricard isn't a forgiving track is it, nice when you are in the groove, nightmare when you aren't.

Did anybody who experienced the problem try to manually install the server package - the '.rfmod' file?
You mean from the links provided here in the thread? If so, then yes, several people solved the issue like that, myself included. And it really looked like it was this file the server was suddenly unable to provide.

You mean from the links provided here in the thread?
Yup, that's what I meant! :thumbsup:

If so, then yes, several people solved the issue like that, myself included.
I'm glad to hear that several of you were able to resolve the issue. :D

And it really looked like it was this file the server was suddenly unable to provide.
I have just checked and it looks like somebody had deleted the server mod, from the 'Packages' folder, a couple of days ago, which would explain the problem. :whistling: So you have hit the nail on the head - the dedicated server was unable to provide the server package because it simply was not there. :redface: My apologies, I should have checked this sooner.

Thanks for putting this event on @Craig Dunkley , really enjoyed it, though rF2 is a baptism of fire after a year of only using AC:confused: ... 2 x track limit penalties, and one for exceeding pit lane speed for good measure - was knackered by the end:laugh:

Thanks also for the setup and to you @kamackeris Paul for your setup and help finding/using it (and others that chipped in too!):thumbsup: I tried them for one lap, both were 2.5 secs faster than the standard setup, and felt amazing. Is it normal to have such a massive difference? ... I only ask 'cos in AC I don't usually get more than 1 sec difference.

Apologies for referring to AC too much:p I'm finding rF2 'different' though neither better or worse than AC. But the interface is:poop: :roflmao:

Yup, that's what I meant! :thumbsup:

I'm glad to hear that several of you were able to resolve the issue. :D

I have just checked and it looks like somebody had deleted the server mod, from the 'Packages' folder, a couple of days ago, which would explain the problem. :whistling: So you have hit the nail on the head - the dedicated server was unable to provide the server package because it simply was not there. :redface: My apologies, I should have checked this sooner.
Hi, Daniel asked me for help and I saw that it was the Vmod download from the server, Daniel put the link that I uploaded, although someone said it did not work, but I think it was perfect.:):):);):thumbsup:

Did anybody who experienced the problem try to manually install the server package - the '.rfmod' file? This would have highlighted any issues with missing resources, for instance the track not being installed, or one or more of the cars being out of date. If manually installing the server package did work then my guess is that the server may simply have needed to be restarted.
I did, and it installed without errors. So it wasn't helpful. When I was trying to join it kept saying can't download mod package.
@Tero Dahlberg's suggestion (or rather the problem that he experienced himself) is also a possibility, and would probably become apparent when trying to manually install the server package. I am not sure why this happens for some people, every now and again, but my advice would be to check that the 'Packages Dir' is correct at the bottom of the "Content Manager" window in the launcher.
Like I said above, it didn't say anything helpful. The Packages dir location is a good point as I've used to use different ones. But I had the correct one there now and also no other locations added at the moment. So I doubt that's the cause.

Something I can think of as a possibility is that there was a mistake by the track modder regarding where it will install. I believe it's something they can do/change/overlook, at least in the past. And he may have fixed that at some point. I think I've had that track installed for a long time so possible updates have just installed in the original location. Dunno, just speculation. Would be good to know why this can happen.

I did, and it installed without errors. So it wasn't helpful. When I was trying to join it kept saying can't download mod package.
Ah right, that's very strange. I just would not have expected it to work. So that does not help at all. :whistling:

Something I can think of as a possibility is that there was a mistake by the track modder regarding where it will install.
That is certainly a possibility. I'm almost certain that I have heard about the same problem occurring previously with the same track.

I believe it's something they can do/change/overlook, at least in the past.
I have not done much track editing, but from what I can remember I believe that you might be correct.

I think I've had that track installed for a long time so possible updates have just installed in the original location. Dunno, just speculation.
It may indeed only be speculation, but this definitely sounds like a plausible explanation for why the track was installed to the "Core\Installed\Tracks" directory as opposed to the "Installed\Tracks" directory at the root of your rFactor 2 installation.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back