rF2 S397 GT3 @ Paul Ricard - Friday 03 May 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I'd like to join, but it says "Package Not Available"

No need to stress, this is a common problem sometimes. Basically Steam has not updated your cars with th latest update, so you have to force steam to update ...yes it is hassle but sadly does happen quite often.

All Drivers:
Updates are coming out almost daily/weekly and for some Steam is not updating you with the new update, this is nothing to worry about and is a fairly common issue that is easily fixed.

So if you can not connect to our server? carry on reading..

Basically we have to force Steam to update our cars to match what is on our server. Make sure FR2 is not running.
  • Go to your steam inventory
  • Click on the car you want to Unsubscribe from
  • Click view workshop item
  • Now Unsubscribe from the car
  • Do that for every car in the GT3 Packs
  • Now Subscribed again to all the GT3 cars
Now fire up RF2 and it now should force steam to update the GT3 packs :thumbsup:

This fix will normally fix 99% of problems, if it does not, than you may have a more serious issue and you would be best advised to post you problem at the S397 support forum, where I am sure you will be given professional advice on how to solve your problem.

Full grid!!
I'd like to add something if I may.
Last week I heard someone was having difficulty with stuttering..
I had an issue, after some research I found that
In the player Json there is a "record to memory"
I after some advice set this from "false" to "true" and I can now max graphics with fxaa with lowest frame rate of 84 on this particular track.
Maybe helpful to some?

Hi. I want to ask if in future races, (not starting with today's), if there is a possibility of creating a custom skin and include it in upcoming events according to the car chosen for the race, both in this category and others that are part of this community . I am in a team, and I would like that skin to be seen in the races of this community. Thank you.

Hi. I want to ask if in future races, (not starting with today's), if there is a possibility of creating a custom skin and include it in upcoming events according to the car chosen for the race, both in this category and others that are part of this community . I am in a team, and I would like that skin to be seen in the races of this community. Thank you.

Indeed it is ..It will be uploaded to every drivers PC (so they can see it) ..so If you do not want another driver to use it in the future? either put your name on it, or just say something politely in the thread, I am sure then you will not have any problems :thumbsup:

Full grid!!
I'd like to add something if I may.
Last week I heard someone was having difficulty with stuttering..
I had an issue, after some research I found that
In the player Json there is a "record to memory"
I after some advice set this from "false" to "true" and I can now max graphics with fxaa with lowest frame rate of 84 on this particular track.
Maybe helpful to some?

If this works ..you may have stumbled on something that could help a lot of drivers out ..I have just done, this so will be testing .. @RasmusP what are your thoughts:thumbsup:

If this works ..you may have stumbled on something that could help a lot of drivers out ..I have just done, this so will be testing .. @RasmusP what are your thoughts:thumbsup:
I'm not Rasmus, but I'm sure you've seen the description/warning in the .json file:

Record To Memory#":"record replays to memory rather than disk (may possibly reduce stuttering, but at your own risk because memory usage will be significant for long races)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 208 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%