rF2 S397 GT3 @ Oulton Park - Fri 26 Nov 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Grats @Ole Marius Myrvold, well done :thumbsup: Fun race that was, had good pace at the start and got away without any big mistakes for a while until I lost focus and spun letting @Dean Maković past. Had a fun close battle for a while after that until he lost it and took me with him (no worries mate!). Had some damage but could continue and found myselfin the lead again soon as ppl. around me spun or went off. Stayed out a lap too long and lost too much time and came out just behind Ole. Had the same pace more or less but with damage and some smaller mistakes I couldn't get you. Well done! Nice british weather that was, made it quite interesting but pretty fun :D
And happy bday @Ingemar Petersson :)

Grats @Ole Marius Myrvold, well done :thumbsup: Fun race that was, had good pace at the start and got away without any big mistakes for a while until I lost focus and spun letting @Dean Maković past. Had a fun close battle for a while after that until he lost it and took me with him (no worries mate!). Had some damage but could continue and found myselfin the lead again soon as ppl. around me spun or went off. Stayed out a lap too long and lost too much time and came out just behind Ole. Had the same pace more or less but with damage and some smaller mistakes I couldn't get you. Well done! Nice british weather that was, made it quite interesting but pretty fun :D

I thought I had thrown away everything when I spun out of T-last the lap I decided to pit. But luckily the advantage of rain tyres was good :)
Also, when you gained on me after the stop, I was thinking that P2 is very good, and that a German guy called "Michael" would automatically be a master in the rain anyway :p

I need to see the log files, but I do think I was able to do a few laps that were fastest in the field on that specific lap. Default +1cm ride height worked fine in the wet :)

Also, when you gained on me after the stop, I was thinking that P2 is very good, and that a German guy called "Michael" would automatically be a master in the rain anyway :p
Lol I barely ever race in the rain, the name and nationality alone don't really help that much :D

I need to see the log files, but I do think I was able to do a few laps that were fastest in the field on that specific lap. Default +1cm ride height worked fine in the wet :)
I was totally counting on a dry race, was quite surprised when I went to the grid it rained :rolleyes: Can you actually return to the pits to change things before the race starts of will that be a DNF?
Car worked quite alright though, mostly me making too many small mistakes and thinking P2 is totally fine after the big crash.

Lol I barely ever race in the rain, the name and nationality alone don't really help that much :D

Hah, me neither. If you count the Sebring race we had in the club where it rained a bit as a wet-race (though, no-one went for wet tyres there, except @Steve Le Gallez ), then this was my second race in the wet.

I was totally counting on a dry race, was quite surprised when I went to the grid it rained :rolleyes: Can you actually return to the pits to change things before the race starts of will that be a DNF?
Car worked quite alright though, mostly me making too many small mistakes and thinking P2 is totally fine after the big crash.

I was surprised as well when someone on Discord said it. That cm raise I did, I did during quali, before I knew it would rain. So it was just pure luck if it helped in the rain.
I think you can exit the grid without issues. But you don't have much time :p

Sorry Michael for accident. I was trying to past backmarker and i horn to him and i hoped that he will set aside but he was weaving and suddenly he was in the middle of the road. I tried to past him on the left side catch the grass and spun around. Sorry

I didn't know this track and after the first couple of laps during offline practise I felt nothing but hate for Turn 1, the fast left before the hairpin, the fast right after the long straight and the last corner :mad: Observing others on the server then I quickly found quicker lines through those turns and was able to improve my time by over 3 seconds (compared to the offline time). In quali I nailed them (at least to my feeling) and was able to snatch P6.

I was surprised that I'm that far up on the grid and thought alright I'm starting to like the track and also in the warm-up I was able to put in constants laps on high fuel. However, since then it got worse and worse. The rain took away all my confidence I was able to build up during the online session. The light rain at the start was not a problem but after switching to the wet tyres (it was the first time ever I raced in the rain in this game) I spun almost twice in the lap out of the pits. From there on I just went backwards.

I really did not enjoy this race, however, it was a good experience/learning for potential further wet races. :)

Crossed fingers the next one will be dry again :redface:

I'm following your threads to see what particular tracks you guys race on.

Online racing is tempting but is there a chance you can share the approximate race lap times so that those interested can judge the entry requirements? I couldn't tell if need to race 97% or 110% offline to be competitive.

There's a reason we dont do that and thats to avoid possibly discouraging people from joining. There's always someone faster than you, but at the same time there's always someone near you level. If you turn up with the mindset that you wont win of the first outing, your outing will be much more pleasant.

I'm following your threads to see what particular tracks you guys race on.

Online racing is tempting but is there a chance you can share the approximate race lap times so that those interested can judge the entry requirements? I couldn't tell if need to race 97% or 110% offline to be competitive.

I couldn't tell what AI level you need to race on either. Mainly because the AI speed is varying depending on mod and track.
In club racing, as Jan mentions, we don't talk about lap-times, as it's supposed to be a place for some fun racing, without much pressure. In the rF2 club we have some aliens (genuinely, some are close to the levels of the GT series that rF2 runs!), and we also have people who races almost ever day, but always different sims so they are able to handle the cars, but can at times be several second off pace. The nice thing is that in the majority of races, everyone does find someone to fight with :)

Luckily 1 month of Premium Membership isn't that expensive, so you have little to lose by testing a club race or three :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%