rF2 S397 GT3 @ Nordschleife (24h) - 80 Minute Race - Fri 30 Oct 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I’m in please

Yup!

In please, McLaren 650S GT3

Like Denis said before yesterdays Lola event:
" Before I can sign you, I need you to do me a favour please. You need to Account Details and fill in the Real Name field. It's so that everybody on the server can be identified as a Premium member. You real name will only be visible on event threads and only visible to other Premium members. " :)

Well that was pretty epic in every way. Thought that Simhub overlay was a great thing, loved it until this first online race. Fisrt showed race would be one hour instead of 1:20 which confused me, then showed green way way before it actually was. Sorry for tha insane jump start, when I realized I was fooled by that thing it was too late :cry:
Didn't go much bette then, thought thr Stop and Go was a DT and went through pits two times to clear the penalty ending up pretty much at the end of the field. After that it became a really fun event though. Some epic racing around P10 to P14 in the last 30 Minutes. Thanks to @akephoe, @Jens Roos, @RasmusP and whoever I forgot, enjoyed that a lot. Congrats to the aliens in front and big thanks for hosting @Ole Marius Myrvold!

20201030233300_1.jpg
20201030234611_1.jpg
20201030234525_1.jpg
20201030235318_1.jpg
20201030235121_1.jpg

then showed green way way before it actually was. Sorry for tha insane jump start, when I realized I was fooled by that thing it was too late :cry:

Something weird happened. I usually go by the sounds. And when all lights was on, there was a sound, but that was the typical "red light sound" and not "go". I almost went myself, and it looked like multiple people got a jump start!

i had a disconnect in the last lap, so couldn't finish.

The start was chaotic, as well the first laps.
It would be nice if people realize that, for example, this race was an 80 minutes race, not just one lap.
Some drive like crazy, crash here and there and if you are close you can't avoid a contact or heavy crash and suffer afterwards than damage and time loss.
Thats not rf2 style, its more like forza,
sorry to be a bit ... here, but this is notsimulation driving style, its more like forza or need for speed,

The close fight later in lap 9-10 with Jens, Rasmus and Michael was really fun and nice. On the straights i was to slow, result of some aero damage from the first laps.

Well that was pretty epic in every way. Thought that Simhub overlay was a great thing, loved it until this first online race. Fisrt showed race would be one hour instead of 1:20 which confused me, then showed green way way before it actually was. Sorry for tha insane jump start, when I realized I was fooled by that thing it was too late :cry:
Didn't go much bette then, thought thr Stop and Go was a DT and went through pits two times to clear the penalty ending up pretty much at the end of the field. After that it became a really fun event though. Some epic racing around P10 to P14 in the last 30 Minutes. Thanks to @akephoe, @Jens Roos, @RasmusP and whoever I forgot, enjoyed that a lot. Congrats to the aliens in front and big thanks for hosting @Ole Marius Myrvold!

View attachment 416794View attachment 416795View attachment 416797View attachment 416798View attachment 416799
Thanks mate! And nice Screenshots, I'm in there hehe :D

I'm normally kinda quick around the Nordschleife but this time hadn't started rF2 since May and for some reason my controls were all screwed.. Got it working with 1min of qualy left, did half a lap on my setup from May and was undrivable.. Physics update I guess..

Anyway during the race I got a super-start, dodged the T1 incidents and found myself in 7th place, lol!

I "fixed" the massive oversteer with too much understeer.. went off a few times, had to keep the throttle open though to not trigger the snap oversteer.
-> Drive Thru

Then pitstop without pit request button.. lost another few seconds...
For some reason the pit limiter switched off so the next lap I did a nice stop&go and found myself quite a few seconds behind you 3 guys.

Got focused, pushed like crazy and went 4.5s quicker that lap :barefoot:

Caught up with you guys battling each other but due to the darkness and me not having a lights button mapped, it was all just a brown mess in front of me :roflmao:

Then got some massive snap oversteer through the full-throttle section when getting too close to the Bentley...

While preparing for going for an overtake through the last corners, my chat was spammed with "Headlights are mandatory now!" so I pressed all buttons I could find... But nope, sadly nothing worked.

I finally hit a massive kerb and in real life, the driver would've probably been dead :whistling::x3:

Drove into the pits, sweating from the awesome battle!

Thanks guys for this last lap. That was really fun! :)

Last edited:
I had to leave the race because my performance was terrible. I've been fighting with rFactor for a while for this reason but never was so bad as tonight. My fps fall to 10 at the start of the race. Finally, after a lot of tests, I reinstalled the game and magically it works fine. I put 40 cars in Nords and it runs OK now.

i think I'm ready for the next races once and for all.

Really enjoyed that race, didnt think i would go as far up as p4, but i'll take it. Thanks to everyone that I raced with for a clean race (most of the time i was alone tho).

Looking forward to the next weeks race seeing it will be a LMP2/GTE race

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back