rF2 S397 GT3 @ Nordschleife (24h) - 80 Minute Race - Fri 15 May 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Does anyone know why my radiator was set at 50% in the setup screen but showed 100% in the pit/in car menu? I’m running the beta UI. Could explain my slow acceleration ( difference with McLaren was huge)

Radical Nordschleife.png

My first event here at RaceDepartment. Thank you Damian for organising this one.

Due to a house move and real world priorities, this was my first online race since 2018.

With a grid size approaching 40, I figured there'd be a mix of ability, so a top 20 finish was my goal. Qualifying just in the top 20, this looked achievable.

At the finish, I was just outside the top 10 in P11, having pitted as late as possible, for fuel only. Even though it's not the quickest car option, the Radical doesn't seem to burn as much fuel as some, so it was a quick stop, and I gained a few places there.

Enjoyable all the way. Awesome pace from the guys up front - Great Stuff! And all very clean at the start, well done everyone.

Having just returned, with a new PC. I've not yet installed any add-on Hud apps etc. I used to use the Fazerbox TrackMap one, but not sure if this would still be the best option. I know a lot of HUD types are down to personal opinion. Henri's looked great in his video. Which one would that be? Not that it'd find 20+ seconds per lap if I used it! ;).

Thanks again for the event. I'll check out the calendar for future options.

Thanks everyone for the race yesterday, it was a great event.
I arrived during Quali session, loaded too little fuel and couldn't complete two full laps.
Started in 32nd spot on the grid. I do like to start from the back. It's a nice challenge :)

Already at the end of the GP track I had gained 4/5 positions.
During the first lap, in the uphill section coming to the first carousel, an eager overtake attempt by a driver that soon after retired... took me for a spin. Back to almost last position again, with damaged suspension 5 minutes in, I decided to try and get to the end anyway.

So I did, despite my slower pace, finishing 18th in the end, collecting a few positions due to other's mistakes and not having to change tires during my pitstop. I could have perhaps gained a few more positions by loading less fuel than I did, but all in all, a very fun night.

These events are a lot of fun. I try to join as often as possible.
I think they could be even better if we all remembered that a long race is not won or lost during the first lap, and it's often better and safer for everyone involved to wait for a good spot to overtake rather than dive bomb at the first opportunity.

Looking forward to next time!

for those who want to drive S397 Nurburgring but with cut 1st track for timing : i found this and working (as said with original 397Track

Hope I wasn't too much of a nuisance to people behind me, I still struggle a fair bit once I get someone in my mirrors...
I know exactly what you mean, mate - I feel exactly the same way when I see another car in my mirrors... like I'm getting in the way, which is essentially what I was doing during the first couple of laps of yesterday's race. I had a train forming behind me. And then, all of a sudden, I started to feel the pressure and ended up making a mistake... as it always the case. I guess this is what happens when you're away from racing for so long (at least in my case). :unsure:

You've taken some great pictures! :inlove: If you've got anymore I would love to see them, especially any at dusk. :D

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 127 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 470 39.0%