rF2 S397 GT3 @ Montreal - Fri 16 April 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Intense race once again. I had good pace in the beginning and could follow the leaders, but couldnt get past everyone infront of me. Then somewhere in the middle of the race I missed my braking point for the last chicane and JUST missed a Ferrari, I think it was @Michael Rudolf, but as a result I ended up in pitlane. Trundled through on the limiter and JUST got out infront of another (white) Ferrari which was crucial. As the laps ticked by, more and more front runners disco'ed or quit and suddenly found myself in 2nd, but no matter what I did, I couldnt catch up. On the last lap I discovered a faster way through the chicane, but then its a little late...

Grats to @Magnus Dahlgren for an excellent win, you had some real pace in that Fezza! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Intense race once again. I had good pace in the beginning and could follow the leaders, but couldnt get past everyone infront of me. Then somewhere in the middle of the race I missed my braking point for the last chicane and JUST missed a Ferrari, I think it was @Michael Rudolf, but as a result I ended up in pitlane. Trundled through on the limiter and JUST got out infront of another (white) Ferrari which was crucial. As the laps ticked by, more and more front runners disco'ed or quit and suddenly found myself in 2nd, but no matter what I did, I couldnt catch up. On the last lap I discovered a faster way through the chicane, but then its a little late...

Grats to @Magnus Dahlgren for an excellent win, you had some real pace in that Fezza! :thumbsup:
Yep that was me, a bit scary seeing but great job avoiding me , thanks for that :thumbsup:

Yeah, sorry. I was looking at the dash thinking I was rocking quite some speed until I looked up and saw your Ferrari's arse come closer at a alarming pace! Knew within milliseconds that braking in time wasnt an option, so threw it left and hoped for the best. Total noobie mistake :O_o:

Yeah, sorry. I was looking at the dash thinking I was rocking quite some speed until I looked up and saw your Ferrari's arse come closer at a alarming pace! Knew within milliseconds that braking in time wasnt an option, so threw it left and hoped for the best. Total noobie mistake :O_o:
No worries mate, turns out I had a target on my rear today :roflmao:

GTE next weekend Ole? Keen to give the BMW a go and don't have anything else on I have to drive in for once :)

Uhm... When it hasn't been a SpeedyMite-week (also known as race-week in a certain endurance series), we've had really few GTE's lately. To the point that the two last non SpeedyMite-Invasion Endurance events ended up with one cancellation and one pure Protoype event.
I had thought of making it a pure Protoype event, a prototype-week even, as Denis is doing Gr.C on Thursday, I figured I could use the LMP3 on Sunday as well.

But listen, if you have an idea of a track that you think will be good with Proto and GTE, and you have a feeling that can bring in a GTE or 5. Shout out, and it's a good chance you'll get your wish (Excluding: Sebring, Nordschleife, Spa and Suzuka) :)

Uhm... When it hasn't been a SpeedyMite-week (also known as race-week in a certain endurance series), we've had really few GTE's lately. To the point that the two last non SpeedyMite-Invasion Endurance events ended up with one cancellation and one pure Protoype event.
I had thought of making it a pure Protoype event, a prototype-week even, as Denis is doing Gr.C on Thursday, I figured I could use the LMP3 on Sunday as well.

But listen, if you have an idea of a track that you think will be good with Proto and GTE, and you have a feeling that can bring in a GTE or 5. Shout out, and it's a good chance you'll get your wish (Excluding: Sebring, Nordschleife, Spa and Suzuka) :)
That's a shame to hear, would a gte only event get traction or probably not?

Done mosport recently? Or road America?

Red bull ring is a big go to of mine (but not sure if the version is rd'able.

But definitely go with whatever works for you guys to get most interest, the LMP3 is arguably the greatest car in RF2. We've previously run a version with a bit extra hp and allowed in game traction control to match 2020 specs, it actually made for a really good combo with the gt3 - emulating the michelin le man cup.

That's a shame to hear, would a gte only event get traction or probably not?

Done mosport recently? Or road America?

Red bull ring is a big go to of mine (but not sure if the version is rd'able.

But definitely go with whatever works for you guys to get most interest, the LMP3 is arguably the greatest car in RF2. We've previously run a version with a bit extra hp and allowed in game traction control to match 2020 specs, it actually made for a really good combo with the gt3 - emulating the michelin le man cup.

I think that would too similar to the GT3-fridays. That's at least my theory, that people want to drive the Prototypes as that's a bit of change from the normal GT-stuff.

I actually haven't done Mosport at all since I took over the non-historic rF2 club in August. So that's certainly a good shout! We had a Road America-week in October IIRC. Aussies, Denis and me all used Road America that week.

It's the RaceRfactor-version right? That's not rd'able no.
LMP3 would be for Short-Track Sunday next week, not Friday :) I do hope for some more mods to be released soon-ish, so one can do some other fun combos. I hope the ByKolles drives nicely, it seems like the LMP1-Ginetta wasn't popular.

But S397 Endurance at Mosport? Sounds like a deal! Have to check the night-conditions there before deciding the time scale for the race first I guess :)

I think that would too similar to the GT3-fridays. That's at least my theory, that people want to drive the Prototypes as that's a bit of change from the normal GT-stuff.

I actually haven't done Mosport at all since I took over the non-historic rF2 club in August. So that's certainly a good shout! We had a Road America-week in October IIRC. Aussies, Denis and me all used Road America that week.

It's the RaceRfactor-version right? That's not rd'able no.
LMP3 would be for Short-Track Sunday next week, not Friday :) I do hope for some more mods to be released soon-ish, so one can do some other fun combos. I hope the ByKolles drives nicely, it seems like the LMP1-Ginetta wasn't popular.

But S397 Endurance at Mosport? Sounds like a deal! Have to check the night-conditions there before deciding the time scale for the race first I guess :)
Alright cool! Sign me up :roflmao:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 360 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing