rF2 S397 GT3 @ Interlagos - Fri 27 Mar 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Really enjoyed that again tonight. Did a bit of race practise today, but the first time i did a low-fuel qualie run was in qualifying. Did one of my best ever laps and couldn't get close to it again! (vid below)

The race was pretty intense, as @Cameron Sansano was close behind for a few laps, then he must've had an issue as @Marco Antonio Rodriguez moved up to second. I was taking it easy by this point, but noticed Marco bringing the gap down, so i had to re-focus and pick the pace back up. (which is hard when you're in a rhythm)

Thanks again @Daiman Patel , and cheers all for a nice race.

It will always be a pleasure to run among knights, no matter the position in wich you reach the goal, knowing that there is no agression or hitting; on the contrary, gentlemen, generous and wanting fun over all. Always.
Today I was victim of my fanatec mclaren gt3 steering wheel. Suddenly my gearbox went from 4 to 1 and sometimes from 3 to 6. But what was really important was having a very pleasant and fun time. See you guys next time.

Really enjoyed that again tonight. Did a bit of race practise today, but the first time i did a low-fuel qualie run was in qualifying. Did one of my best ever laps and couldn't get close to it again! (vid below)
That was an epic lap mate. Do you have the full onboard video too? I'd love to learn to from it and see where I'm leaving time on the table.

Hi Guys, enjoyed the race last night, sorry about taking some people out aswell :( i had a lot of instability on the back of the McLaren. Do we know what the next round will be so i can get some setup done

Hi Guys, enjoyed the race last night, sorry about taking some people out aswell :( i had a lot of instability on the back of the McLaren. Do we know what the next round will be so i can get some setup done

try softening your rear springs and/or anti roll bar. Stiffening up the front will also help.

Today I was victim of my fanatec mclaren gt3 steering wheel. Suddenly my gearbox went from 4 to 1 and sometimes from 3 to 6. But what was really important was having a very pleasant and fun time. See you guys next time.

I have the mclaren gt3 wheel also and seemed to get a few multishifts when practicing (haven't had that problem recently). If you havent tried this earlier, go into your player.json file and adjust the "Repeat Shifts" parameter down to see if it helps. I hope my paddle switches aren't going bad.

After that punt I had to push my way forward again from 24th-ish, and ended up just 0,7 seconds behind Magnus in the fight for 7th in the end. If I only had one more lap to put pressure on the swede :whistling:

That was a pretty good recovery drive! I lost a lot of places on the first lap but you got by me and I really had no chance to catch up with you. I'm impressed since it looked like your race lap times were as fast/faster than your qualifying time.

After my adventure in lap 1 that knocked me down to 24th place, I worked my way back up to mid pack, tried to get past Jose at the end but I wasted my tires too much pushing to get back into things. Think my real accomplishment was only being 1s slower than Ross' qualifying time :)

try softening your rear springs and/or anti roll bar. Stiffening up the front will also help.

One of these days I will figure out how to setup a car. Weird thing for me is that I had to up the rear ARB on the McLaren. At lower ARB the back end seems to wallow, not follow the front and then I lose the back end when going to throttle. Maybe it comes down to driving style, dunno.

Need to watch the replay and see if I can get some tips from Ross/others. I tried the Aston Martin, but just wasn't as fast as the McLaren. Noticed that Ross was going into some corners in 3rd where I had to drop it into 2nd

That was a pretty good recovery drive! I lost a lot of places on the first lap but you got by me and I really had no chance to catch up with you. I'm impressed since it looked like your race lap times were as fast/faster than your qualifying time.

I always start sessions with a full tank of fuel in these cars, since I rarely get the time to practice in the week leading up to the race. So there is no wonder my lap times get better in the race, as I 1- get more tracktime and therefore get to know braking points etc better, and 2 get less fuel in the car, thus making it lighter :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 485 39.0%