rF2 S397 GT3 @ Ibarra - Friday 12 April 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Sorry Craig, but unfortunately I won't be on track tonight, suddenly Steam doesn't recognize rF2. Funny that all the info is still in the folders. I don't know what happened. Have fun!.
I am sorry my friend I can not help you, maybe @Daiman Patel may be able to shed some light?
Sorry, I'm not sure what the problem could be in this case. It sounds very strange indeed. :O_o: Have you tried verifying the integrity of the files / cache for rFactor 2 via Steam, if possible?

What exactly is the problem? Do you see an error message or something, or does the game just fail to load?

Have you checked the Studio 397 forums to see if anybody else has reported the problem, or have you reported it yourself? If not, and my suggestion does not work, then I would recommend posting a message in their forums and contacting either Marcel or Chris Elliott who may be able to provide you assistance.

I'm sorry that I cannot be more helpful. :unsure:

Sorry, I'm not sure what the problem could be in this case. It sounds very strange indeed. :O_o: Have you tried verifying the integrity of the files / cache for rFactor 2 via Steam, if possible?

What exactly is the problem? Do you see an error message or something, or does the game just fail to load?

Have you checked the Studio 397 forums to see if anybody else has reported the problem, or have you reported it yourself? If not, and my suggestion does not work, then I would recommend posting a message in their forums and contacting either Marcel or Chris Elliott who may be able to provide you assistance.

I'm sorry that I cannot be more helpful. :unsure:

This afternoon Steam asked me for the password (kind of automatic reboot) and it went well. Next time I tried rF2 it was not installed, although all the files where properly stored in the Steam/blablabla/rFactor 2 folder. All Steam let me do now is "Install rF2", there is no way to perform a "verifying the integrity" because rFactor 2 is grey out in the Steam games folder.
I tried this but did't work: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8379-RYIP-2998&l=english, the folder is present and can't be deleted. Then I tried to repair the folder but it also didn't fix the issue..
Thank you very much for your help.

This afternoon Steam asked me for the password (kind of automatic reboot) and it went well. Next time I tried rF2 it was not installed, although all the files where properly stored in the Steam/blablabla/rFactor 2 folder. All Steam let me do now is "Install rF2", there is no way to perform a "verifying the integrity" because rFactor 2 is grey out in the Steam games folder.
I tried this but did't work: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8379-RYIP-2998&l=english, the folder is present and can't be deleted. Then I tried to repair the folder but it also didn't fix the issue..
Thank you very much for your help.
Hmmm… that's very weird! I would have expected the solution provided in the support article to work. :O_o: Maybe give it another go, and if it still does not work then post a message in the Studio 397 forums. I hope that you are able to find an explanation and solution soon, and apologies again for not being more helpful.

Sorry I bailed but wasn't enjoying it tonight at all, thinking I might bail for tomorrow too. Just don't see this track being much fun with LMP and GTE's.

I have just been halted ..a few laps before the end, it says engine :( I kinda agree with you Paul, I also found the track a bit boring. Yes there will be issues with Multiclass I agree.

Thinking of changing next week's track? that is even more twisty and boring, out of the recent pack release I love Imola, yes there is VIR, but we have been using that track (mod) for sometime, the mod version is also a very good version, so not really excited about that one.

Many congrads to the podiums :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: and all those that finished :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: ..sadly my engine let me down.

Hope to see you all next week ...I am thinking hard about changing the track.

Well done to the podiums, especially Pauli who again was on another planet.

After having a good qualification and start had to bail in the end after completely loosing it on T2 26 or so laps in, partly because I followed Steve off track but in reality the tyres were absolute toast, looks like i only had pace in the first 10 laps and that was it.
Tried to carry on but had no control at all, then pitted to get new tyres then got a stop go penalty again and that was enough for me.
Looks like I need to change the way I practice. Probably running too aggressive / soft a setup or going too tight on that sweeping RH turn every lap cooking the tyres. I don't know. At a loss as I practiced quite a bit for this one.

rFactor 2 looks amazing transitioning to night though, even get the sun reflecting in the mirrors.

LMP2 tomorrow is going to be a game of absolute patience lapping the field here.

I can see this is a really nice track for slower classes however.

The middle parts of the track do give Nordschleife vibes when you are awarded for using every inch of track including the kerbs and thinking two or three corners ahead.

I like this track, even though I somehow prefer the reverse version a lot more, but I just couldn't find it very enjoyable with these cars (and pretty much the same with the Endurance cars). One of the reasons I skipped tonight's race, though far from the only one.

I've always enjoyed this track greatly with the Caterhams in AMS. As for Guapore, which I assume is the track considered for next week, I found it great fun in the F-Vee, and we also had some great races there in AMS with the Copa Fusca and the lot I believe. Can't really see it working all that well with GT cars either, but then again I wouldn't dare to suggest my opinion holds much weight in this regard.

(And I really, really just want to reiterate this is not complaining in the slightest, it's just commenting on the track.)

I have just done around 20 laps of Guapore and as Martin has mentioned above, great track but not really suitable for GT3, lesser powered cars great. In light of this, I am going to change the track for next week, I hope nobody is to disappointed? I am just trying to bring the best possible combinations for you guys.

Hmmm… that's very weird! I would have expected the solution provided in the support article to work. :O_o: Maybe give it another go, and if it still does not work then post a message in the Studio 397 forums. I hope that you are able to find an explanation and solution soon, and apologies again for not being more helpful.

I could finally fix it. Steam ended up forcing me to (re)install rFactor 2, all the previous advice given by them didn't work at all. After clicking "Install" it shown "Discovering existing files for rFactor 2" and then "Validating (rFactor 2)" in the Steam Downloads page. After a while it changed to "Ready" and could fire up the Launcher.
Yes it was weird, the issue came from out of the blue, I mean, it turned up itself, no changes were done from my side.
Thank you very much guys for your help. Have a nice weekend.

I could finally fix it. Steam ended up forcing me to (re)install rFactor 2, all the previous advice given by them didn't work at all. After clicking "Install" it shown "Discovering existing files for rFactor 2" and then "Validating (rFactor 2)" in the Steam Downloads page. After a while it changed to "Ready" and could fire up the Launcher.
Yes it was weird, the issue came from out of the blue, I mean, it turned up itself, no changes were done from my side.
Thank you very much guys for your help. Have a nice weekend.
I'm glad to hear that you managed to fix the problem! :thumbsup: Simple solution in the end, but very strange and a nuisance - let's hope it does not happen again.

I hope you enjoy your weekend too mate! :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back