rF2 S397 GT3 @ Hockenheimring - Friday 18 Jan 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Tested a few of the other cars, my favourite is the 650s. I am only a couple of seconds slower than the times I have seen in that rather than 4 and definitely more consistent.

The only downside to the mclaren is no rear view which is tough in VR, other cars either have a rear view mirror or a camera.

I guess i’ll Have to pretend at being a good racing driver! Haha

CTD 9 times out of 10 tonight when clicking on Race when online though no problems offline so probably won't manage to race tomorrow
Sounds like the shaders problem from a couple weeks ago. try turning shadows off. there is a fix/work around, in a thread on S397 forum. :)

Have you ensured that all of the cars are up-to-date following the release of the latest updates over the past two days? Do you see any error messages when trying to connect to the server? Does the game load (i.e. can you drive) in single player mode?

All cars updated. I don't see any error messages. I can't drive, because when I join the server there's message in a chat: Connection lost. Single player works perfectly. I turned off firewall. It didn't help.

All cars updated. I don't see any error messages. I can't drive, because when I join the server there's message in a chat: Connection lost. Single player works perfectly. I turned off firewall. It didn't help.
Hmmm, very strange… :O_o: Can you successfully connect to any of the other RaceDepartment servers, or any of the other rFactor 2 servers for that matter? Have you got logging enabled? A trace file might be helpful in this situation.

Hmmm, very strange… :O_o: Can you successfully connect to any of the other RaceDepartment servers, or any of the other rFactor 2 servers for that matter? Have you got logging enabled? A trace file might be helpful in this situation.

I checked other RD servers and rFactor 2 servers and I can't connect to them. Where I can find the information about logging? And where I can find trace file? I'm sorry, but I don't know where should I find it.

I checked other RD servers and rFactor 2 servers and I can't connect to them. Where I can find the information about logging? And where I can find trace file? I'm sorry, but I don't know where should I find it.
You can enable tracing by entering "trace=2" into the command line parameters field via the 'Settings' menu in the rFactor 2 Launcher - you will have to set this value for all of the modes in which you would like to enable tracing. You will then be able to find the trace file(s) in the '<rF2_install_dir>\User Data\Log' directory. Feel free to upload it here, and we can take a look. If we cannot help then you can upload it in the Studio 397 forums where you will probably receive better technical support. :)

Here's what I've got.
Unfortunately there's nothing in there that stands out to me... :unsure: Sorry, I cannot remember if you have already said - does the game load in single player mode? Also, have you tried the suggestion made by Denis to disable shadows? And finally, do you happen to have a 'd3d9.dll' file in the Bin32 or Bin64 folders of your rFactor 2 install directory? If so then you should delete this file.

If you still have no joy then I would recommend reporting this issue in the Studio 397 forums, and including your trace file. Somebody there might have a better idea about what is potentially going on.

Apologies I cannot be more helpful. :(

Unfortunately there's nothing in there that stands out to me... :unsure: Sorry, I cannot remember if you have already said - does the game load in single player mode? Also, have you tried the suggestion made by Denis to disable shadows? And finally, do you happen to have a 'd3d9.dll' file in the Bin32 or Bin64 folders of your rFactor 2 install directory? If so then you should delete this file.

If you still have no joy then I would recommend reporting this issue in the Studio 397 forums, and including your trace file. Somebody there might have a better idea about what is potentially going on.

Apologies I cannot be more helpful. :(

The single player works fine. And I turned off shadows as Denis suggested. It didn't help. I'll see if I have this file.
No problem Daiman. Thank you for donating your precious free time by helping me. It is very much appreciated.

EDIT
I didn't find 'd3d9.dll' file in these folders.

Last edited:
The single player works fine. And I turned off shadows as Denis suggested. It didn't help. I'll see if I have this file.
No problem Daiman. Thank you for donating your precious free time by helping me. It is very much appreciated.

EDIT
I didn't find 'd3d9.dll' file in these folders.
I hope you manage to find a solution mate. :thumbsup: I'm sorry to hear that our suggestions have not worked. :unsure:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 360 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 501 39.0%