rF2 S397 GT3 @ Hockenheimring - Fri 01 May 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Nice race guys. This track seemed to be so harmless.. Then when up to speed, shredded tyres and close to others it became really tricky.. T1 wanted to kill you, downforce loss when braking behind someone towards the hairpin was frightening and the 90° right kink wanted to kill me every lap.

@Magnus Dahlgren I watched the replay and I'm very sorry for the Lap 1 incident. From my view I thought you would've seen me and drove into my side although I was on the edge of the outside kerb, trying to rejoin.
Watching your onboard shows that I was invisible to you so I'm 100% to blame for that.
I was trying to remember the name and the car that I hit and while I was thinking of waiting, I spun so I took that as "waiting" hehe.

Turns out you were right behind me after the spin but luckily George pushed my wide at T2 and when I remembered your car livery in my mirrors I happily let you pass me without defending.

We had some nice battles after that. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did :)

Sorry about that Rasmus. I left the SIM on with wheel active for about an hour while I waited for my take away to arrive.
When I fired it up the wheel CSW V2.5 felt like a bag of spanners and I was worried I might damage it if I continued. Rebooted everything. Launched iRacing and came 1st in a BMW 12.O. Lol

sorry to leave @Daiman Patel but somebody hit me when it's blue flag for me even I gave him space on the left side but still hit me behind..nevermind..there were also fps issues because of some reason I didnt understand..It's ok see u next time

@blu3sm4n Hi! It was me who participated in that incident. Sorry for that: I made a really bad exit and wanted to get some draft to pass you more confidently. Not an entirely necessary move, but justified, I guess. I felt confident getting close as your car did not appear bouncing around or anything. But network somehow screwed things over.
Check the replay from my perspective.

In any case, sorry for spoiling the experience for you. Hope to see you in the next race.

but what is doing R. Müller at 57:08 min with me?? No sorry for that Mr. Müller?
Normally you should PM him about it and not blame him in the race thread. I'll reply this time though, can't resist since it's something I frequently see happening in club racing so maybe good for others to see :)

Not sure what you were expecting to happen there. From your video fov I can see on the video Mr. Müller had a better exit at the last corner, came close in the mirror, went to the right, disappeared from the mirror (so he's alongside you, how far I can't see, which is why I always use the 3 mirrors) and then you turn in right to the apex, expecting him to completely back off.

Might be a normal thing to cut off people like that in real racing with trained professionals who know exactly how far alongside they are to each other and where they are battling for money but for a club race I'm not sure that this should be a normal thing to do.

Here's the overlap in the braking zone from the replay:

I'd suggest you go into the replay and watch the onboard perspective from R. Müller. I just did and from his view with FOV of 49 it looks like you'd be completely side by side and you just ram into his side...
1588414529775.png

hope you don't take my post too negatively, sorry if I might sound a bit harsh.
Wanted to send you the results anyway but sadly it's forbidden in the race threads due to it being "too competitive for club racing" according to... the rules..

btw you should have the result files too. Afaik rF2 stores them automatically:

\\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\Log\Results

drag and drop into the home tab of simresults and done

VR is really awesome for immersion, you cant go back when tested once... In m'y opinion...
If any others rift S users are here, I would appreciate your specs shared ans setup for rf2 as I encountered slow FPS on this race but not on VIR last Time...

Normally you should PM him about it and not blame him in the race thread. I'll reply this time though, can't resist since it's something I frequently see happening in club racing so maybe good for others to see :)

Not sure what you were expecting to happen there. From your video fov I can see on the video Mr. Müller had a better exit at the last corner, came close in the mirror, went to the right, disappeared from the mirror (so he's alongside you, how far I can't see, which is why I always use the 3 mirrors) and then you turn in right to the apex, expecting him to completely back off.

Might be a normal thing to cut off people like that in real racing with trained professionals who know exactly how far alongside they are to each other and where they are battling for money but for a club race I'm not sure that this should be a normal thing to do.

Here's the overlap in the braking zone from the replay:

I'd suggest you go into the replay and watch the onboard perspective from R. Müller. I just did and from his view with FOV of 49 it looks like you'd be completely side by side and you just ram into his side...
View attachment 368591

hope you don't take my post too negatively, sorry if I might sound a bit harsh.
Wanted to send you the results anyway but sadly it's forbidden in the race threads due to it being "too competitive for club racing" according to... the rules..

btw you should have the result files too. Afaik rF2 stores them automatically:

\\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\Log\Results

drag and drop into the home tab of simresults and done

no no, its good to know the opinion of others. and yes, you are right that i wrote here was not the common way. also much thanks for the tips for log results - i know all the opportunities with the rFla and simresutls and all the other stuff. the question, was rather a subtle hint that communities could also provide something centrally and not everyone has to do their own evaluation. its the standard in all other communities who i'm driving, and they are free ;)) but anyway - its okay for me and thats the reason thats why i'm here.

now for the situation from my eyes:
your analysis is right up to the corner completely correct. he got out of the last corner better and was almost at my height. and now the point comes. unfortunately only almost at my height. I was in front of him at all times and therefore it is my corner and my line that he closed. if he had been in front of me it would be my mistake - in any case yes. but that was not ..

but anyway there are too much words for those little fun events. ;)
big thanks to you, that you try to analyze the situation and give your feedback here.
in and after the race the blood pressure is always a little higher than normal so sorry that i raised the situation here in the thread. ;)

great fun and great race guys here.
only analyzing / results stuff could be a little better for a payed community ...

so keep (fun) racing!

also big thanks for your feedback rasmus! :thumbsup:

VR is really awesome for immersion, you cant go back when tested once... In m'y opinion...
If any others rift S users are here, I would appreciate your specs shared ans setup for rf2 as I encountered slow FPS on this race but not on VIR last Time...

indeed it is impossible to go back and estimate same speed and lap times...
have tried it couple of times, believe me ;)
in my current setup i'm very happy (since yesterday) :D
but i have sometimes problems who f*** me up with VR and OBS streaming and so on...

but if you want to avoid instable fps, just use Oculus Debug Tool and enable AWS to guarantee stable FPS (feeling). https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/native/pc/dg-debug-tool/

cheers
knut

So annoyed with myself, had a good qually, made a move for 2nd at the start of the and my car felt like it was magnatised to the current p2 car i was turning right and my wheel was pulling left, ended up in the wall with damage :( i was running hard tyres and doing 1,40/ 1,41 on full race fuel in practice, so was hopeing for a top 10 finish.

Also on the vr note, some cars onthat track were only appearing when i was within a few meters of them, which made the recovery drive difficult, then blew the engine with rage .. arrrgghh

no no, its good to know the opinion of others. and yes, you are right that i wrote here was not the common way. also much thanks for the tips for log results - i know all the opportunities with the rFla and simresutls and all the other stuff. the question, was rather a subtle hint that communities could also provide something centrally and not everyone has to do their own evaluation. its the standard in all other communities who i'm driving, and they are free ;)) but anyway - its okay for me and thats the reason thats why i'm here.

now for the situation from my eyes:
your analysis is right up to the corner completely correct. he got out of the last corner better and was almost at my height. and now the point comes. unfortunately only almost at my height. I was in front of him at all times and therefore it is my corner and my line that he closed. if he had been in front of me it would be my mistake - in any case yes. but that was not ..

but anyway there are too much words for those little fun events. ;)
big thanks to you, that you try to analyze the situation and give your feedback here.
in and after the race the blood pressure is always a little higher than normal so sorry that i raised the situation here in the thread. ;)

great fun and great race guys here.
only analyzing / results stuff could be a little better for a payed community ...

so keep (fun) racing!

also big thanks for your feedback rasmus! :thumbsup:
Absolutely agree about the results. There are a lot of people who would like to have this and enough people who would like to set it up.
But overall RD doesn't want that, sadly. Same as lap times.
Imo I'd rather sign up as a new guy knowing what I'd get in instead of jumping into unknown weather...

About the incident:
The rule is front wheels next to rear wheels. Then both cars have to leave space and go side by side or yield but there's no "owning the corner" as soon as front and rear wheels overlap.

Here's a link to what's pretty much the rules in all clubs and real races as far as my knowledge goes:

It's actually "halfway alongside" but with most car designs it comes down to the front wheels being just slightly ahead of the rear wheels.

Sadly in F1 this frontwheels/rearwheels overlap got thrown away... Same as the leaving space rule in 2019.
Just ram the outside car off the track, battles lasting one corner are so much fun to watch.. Not!

But anyway, no matter what the rules are:
I would never, never never ever go for an overtake into T1, Hockenheim with a slidey car that's so in the limit like a gt3.

So I totally understand why you didn't even think about leaving space. Leaving space there would've meant going extremely wide and losing over a second due to it.
Covering the inside to defend would've meant having to brake massively to make it through the turn so that's also nearly impossible.

Last edited:
So annoyed with myself, had a good qually, made a move for 2nd at the start of the and my car felt like it was magnatised to the current p2 car i was turning right and my wheel was pulling left, ended up in the wall with damage :( i was running hard tyres and doing 1,40/ 1,41 on full race fuel in practice, so was hopeing for a top 10 finish.

Also on the vr note, some cars onthat track were only appearing when i was within a few meters of them, which made the recovery drive difficult, then blew the engine with rage .. arrrgghh
My general advice:
Run softs all the way. Afaik nobody runs mediums or hard tyres in VEC.
They are slower than what the better durability can gain. Soft tyres hold up quite nicely for a full tank!

What do you have the "visible vehicles" set to in the options? Maybe it were too many or too few?
I have it on 17 which works pretty well. Only looks a bit weird when starting from the back of the field without the leaders visible and popping in...

@blu3sm4n Hi! It was me who participated in that incident. Sorry for that: I made a really bad exit and wanted to get some draft to pass you more confidently. Not an entirely necessary move, but justified, I guess. I felt confident getting close as your car did not appear bouncing around or anything. But network somehow screwed things over.
Check the replay from my perspective.

In any case, sorry for spoiling the experience for you. Hope to see you in the next race.

thanks for reply and replay :) it seems that happened because of the fps issue. so as I wrote before. no worries mate, it's ok..see u next time :thumbsup:

That rule is for F1 tho... like blue flags they are diffrent depending on championships.

The the uk, the msa bluebook (rule book) for blue flags for example, is the slower, generally less experienced driver stays to the racing line the faster more experienced driver should be able to pass safely knowing what line the lapped car is going to be on.

Again im pretty sure in imsa, you cant move across to block someone passing you.

That is kinda the problem with sim racing, everyone interprets the rules differently, depending on what championship they follow on tv.

I think we have to accept a bit of bumping and barging, aslong as its not deliberate.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 149 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%