rF2 S397 GT3 @ Dubai - Fri 02 April 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Had a gmotor2 error 2 minutes before qually and had to hard reset only to find out the game wanted to update right that second. It delayed my re-entry on to the server by 5 minutes but in the end it didnt matter as I had plenty of time to set a lap.
Had nothing for David, that was some pace mate! Also had to serve two DT, one for cutting and one for speeding in pitlane :poop:. Could have been a win without dammit!
Great track layout, never driven on it before. Unfortunately with the middle eastern/Tilke wibe of miles of runoff and a constant flirt with track limits.

Last edited:
Had a gmotor2 error 2 minutes before qually and had to hard reset only to find out the game wanted to update right that second.

Great track layout, never driven on it before. Unfortunately with the middle eastern/Tilke wibe of miles of runoff and a constant flirt with track limits.

You and many others, damn it was a lot of issues tonight. No idea why.

Yup, great track, but you are right with the tarmac-heaven that new tracks are. However,the ones that have made the track have spent a lot of time with making things outside the track, so it looks brilliant in the night! I didn't expect it to be this dark, but it made for a nice experience :)

Yep, looked great at night! But your comment in the chat right before the race made me laugh:

'it may be slightly dark!'

20 minutes later: pitch black.

:D

I must admit that I hadn't tested the different times. Usually I test the tracks at different half-hours to determine when to start and what speed the time should have to have it be a bit transition.

I knew it worked well at Road Atlanta 2 weeks ago. I just didn't think about where in the world the track is placed, and the track makers had of course done it correctly, which meant sunset came a lot earlier than in North America :p Oups.

Racing at night was really a experience, pretty awesome some tracks and the way its recreated on rF2. Had amazing fun with you guys, sad I made a mistake in the last part getting a DT preventing me to fight for the race. Thanks @Ole Marius Myrvold as always for making this possible. Can’t wait for the next one. Cheers

@Daniel Nieto any reason your pace dropped after lap 10? It seems like you were catching up at first? Could have been a nice battle
[/QUOTE
Oh Yes mate! Was trying really hard to catch you and I half spun at the S before that peralted corner, messing up the tires and getting a DT there.. It was a really entertaining challenge mate until that moment, also think It could be a beautifull battle, so hope to learn for the next one ;)

Hi @Jasje, do you mind if I enquire as to which HUD you are using in the vid? I picked up rF2 a few weeks ago whilst it was on sale, but hadn't really found the time to properly get to grips with it until recently. I'm a little stuck finding a HUD that works well for me in VR. The one you were using seems to be fairly low down which I think would suit me. Also, is the delta bar part of the HUD or a separate plugin? I found something called deltabest, but unfortunately have not got it to work yet

EDIT: think I may have found it... but just to double check, is this it? https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1462927558&searchtext=hud

Last edited:
Hi @Jasje, do you mind if I enquire as to which HUD you are using in the vid? I picked up rF2 a few weeks ago whilst it was on sale, but hadn't really found the time to properly get to grips with it until recently. I'm a little stuck finding a HUD that works well for me in VR. The one you were using seems to be fairly low down which I think would suit me. Also, is the delta bar part of the HUD or a separate plugin? I found something called deltabest, but unfortunately have not got it to work yet

EDIT: think I may have found it... but just to double check, is this it? https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1462927558&searchtext=hud
Jup, that’s it!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 133 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.0%
  • < 5 years