rF2 S397 GT3 @ Adria International Raceway - Fri 18 Dec 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Unfortunately the highlights are one-sided and from my perspective. Its my simming diary if you wish.
But checking the replay, the race was awesome across the field. Everyone with a story to tell.
I rushed this video to the top of the list of about 6!
Because Ole's sportsmanship has to be highlighted.
FYI I come from iRacing a few months ago which was toxic on and off the track.
So this is like heaven.

Gentlemen

That was a great race, fully cool experience. Hope this video shows my appreciation,
Cannot wait for the next one!
Thank You.

I was in the yellow porsche just behind you - funny to see your virtual self on YouTube. You were absolutely right, it was very important for your race to be in front of me :D
I'm trying the Porsche out, and I'm really struggling with it...

Some friendly feedback on the video.
There were alot of stuttering in the video, except when you were in cockpit view, otherwise quite enjoyable :thumbsup:

And welcome to the most non-toxic environment where people actually share setups and answer questions on chat - mostly ;)

Thanks for the feedback Herlev. Still very new at this video thing for fun really, but for sure will check the stutter always looking to improve.

do RD have rF2 gtr3 league or GTE ?

Nope. The amount of extra work needed for a league is something that isn't interesting for now. Both me and @Daiman Patel (who is Mr. rF2 techy-guy at RD) ran leagues a couple of years back. For both of us it was so much work that we ended up losing all love for simracing.
Personally I ran a DiRT Rally league, which in all honesty was quite successful, but I have never touched DiRT Rally since.

We never know what the future brings, but right now, we'll keep doing club-races and nothing more complicated than that :)

I miss that :(

I kinda do too. Or, I miss the feeling that I got when I realized the reaction we got to the magazine was positive. I do not miss putting in 30-40 hours of work before every event (way more than that before the announcement and first event). The way we were able to change the rules to accommodate over 400 entries, and how we were able to re-program our apps to allow multi-platform and html-output on results were very gratifying.
But ye. I guess I put in somewhere between 260 and 320 hours between December and April. Then add in the hours Michael spent on making the apps for results, multi-platform, entry list and two different outputs, one for webpage and one for magazine. Also add in Jack's hours of making all the graphics for the season, from the number-plates, to round&post headers, and not at least he designed, and put all the magazines together, making my articles look good!
In Norway, if you have a 100% job, you work 162.5 hours a month. So on average I added a 50% job by doing RDRC, and I think that the three of us together went way over a full-time job in workhours combined.

Of course, some of the "problem" with this, and I know this also goes for @Daiman Patel , but I don't want to do anything again, if I know it's not going to be just as good - if not better than the last time.

There might be some additional hurdles that I can't share as well, but what I mentioned here is the main obstacle. While it's really fun when it comes together, I might've underestimated the workload last time out.

EDIT: I've actually never added the hours before. I've always thought 30-40 hours on average for each event. When I add it, it's no wonder why it felt like a lot when the season was finished!

Last edited:
I am told simracing.gp will simplify league racing admin etc.
I know Assetto Corsa works a treat on there

It will! I am just curious to what extent, as I know Daiman spent a lot of time optimizing tracks and server settings in RDLMS. This and testing for all eventualities will still be needed even with simracing.gp.
This is more an rF2-thing though. As rF2 sadly isn't as plug and play as one might would've liked.

When I worked at Dubai Autodrome we ran race series and events, and the stuff that goes on behind the scenes ios mind boggling. Admin etc. Once you have a championship, you have stewards, you have protests, appeals, clerk of the course etc. Its a helluva thing. Thats why always huge respect to folks who admin series real or virtual, same thing. Especially when stuff is at stake.

I kinda do too. Or, I miss the feeling that I got when I realized the reaction we got to the magazine was positive. I do not miss putting in 30-40 hours of work before every event (way more than that before the announcement and first event). The way we were able to change the rules to accommodate over 400 entries, and how we were able to re-program our apps to allow multi-platform and html-output on results were very gratifying.
But ye. I guess I put in somewhere between 260 and 320 hours between December and April. Then add in the hours Michael spent on making the apps for results, multi-platform, entry list and two different outputs, one for webpage and one for magazine. Also add in Jack's hours of making all the graphics for the season, from the number-plates, to round&post headers, and not at least he designed, and put all the magazines together, making my articles look good!
In Norway, if you have a 100% job, you work 162.5 hours a month. So on average I added a 50% job by doing RDRC, and I think that the three of us together went way over a full-time job in workhours combined.

Of course, some of the "problem" with this, and I know this also goes for @Daiman Patel , but I don't want to do anything again, if I know it's not going to be just as good - if not better than the last time.

There might be some additional hurdles that I can't share as well, but what I mentioned here is the main obstacle. While it's really fun when it comes together, I might've underestimated the workload last time out.

EDIT: I've actually never added the hours before. I've always thought 30-40 hours on average for each event. When I add it, it's no wonder why it felt like a lot when the season was finished!
RDRC was a colossal undertaking, but it was rewarded with the biggest number of entries I've ever seen in one single championship. While I wish something that huge could be done again, I fully understand noone wanting to spend a full time job in hours doing it. Do you still have the from-the-ground-up stuff you had to make to accommodate all those drivers? If so, could it be used to handle a much smaller championship at something like 30 drivers in one single class on one platform? I'm just wishing out loud here.

Last edited:
RDRC was a colossal undertaking, but it was rewarded with the biggest number of entries I've ever seen in one single championship. While I wish something that huge could be done again, I fully understand noone wanting to spend a full time job in hours doing it. Do you still have the from-the-ground-up stuff you had to make to accommodate all those drivers? If so, could it be used to handle a much smaller championship at something like 30 drivers in one single class? I'm just wishing out load here.

If I'll do something RDRC again, it will be in the same style :)
We have worked a bit on the app in 2020. (and this time it's actually "we" as I've done some light changes to the coding as well), so we have all the technical stuff working with DR2.0. There is/was some hurdles we haven't been able to clear though. Which have made us put it all on hold.

Yeah I think I know what those hurdles were/are which is a shame. Use DR1 perhaps? Its been so long nobody remembers the stages anymore :p

No need :) DR2 is better than DR1, and we have zero problems with DR2 when it comes to hosting, results or anything. We would still need to run multiple sessions in DR2 as you can only have 1 class per rally. But in DR1 we will need multiple sessions as you can only have 1 platform per rally. It's the same.
Also, we know what classes to use to have a chance to have custom liveries for everyone :) When it comes to all techy bits, both in terms of game and results - things are working like they should.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back