rF2 S397 GT3 @ Adria International Raceway - Fri 12 Nov 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I've just worked out why sign-ups are low for this one

It clashes perfectly with F1 qualifying. This is a Sprint Race weekend, so qualifying is on a Friday, and it starts at the exact same time as this practice session does. @Ole Marius Myrvold, could we put the start time of this event back by an hour so we can join the practice session after the F1?

I've just worked out why sign-ups are low for this one

It clashes perfectly with F1 qualifying. This is a Sprint Race weekend, so qualifying is on a Friday, and it starts at the exact same time as this practice session does. @Ole Marius Myrvold, could we put the start time of this event back by an hour so we can join the practice session after the F1?

Ah. #WeRaceForHighestBidders
Well, too late now to change it around. I should've thought about it, but all I am thinking of these days are the sold out FIFA World Cup Qualifier match on Saturday...

EDIT: With that being said, only 6 teams have gotten their cars in Brazil, and no engine has arrived yet. Worst case the F1 Friday is a bust.

Last edited:
SERVER IS UP!

GetMod is available for the track! :)
RealWeather is on as always. Weather forecast in the OP :)

@Ingemar Petersson find a GT3 car. You were the only sign up in GT4, also... they still haven't sent out the fix for the car, and regardless of how Swedish, Norwegian or Danish some of us are, we won't race with a car with a buggy reverse gear...
So GT4 is gone from this event sorry

Hah, looks like someone has forgotten to change the opening post according to daylight savings :laugh:
The local time should be the same as every week, though, so I will head for the server in about 30 minutes myself :)

We crashed, twice :(. The first one we battled hard side by side until we hit that awkward chicane where we touched according to rF2. I looked at the replay and there wasnt really a touch, only according to rF2 netcode. There was some paint swapping, but nothing more. 100% rF2 fault imo.

The 2nd one was a more straight forward divebomb, I know the Ferrari has strong brakes, but not THAT strong ;), no harm done though :)

Shame, was a good battle up until then. Grats again Jonas, 2 in a row right? Great pace, really tried to reel you in, but your pace was right near mine so no chance :)

We crashed, twice :(. The first one we battled hard side by side until we hit that awkward chicane where we touched according to rF2. I looked at the replay and there wasnt really a touch, only according to rF2 netcode. There was some paint swapping, but nothing more. 100% rF2 fault imo.

The 2nd one was a more straight forward divebomb, I know the Ferrari has strong brakes, but not THAT strong ;), no harm done though :)

Shame, was a good battle up until then. Grats again Jonas, 2 in a row right? Great pace, really tried to reel you in, but your pace was right near mine so no chance :)
In my replay there was a clear touch, I'd say your nose was were it shouldn't be ;)
Sorry for second one, you did brake way earlier than I expected, couldn't do much. Pretty sure I would have made the apex though.

In my replay there was a clear touch, I'd say your nose was were it shouldn't be ;)
Sorry for second one, you did brake way earlier than I expected, couldn't do much. Pretty sure I would have made the apex though.
256653233_230853992464885_8387188829255429831_n.jpg

When we entered the corner we were side by side, I braked as late as I dared and committed to my line. You braked later than me, as expected, but what made the situation difficult was the amount of room I was given. When you squeeze someone this much, you run the risk of a touch and where exactly do you want me to put my nose here? I was alongside, entirely legal and I had the right to the inside. There was litterally no room to put it anywhere else, any further to the right and I'd have had a cut warning.

Also, see the video below, its damn near impossible to see where the touch occurred.

Regarding the 2nd incident - the three previous laps before the contact you and I braked the exact same place both of us - me at the line, you 5m later. In the lap of the contact, you applied the brakes 10m after the line, as in 5m later than you'd usually do. You may or may not have made the apex, but I doubt your exit would have been great. The Vette dosent brake well so I was focusing on my exits. You know perfectly well the Vette dosent brake well, so if you decide to brake even later than you usually would, right behind me, at least move to the inside first so I can see you in my mirror.

Last edited:
When we entered the corner we were side by side, I braked as late as I dared and committed to my line. You braked later than me, as expected, but what made the situation difficult was the amount of room I was given. When you squeeze someone this much, you run the risk of a touch and where exactly do you want me to put my nose here? I was alongside, entirely legal and I had the right to the inside. There was litterally no room to put it anywhere else, any further to the right and I'd have had a cut warning.
The contact that spun me was later already going into the left hander, at that point I was as far left as I could be without risking a cut. I did try to leave you space on the inside, in the pic below you can see my line is coming more from the left at this point than I usually would have. But whatever, let's just call it a racing incident, thanks for waiting anyway :thumbsup:
20211113023537_1.jpg

Regarding the 2nd incident - the three previous laps before the contact you and I braked the exact same place both of us - me at the line, you 5m later. In the lap of the contact, you applied the brakes 10m after the line, as in 5m later than you'd usually do. You may or may not have made the apex, but I doubt your exit would have been great. The Vette dosent brake well so I was focusing on my exits. You know perfectly well the Vette dosent brake well, so if you decide to brake even later than you usually would, right behind me, at least move to the inside first so I can see you in my mirror.
As I said, I did not intent to pass you there which is why I did not go for the inside. When I realized it was too late there was nowhere to go for me. I felt like I was braking at the same point as usual but as you have analyzed that so closely it seems I just missed the point by a bit. To be honest I do not know exactly where you're braking point in the Vette is, I never drive it, it probably depends on your setup as well. So I guess I should have braked earlier for a lap until I knew where you would brake. Again, sorry, never claimed that one wasn't on me. :(

No hard feelings man, these things happen, just unfortunate.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back