rF2 S397 Endurance @ Yas Marina (Abu Dhabi) - Fri 26 Feb 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Qual was awesome, I nailed the lap and couldnt go much faster, enough to stick it on pole.

Had some damage from the T1 touch from behind which affected the top speed slightly, but it wasnt the reason Dastan got by, he was simply faster. As he pulled away fast, I briefly thought to myself 'wth, did he sandbag qually?' As the laps wore on, watching his laptimes, I could only come up with one simple reason; different stradegy - low fuel early on, build a gap, pit longer. I thought about doing the same thing, but the risk of getting back out in traffic meant I stuck to the plan. Had a real tankslapper/halfspin into T8 (after the straight) under braking which lost me 4 secs and allowed Daniel to close right up and into my slipstream. He got past, only for me to repass him again. I managed to build a small gap before I pitted. The stop, and the amount of fuel, was almost spot on and meant I gained 8 secs on Dastan through the stradegy, but I also lost 4 to Daniel after he pitted. So for the last few laps us three were only a few seconds apart after 3 widely different stradegies.
On the last lap Daniel made a mistake I think(?) as I inherited 2nd and almost had a go at Dastan who also lost a bit of pace near the end of the last lap, but it wasnt enough. Great win Dastan, you were flying :thumbsup:

Qual was awesome, I nailed the lap and couldnt go much faster, enough to stick it on pole.

Had some damage from the T1 touch from behind which affected the top speed slightly, but it wasnt the reason Dastan got by, he was simply faster. As he pulled away fast, I briefly thought to myself 'wth, did he sandbag qually?' As the laps wore on, watching his laptimes, I could only come up with one simple reason; different stradegy - low fuel early on, build a gap, pit longer. I thought about doing the same thing, but the risk of getting back out in traffic meant I stuck to the plan. Had a real tankslapper/halfspin into T8 (after the straight) under braking which lost me 4 secs and allowed Daniel to close right up and into my slipstream. He got past, only for me to repass him again. I managed to build a small gap before I pitted. The stop, and the amount of fuel, was almost spot on and meant I gained 8 secs on Dastan through the stradegy, but I also lost 4 to Daniel after he pitted. So for the last few laps us three were only a few seconds apart after 3 widely different stradegies.
On the last lap Daniel made a mistake I think(?) as I inherited 2nd and almost had a go at Dastan who also lost a bit of pace near the end of the last lap, but it wasnt enough. Great win Dastan, you were flying :thumbsup:
That's all on me, i braked too late in relation to your braking point, went right on a kerb to avoid collision, which resulted in me having a massive lock-up and running into you.

Race wise I enjoyed it, being at the back of the field after T1, to slowly catching up with @Dean Maković in P4/P5? Then I pulled a Grosjean, by trying to pit and locking up on pit entry, going straight through the barrier and well, race over for me.

Last edited:
That's all on me, i braked too late in relation to your braking point, went right on a kerb to avoid collision, which resulted in me having a massive lock-up and running into you.

Race wise I enjoyed it, being at the back of the field after T1, to slowly catching up with @Dean Maković in P4/P5? Then I pulled a Grosjean, by trying to pit and locking up on pit entry, going straight through the barrier and well, race over for me.
Yea mate sorry for that unlucky. I saw you in the mirrors that you were catching me. I was doing a little bit of lift and coast technic because of lower fuel at the start. My overall pace was better in second stint than in first with some mistakes.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back