rF2 S397 Endurance @ Watkins Glen - Fri 18 Nov 2022

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I will need to test the Acura to see if that is a car to use on friday... Need to test early so I know wheter or not to make a livery for it :p

I, however have to pull out. I've had a mole that randomly and seemingly spontaniously started bleeding a couple of times. So I took a trip to get it checked today, and well. I had a mole there, not anymore. I was told that due to the location on my arm, it would mean that it would hurt when using the arm, so it wouldn't be the most useful arm. Also, I have to be very careful with regards to stitching the first few days (or, well, 14 days, but last week+ is mainly lifting weights).

Long story short. I'm not able to use the wheel tonight.:( It aches a lot more than I thought it would. I guess there's a reason why they do call even such a small thing an operation... heh.

I, however have to pull out. I've had a mole that randomly and seemingly spontaniously started bleeding a couple of times. So I took a trip to get it checked today, and well. I had a mole there, not anymore. I was told that due to the location on my arm, it would mean that it would hurt when using the arm, so it wouldn't be the most useful arm. Also, I have to be very careful with regards to stitching the first few days (or, well, 14 days, but last week+ is mainly lifting weights).

Long story short. I'm not able to use the wheel tonight.:( It aches a lot more than I thought it would. I guess there's a reason why they do call even such a small thing an operation... heh.

I'm also pulling out, I've fallen ill unfortunately :(
Feel better guys! See you on track soon

Thanks to everyone who showed up tonight!
A bit of a frustrating race for me. Figured out in practice that since the GTE update fuel was going to be a bit tight as max level was reduced to 81 liters. Quali went well, managed to get a decent lap in got pole. Decided to use medium tyres as the safe variant and knew I had to use race engine mix at least for a while so I didn't fight Dastan when he passed on the first straight trying to stay close and save fuel. As the race went on it became more and more clear I couldn't do anything to get past. I could see his tyres degraded lap by lap while mine were still fine but I also knew fuel wouldn't be enough to go ahead. Only chance was on the end when the clock was down and Dan came to lap us but was a bit too slow so we had to do another lap. Switched to safte-car mode and let it roll through half the lap and managed to finish second.
Great race Dastan, good pace, sad I couldn't really battle with you :(
Feels like the BOP of these cars has been broken. Buriram was difficult to make already but doable (with a bit lift and coast here and there, but I used Quali mix), on a track like this the Ferrari has no chance, only the chicane layout might have improved that. Sad

It was a lonenly race for me, just trying to finish and gain some experience with the car. Fuel was ok, 7 liters remaining, but did some laps in lean in the beginning to stay safe. Tyrewear was also good, front left had still 60% at the end on medium.
Hopefully next time we will be more on track.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back