rF2 S397 Endurance @ Spa - Fri 07 May 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Cut warnings in this game are absolutely me driving nuts. My only focus today was not getting a damn DT but it seems impossible. I have no idea what I am doing wrong, everyone seems to go just as wide or off track limits just the same. Really getting to the point it's not any fun anymore. :mad:

EDIT: Things like this get me every time...ugh only rF2, gotta love it
View attachment 472727
I see what you mean... You really have to know where you can go over and where not.
I skidded across some kerbs in the chicanes, all 4 tyres off the kerbs and no warning, although I was expecting to get one.
Then I put my tyres one inch out at Pouhon and instantly got a warning, just like in your screenshot.
Basically in rF2 it's: kerbs = barely any limit, no kerbs = keep it within the lines or instant warning...

First I want to apologize to the Ferrari I tried to overtake like a moron twice..... Apologies to Steve also ! That was a bit of a mess with all the GTEs....

I have been dirty :sneaky: but Oh boy I was quick :alien: !!! Feels good to have the pace for once.

You guys are super quick in qualify but not any more during the race I am always surprised by that :p
Hahaha you gave me a good laugh, massive balls man, but I was glad the Ferrari acted like a tank lol

Probably would say it's best to maybe just lift off and wait till after though haha

Well that was a bit of an eye opener. I thought in offline practise I was maybe mid pack fast, then seeing a 2:12 pop up in quali i realised I was going to be at the back.
Also in the settings menu I had ABS on low from when I installed the game a few days ago, and I assumed that it would automatically turn it off as GTEs don't have it. Nope how wrong I was, so first time I came to Les Coombe, full lockup. All my offline practise had been with the ABS engaged. I basically had the warmup to try and get used to the brakes. Lesson learned, in a new game, learn all the settings!!
FYI the ABS and TC in the 'Difficulty' settings are different and separate from the ones in the setup pages. The 'Difficulty' ones are more like fake driving aids and will apply to any car regardless of whether it really has it or not, and then the ones in the setup page are the 'real' aids, if that car has them.

FYI the ABS and TC in the 'Difficulty' settings are different and separate from the ones in the setup pages. The 'Difficulty' ones are more like fake driving aids and will apply to any car regardless of whether it really has it or not, and then the ones in the setup page are the 'real' aids, if that car has them.
yeah a complete oversight by me, i mainly drive the GTEs in iracing so i'm used to no abs so I did think it was weird the brakes weren't locking up in practise but I just thought it might be different game physics. Never mind, i'm still a few seconds off the pace anyway so I was slow regardless!

I see what you mean... You really have to know where you can go over and where not.
I skidded across some kerbs in the chicanes, all 4 tyres off the kerbs and no warning, although I was expecting to get one.
Then I put my tyres one inch out at Pouhon and instantly got a warning, just like in your screenshot.
Basically in rF2 it's: kerbs = barely any limit, no kerbs = keep it within the lines or instant warning...
Yea I actually knew going wide there is a big no no but from my cockpit view it wasn't even visible for me at all, felt like I'm still on track with two wheels. The Porsche saved me in Pouhon, never got rid of the oversteer there so I was overly careful at all times. Got another one through Radiliion when the car decided to have some big understeer for one single lap (not before or after, really weird). Don't even remember where the thired one was, guess my only focus in this game now is learning track limits :rolleyes:

Hahaha you gave me a good laugh, massive balls man, but I was glad the Ferrari acted like a tank lol

Probably would say it's best to maybe just lift off and wait till after though haha
Haha thx man. I am glad I did not crash you at Eau Rouge though. Could have been the perfect overtake, but I miss judged your position by a little. To be honest not a lot of time to think either :ninja: :ninja::ninja:

I agree I was a bit too aggressive there. I could have waited the straight !

Yup, also, the RD servers are using "Factory Defaults" which means, it's only the ABS and TC that can be applied in the car setup that will work :)
Which is another argument for practicing on the server I guess :)

giphy.gif

Portimao came to my mind, but you have been there with the GT3s not too long ago. I might try Trembling Mountain in the coming days, but that might look nice for a short track event as well.

Atlanta Motorsport Park? Interlagos? VIR? Zandvoort?

Portimao came to my mind, but you have been there with the GT3s not too long ago. I might try Trembling Mountain in the coming days, but that might look nice for a short track event as well.

Atlanta Motorsport Park? Interlagos? VIR? Zandvoort?

Short Track Sundays are no more ;) Unless something really bad happens in terms of Covid, I'm going to be 20% back at work from next week, and I work at least every other Sunday, and late :)

Interlagos isn't a bad shout actually, neither are VIR. We'll see after this Short Track Sunday is done :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%