rF2 S397 Endurance @ Spa - Fri 07 May 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
The blindness seems to be strong here. The game somehow can't see the file. No idea why.

In the "Installed" directory, the .mas files RD_Endu_Spa and RD_IMSA_Spa (or somewhat like that) have been there. Deleted them, tried to join the server -> new one is there, but still my old error.

When trying to extract the rfm file from inside the newly created mas file, the mas tool crashes. :(

Screenshot 2021-05-07 181341.jpg

Is this known behaviour? Should I maybe forward that to one of the S397 guys/tag one of them?

Last edited:
The blindness seems to be strong here. The game somehow can't see the file. No idea why.

In the "Installed" directory, the .mas files RD_Endu_Spa and RD_IMSA_Spa (or somewhat like that) have been there. Deleted them, tried to join the server -> new one is there, but still my old error.

When trying to extract the rfm file from inside the newly created mas file, the mas tool crashes. :(

View attachment 472693

Hmmm, try to just sort on type of file, and check if you have any uninstalled mod-files.

You can manually check it by using the "ModMgr" in Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Bin64
When you open the ModManager, down right in that, you have "packages dir", you need to choose "Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Packages" as the directory (it defaults to bin64/packages which doesn't exist!).
There you can see eventual errors.
It's basically the same thing, as whats in the new UI, just more "bare".

Any advice for the lmp2s?
Didn't drive any of them since over a year ago and didn't find time to practice at all. But I know spa and I've driven one lmp2 in a Silverstone multiclass event :p

Any of them being easy and okay on default setup?
And any advice for fuel? :roflmao: :whistling:

Last edited:
Any advice for the lmp2s?
Didn't drive any of them since over a year ago and didn't find time to practice at all. But I know spa and I've driven one lmp2 in a Silverstone multiclass event :p

Any of them being easy and okay on default setup?
And any advice for fuel? :roflmao: :whistling:
Cadillac. Start with full tank, pit when you are almost empty, use brainpower to figure out how much to fill :)

That's how I roll.

Hmmm, try to just sort on type of file, and check if you have any uninstalled mod-files.

You can manually check it by using the "ModMgr" in Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Bin64
When you open the ModManager, down right in that, you have "packages dir", you need to choose "Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Packages" as the directory (it defaults to bin64/packages which doesn't exist!).
There you can see eventual errors.
It's basically the same thing, as whats in the new UI, just more "bare".

First, thank you for your help!

I guess I'll just really skip tonight. :(
Screenshot 2021-05-07 190611.jpg

That is a new one O.o

There are only two possibilites: My PC (especially my Steam SSD) is taking it personal and is pissed because I was thinking of replacing that particular SSD with a bigger one. Or it's just confirmation I really need to swap that SSD. :D

(It's not like there is plenty of storage left, but 12 GB free storage should not be causing any issues I guess.)

Im unsure if i can make it, my ISP decided to **** itself and i have no connection for 3 hours now. Hopefully it comes back before the race

Discard that, im back in 2021 with internet connection

Last edited:
Sorry I couldn't make it today was having trouble with the mod before practice and while trying to fix it the internet went out in my area for an hour so I was unable to join. Hopefully won't have everything against me next race so I can join in

Cut warnings in this game are absolutely me driving nuts. My only focus today was not getting a damn DT but it seems impossible. I have no idea what I am doing wrong, everyone seems to go just as wide or off track limits just the same. Really getting to the point it's not any fun anymore. :mad:

EDIT: Things like this get me every time...ugh only rF2, gotta love it
20210507225201_1.jpg

Last edited:
First I want to apologize to the Ferrari I tried to overtake like a moron twice..... Apologies to Steve also ! That was a bit of a mess with all the GTEs....

I have been dirty :sneaky: but Oh boy I was quick :alien: !!! Feels good to have the pace for once.

You guys are super quick in qualify but not any more during the race I am always surprised by that :p

Last edited:
Well that was a bit of an eye opener. I thought in offline practise I was maybe mid pack fast, then seeing a 2:12 pop up in quali i realised I was going to be at the back.
Also in the settings menu I had ABS on low from when I installed the game a few days ago, and I assumed that it would automatically turn it off as GTEs don't have it. Nope how wrong I was, so first time I came to Les Coombe, full lockup. All my offline practise had been with the ABS engaged. I basically had the warmup to try and get used to the brakes. Lesson learned, in a new game, learn all the settings!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 188 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 188 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 138 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 247 13.6%