rF2 S397 Endurance Series @ Spa-Francorchamps - Fri 04 Dec 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
None of you caused any problems at all! :)

In fact, it didn't seem like anyone caused any problems today. Clean and fun racing!

Holy banana-split the fighting was close and intense though. When I was trailing @rockracer during the first 25 min, having @Herlev not far behind me, @Roy Magnes still lingering behind there again like a creepy stalker and @Colin Peach trying his best to keep the murderous foursome on a safe distance behind him. That was close enough, and then, suddenly we caught some GTE's. Not one, not two, not three but four damn GTE's in an even closer fight than us in P2. It was in-sane!

Also @Magnus Dahlgren loved that last lap pass, felt like a cheap Chinese copy of the Häkkinen, Schumacher 2000 move! I'm just happy that the GTE-dude, whoever that was didn't get scared and just kept his line! :D

Lastly, @Luca Ciarfella - formation finish for two surprised podium-finishers! ;D

Congrats for 3rd place .
BTW ,did you run Le Mans setup , or with less rear wing ?

On the straights you closed up like hell

Congrats for 3rd place .
BTW ,did you run Le Mans setup , or with less rear wing ?

On the straights you closed up like hell

Um, not Le Mans, but I did use 1-2 in wings.
This is the first race in months I've actually done any setup work besides "Add fuel, check gear ratio, check brakes - drive".
I had 1-2 in wings, soft rear suspension, and raised the car 2-2.2cm in the rear.

I ran the Le Mans config which meant I Hakkinen'd it past Colin and Magnus up the Kemmel Straight on lap 1. It was the defining moment really - if they got close they would fall back on the straight rendering their superior corner speed useless. I pulled like half a second on them each lap just by speed alone. I did quite a bit of setup work to get the car to take Eau Rouge flat everytime. It worked, that car wasnt particular fast in qually, but the race setup I knew would be good. I had nothing for Dino other than keeping within reach in case he made a mistake, but that never happened. Lost about 14 secs to him in the pitstop. How I dont know, I put too much fuel in, but that sure as h... was a fast stop @Dino Paolini!
Happy with 2nd for the first race in these. Need to work on the brakes more and pitstopping.

Yep. Hit the entry, hit the limiter, hit the box, filled it with fuel (too much - 28 sec I think), pulled out, went on my merry way. Apart from the fueling bit, I cant see where I could loose that much time.

Yep. Hit the entry, hit the limiter, hit the box, filled it with fuel (too much - 28 sec I think), pulled out, went on my merry way. Apart from the fueling bit, I cant see where I could loose that much time.

Are you sure you requested a pit-stop and had the "crew ready" message before you pitted?
Granted, I pitted after you, and only filled 26l, but I had 12sec fuel-time. If you filled around 60l that would account for the extra time (if you had the crew ready)

Lastly, @Luca Ciarfella - formation finish for two surprised podium-finishers! ;D

GRAB_010.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years