rF2 S397 Endurance Series @ Silverstone - Fri 10 Jul 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I have too a low bandwidth internet, so I don't know if I have time to download the track and join the race ... I checked the server today to be certain to be up to date and now I have to re-donwload all the track (for a feature I would not see) before the event. I am really upset with Rfactor always releasing at the end of the day or end of the week, just before online races take place more often ... :(
Unfortunately I just turned on the PC and Rfactor is updating. I'm 1.6 gigs and I'm not sure I'm going to qualify. Maybe I will participate in the race.
I'm very sorry about that guys. :( Studio 397 have once again decided to release a substantial update (this time for content) at the least opportune time… :cautious: It is understandably frustrating for you, the players, who are prevented from taking part in events because the updates cannot be downloaded and installed in time (the awfully slow loading time of the game doesn't help either), but also a nuisance and inconvenience for me as the server administrator and event host. :mad: I give up!

tcp error at the end of the downloading ... sorry but I think I could not be there
Hmmm… a TCP error? That would suggest some sort of connection issue. Did this occur when trying to download the content from the Workshop, or when trying to join the server?

That is daft regarding updates and obviously very frustrating for those it affected.

Regardless, I Just wanted to say a big thank you to you @Daiman Patel for organising this event - my first at RD. I enjoyed every minute, even if it was a bit tense, just managing to coast over the line at the end after realising with 10mins to go I had to really manage my fuel!

I've only just come back to rF2 after a long hiatus - can't believe how much it has improved in certain areas.

Looking forward to more and hopefully S397 will listen and avoid updates at prime times in future!

Well that was a horrible intro to rfactor. Race starts grand up to 7th but the simhub is lagging horribly. Try to ignore it.. Really distracting particularly the gearing and rpm. Then it comes to passing the gte cars and the radar lag comes into it...

Run wide and pick up a drive through .. I thought it was a stop go... Two pitstops and 4 or 5 penalties later i finish last of the finishers about 4 laps down.

Wouldn't mind i put a load of time into messing with simhub only to find out now its useless. Sorry to anyone i hit, maybe @Henri Sinik a the end. I was a bit lost without the radar working properly. Also why is the rear view mirror looking through a magnifying glass? :(

Apart from all that it was was ok :p Thanks to damien for organising :thumbsup:

Worst race ever in rF2 LOL
2 drive thru and a 10secs stop/go
I just want to forget it!
Other way was a good race I was surprised how tire model been changed since last year. I drove many endurance races a year ago and I remember We easily drove 60 mins on soft. Now medium was difficulty after 50 mins.
Thanks Daiman for hosting!
See You next time guys!

Great race! I enjoyed it very much even though I got disconnected once and ran out of fuel:whistling: Really like the multiclass racing. Hope to get another shot at this at some point.:thumbsup:

This was a very nice event, couldn't load the grid and srver in time for qualy, had to go through the entire gt field in a LMP2, but it was mostly fine, really enjoyed it.

Very soory to Shawn Jacobs, my game lagged a bit, that was why i moved across the track, was gutted for taking you out :(

Well, sry for you guys who had issues :(.....For me it was the first fully packed online Multiclass Race with rF2 and guess my 4th session with RD overall and I loved it. I actually got myself rF2 for exactly this and wasn't disappointed....to maintain 4th position until I ran out of fuel the very last meters is more than I could expect (which was a bit weird cause testing offline it all worked out, don't know if that result counts, but I see it the olympic way anyway). Many thx to you GTE guys as well, was excellent driving not a single issue or misunderstanding , simply great ;)...
Big thanks to Daiman for organizing this event, the server ran absolutely smooth on my side except for those (two) typical hickups rF2 has from time to time.
In the end it was a not easy cause I'm not used to daytime progression and had to rely on my skills and intuiton to find my way through :)...

I#m hooked now and looking forward to the next Multiclass event - have a nice weekend all ;)

Last edited:
This was a very nice event, couldn't load the grid and srver in time for qualy, had to go through the entire gt field in a LMP2, but it was mostly fine, really enjoyed it.

Very soory to Shawn Jacobs, my game lagged a bit, that was why i moved across the track, was gutted for taking you out :(
All good mate, yeah it wasn't anything you did, your car just froze and warped back into me, just one of those things.

Race itself was seriously good fun though! Congrats @Jeremy Talbot on the win.

And as always thanks for organising @Daiman Patel really appreciate the time and effort you put in!

What's up for next friday? :)

Sorry for my previous sarchastic messages but I waited this event since 2 weeks and 3 hours before it, all was still ok, so I was really angry and frustated ... :mad:

Hmmm… a TCP error? That would suggest some sort of connection issue. Did this occur when trying to download the content from the Workshop, or when trying to join the server?

Yes it was a connection issue just before the end of the first download try, don't know why.
Second try finished with succes but now I have this message when trying to rejoin the server (when it was still up) : "Mod could not be installed. Error trying to install MOD. Try manual installation".

But in rfactor launcher, package is marked as "installed" and all button "install" & "uninstall" are grey.
I don't understand what "MOD" refer to? (Question is not necessarily for you Daiman, I know you have not a lot of time for that ;))

When playing Rfactor, I have half the time to go in json settings, or hidden files or need to googling or to download something (very big for more fun) at the last moment.
S397 please, my daily job is already like that and I am paid for that. It's just a game, I want to click "Play" like all other games and just play around car settings, not game settings .....

But still happy if some of you had a good race! :)

Ohh really fun!! Maybe some LMP2 with not many experience and a little dangerous, but anyway I enjoyed a lot. Finally I could finish P3 or P4, but a DT penalty in the last 5 minutes was bad luck. Good fights and very good drivers with GTE. Congratulations to the podium

Did you buy the license so it would run at 60 fps instead of 10?

I did henry yes. This was a delay or lag issue mainly. The fps was bad too. As in i would change gear and a second or two later the HUD gear changes. Not sure what it was. It was working perfect in practice and qualifying. Maybe cpu lag.

Thanks for the race guys! Apart from a couple of interesting moments with some back markers and a few dive bombs it was a fairly uneventful race, which can be a very good thing sometimes :D

I didn't expect the win and when @Shawn Jacobs got past me I thought yep, that's the race. But he was an unfortunate victim of one of those #rf2things when he got lag hit so I was able to get back to P1. I knew I needed to save tyres so I backed off just a bit as I had a little gap back to @RainhamIron in p2. Good thing I did as I only had 17% left on my front left lol. A few more laps and I would have been toast.

Thanks @Daiman Patel for setting this one up :thumbsup:

Thanks for the fun race yesterday guys!

Starting from third place in LMP2 (self-five! ). And ended up 6th overall. Could follow the pace steadily in 4th place in the beginning of the race, but had some trouble with passing the GTEs. Due to my own insecurity to make the overtakes around corner entries stick I must add. Big compliments to the GTE drivers for keeping it clean. And apologies for the Ferrari I took out while passing on the outside at Farm.
Couldn't keep the pace up during the last 15mins. But it was fun nonetheless.

Thanks @Daiman Patel for organizing the event.

Is it possible to share race replay file? Forgot that I had turned off replay recording when trying to get consistent performance in VR and never tried to turn it back on - maybe a good thing!

Have been away from rF2 for a while and can't remember if it is even possible to share is it VCR files???

Is it possible to share race replay file? Forgot that I had turned off replay recording when trying to get consistent performance in VR and never tried to turn it back on - maybe a good thing!

Have been away from rF2 for a while and can't remember if it is even possible to share is it VCR files???
here You go mate.
Your welcome!

Good race, my first in rF2 online, had to put in a lot of work with the 488. Always great fun with the RD crowd though, got a DT on the last lap for track limits, called myself an idiot many times for that one! :roflmao:

Apart from that a good race for me, old chicane took some getting used to but especially with the fast right turn on the new home straight made for an interesting combination and some tight racing, unfortunately I got punted there by a lapping LMP2 in the early stages, some of you guys might want to be a bit more patient when lapping GTE traffic, nowhere to go for me in that corner and rules tell me to stick to the racing line...

Managed one amazing overtake into Abbey, no idea how we both survived that one!

Cheers everyone and thanks, see you on the next one!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 201 14.8%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 520 38.4%