rF2 S397 Endurance Series @ Silverstone - Fri 10 Jul 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Talking of TeamSpeak - I understood it is mandatory? I mean, for voice chat, announcements, or whatnot. Is this the case still? I'm asking as it is interfering with my bluetooth headset :)

Talking of TeamSpeak - I understood it is mandatory? I mean, for voice chat, announcements, or whatnot. Is this the case still? I'm asking as it is interfering with my bluetooth headset :)
We do prefer people to join TeamSpeak (or Discord) to make communication easier during an event, but it is not mandatory. :thumbsup:

Hey Guys, a question to the Corvette drivers.
I really struggle with setup on the Vette.
Normally i like a neutral behaviour, with slight tendency to oversteer on corner exit. In the Vette, different to what i remember, i have severe lift of oversteer. Increasing rear wing helps a bit. but makes the car slower on straights of course.
ARB settings do not let me make it better either.
What (if so) have you done to make it better?
I’m not able to check the Vette’s setup options in rF2 atm and also I don’t know if you loose the rear when braking or just lifting in a straight line, but if possible here are a few different things you could do, and this is just out the top of my head mind you!
  • Try to increase Coast on the differential or decrease the Preload.
  • Soften the slow rebound on the rear shock absorbers, you could soften the fast rebound(rear) as well but do it in less increments than fast rebound.
  • Check the packers front and rear, meaning increase them, if the car bottoms out either at the front or rear under braking the balance is no longer under control.
  • Moving the brake balance towards the front is also something that can help, as you might know you can adjust it whilst driving which makes it easier to find the suited balance for you.
Another point is to really practise your braking with these cars! The first time I tried to be competitive in the Oreca 07 I found it was almost impossible to enter any corner without spinning or applying opposite lock(if I was fast enough to react) until I really focused on getting my braking(line, point, force/application along with my downshifting) in order with these cars. This, to me at least, made the biggest impact on getting a stable car when entering a corner with the GTE’s and LMP2.
I hope some of this is of use/help to you @Daniel R. !

I’m not able to check the Vette’s setup options in rF2 atm and also I don’t know if you loose the rear when braking or just lifting in a straight line, but if possible here are a few different things you could do, and this is just out the top of my head mind you!
  • Try to increase Coast on the differential or decrease the Preload.
  • Soften the slow rebound on the rear shock absorbers, you could soften the fast rebound(rear) as well but do it in less increments than fast rebound.
  • Check the packers front and rear, meaning increase them, if the car bottoms out either at the front or rear under braking the balance is no longer under control.
  • Moving the brake balance towards the front is also something that can help, as you might know you can adjust it whilst driving which makes it easier to find the suited balance for you.
Another point is to really practise your braking with these cars! The first time I tried to be competitive in the Oreca 07 I found it was almost impossible to enter any corner without spinning or applying opposite lock(if I was fast enough to react) until I really focused on getting my braking(line, point, force/application along with my downshifting) in order with these cars. This, to me at least, made the biggest impact on getting a stable car when entering a corner with the GTE’s and LMP2.
I hope some of this is of use/help to you @Daniel R. !

Hey Magnus, thanks a lot for advice.
I trained a bit more in the meantime. What helped a lot is to increase the force needed on my pedals. Now it's much better. It was to soft and I was breaking to hard always.
But anyway, it's still nervous on the brakes in corner entry.
So I will try some of your tips later in practice...

Thanks mate, Cu later!!

Cheers Dan

Can anybody tell me where exactly the pit lane limit begins ? Didn't see the line or lights ???
An easy way to test this in-game is to drive into the pits with no pit stop requested. At some point the pit stop request icon will automatically pop up on your screen - that's where the pit speed limit begins

Can anybody tell me where exactly the pit lane limit begins ? Didn't see the line or lights ???
An easy way to test this in-game is to drive into the pits with no pit stop requested. At some point the pit stop request icon will automatically pop up on your screen - that's where the pit speed limit begins
That's a great idea - didn't even cross my mind! :laugh: Alternatively you can listen for the klaxon sounding as you cross the pit entry line (assuming it has been implemented "correctly", of course... not sure if this is always at the point from which the pit lane speed limit applies though - it might differ between circuits, and is something that I will test later).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.4%