rF2 S397 Endurance Series @ Nürburgring - Fri 06 Nov 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Huge respect to all the GTE-drivers, I was fighting with two guys the whole race and we three managed to do that whilst lapping, so great work all around! Also it looked like a great field of GTE-drivers, I wished I could do both classes at the same time!

Have to give the compliment back, all LMPs were well behaved and patient, no dangerous moves even when they were fighting for positions. :thumbsup:

Had to retire, i had no idea what the car was doing, i basically ruined the whole car in the second lap, which is weird because the same setup I used in qualy was feeling fine and I was happy with the lap time. Will need to look into it, hopefully a better race for me next time.

Phew! What a race! I had @Jasje basically snapping at my heels the whole race with @Steve Le Gallez right behind us ready to pounce, it was an intense and awesome three way battle! Cheers for that you two!

Jasje really pushed me every lap from start to finish, so much especially in the opening laps that I could see his engine smoking, so I knew he meant business as long as the engine could last. I must admit to have been hoping to see a great yellow ball of flames and the sounds of a dying engine after a few laps, however that never came to be, which in the spirit of racing was great! :thumbsup:

I managed to stay composed even though these two guys were in my mirrors constantly, except for one lap where I manage to unsettle the car by braking while turning with my right rear over the curb, this sent me into a violent half spin right before the last left corner of the new ‘pretzel’-section but I was able to correct it rather quick and keep my position.

When it became time to do pit stops Steve pitted first, then Jasje the lap after that and me the lap after that one. And despite spending extra time in the pits, compared to the other two, with me filling my tank with roughly 35L extra unnecessary fuel I managed a better(relative) in-lap to counter that extra time spent stationary. This meant I came out of the pit just ahead of Jasje, followed right behind by Steve.

I had to do some engine management late in the race as I had red-lined it a bit too much in the beginning of the last 20min, however with the speed my two main adversaries were closing in on me I had to scrap that plan and go for broke just to keep that 2-3sec cushion!

Huge respect to all the GTE-drivers, I was fighting with two guys the whole race and we three managed to do that whilst lapping, so great work all around! Also it looked like a great field of GTE-drivers, I wished I could do both classes at the same time!
Also massive respect to @Jasje you were attacking almost every lap yet being very respectful, true sportsmanship! :notworthy:

Thank you RD and @Ole Marius Myrvold ! :D
Nice race review mate! Was great battling with you

I jumped in with almost 0 practice so made a couple of mistakes:
  • took medium tires but ended with >80% thread so I should have taken the softs. Didn't want to take the risk since it was 60 minutes long but apparently they lasted. Were you on the softs? This cost me at least 2s per lap.
  • took default setup which had 50 liter of fuel (I thought it was full) and added 75l at the pit since crew chief said I was at 50%. Of course this meant I ended with 25 l too much :)
  • took default setup which made my engine overheat half of the time. Had to run a lower mixture to get it under control, which cost me a lot of time.
Lessons learned, I should at least drive a full race length on the real server to have an idea of air temps & fuel usage. But overal I was very pleased with my podium.

Thanks for the race all and see you next week!

Nice race review mate! Was great battling with you

I jumped in with almost 0 practice so made a couple of mistakes:
  • took medium tires but ended with >80% thread so I should have taken the softs. Didn't want to take the risk since it was 60 minutes long but apparently they lasted. Were you on the softs? This cost me at least 2s per lap.
  • took default setup which had 50 liter of fuel (I thought it was full) and added 75l at the pit since crew chief said I was at 50%. Of course this meant I ended with 25 l too much :)
  • took default setup which made my engine overheat half of the time. Had to run a lower mixture to get it under control, which cost me a lot of time.
Lessons learned, I should at least drive a full race length on the real server to have an idea of air temps & fuel usage. But overal I was very pleased with my podium.

Thanks for the race all and see you next week!

Default runs with 50% radiator tape - you lunch your engine either following closely or sitting in the pits.+

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back