rF2 S397 Endurance @ Road America - Fri 07 Jan 2022 *January Trophy Rd 1/4*

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Still lacking race-pace and confidence under breaking but it's definitely getting better from race to race. Looking forward to next week already.

I saw that under breaking I gained a lot, so I thought I would just sail past you. But it seemed like you got some confidence when I arrived, because suddenly you were breaking later at the corners I saw as my main overtaking-spots. I couldn't figure out how I would get by you. But it worked out for me after a while :)

I saw that under breaking I gained a lot, so I thought I would just sail past you. But it seemed like you got some confidence when I arrived, because suddenly you were breaking later at the corners I saw as my main overtaking-spots. I couldn't figure out how I would get by you. But it worked out for me after a while :)
That's exactly what I mean. I leave too much safety margin under breaking as I'm too afraid of loosing it. When it comes to fighting I then switch more towards my quali break-reference-points. I actually locked up and almost lost it when you passed me but in the end not much I could do.

That's exactly what I mean. I leave too much safety margin under breaking as I'm too afraid of loosing it. When it comes to fighting I then switch more towards my quali break-reference-points. I actually locked up and almost lost it when you passed me but in the end not much I could do.

Hmm, while you won't be able to push for the absolute times, maybe it would be an idea to do qual with race-fuel for a race or two. That way you can push ultimate laptimes with a heavy car. Will make it easier for the race, as you don't have to transition from a low-fuel to a high-fuel car. It might be easier to trust yourself and the car that way.

David, I always practice with full tanks so I know every inch of the car before the race starts. For qual I just dump the fuel and still use the same braking markers, its the acceleration from the less fuel I gain time, and a little in the fast corners.

Hmm, while you won't be able to push for the absolute times, maybe it would be an idea to do qual with race-fuel for a race or two. That way you can push ultimate laptimes with a heavy car. Will make it easier for the race, as you don't have to transition from a low-fuel to a high-fuel car. It might be easier to trust yourself and the car that way.

David, I always practice with full tanks so I know every inch of the car before the race starts. For qual I just dump the fuel and still use the same braking markers, its the acceleration from the less fuel I gain time, and a little in the fast corners.

Hmm thanks for the input guys. I actually do all my practice with a full tank. Still I'm way to inconsistent in a long run. I think I just need more practice in general in online racing.

I got used to practice and make setups with about half fuel. That way the breaking points and car balance doesn't shift as much between sessions. At least for me it feels like the GT cars become more oversteery with less fuel and that way I get can setup the car to be rather neutral and have not as much change in either direction.
And yes, as always, practice helps, especially with breaking points and finding flow. I find some tracks much harder to find good reference points, I struggled with T1 and T12 a lot and barely got it right once all evening.
I'm also trying to get better in saving tyres which made me slower on a single lap but helped to be more consistent in the long run.
Check out rf2Log Analyzer if you haven't, it's a nice tool to review your races and lap times. It also has a consistency report which shows you on P15 of 30 so not too bad at all :thumbsup:

Check out rf2Log Analyzer if you haven't, it's a nice tool to review your races and lap times. It also has a consistency report which shows you on P15 of 30 so not too bad at all :thumbsup:

Which is what are being used for the championship-stuff, so if you (you as @David Steinacher or anyone else) don't want to be bothered with the log analyzer yourself, all info is on the Trophy-website thingy :)
In fact, it is even more info there as I grab the results from the server, which gives more information than your own result-file does :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 273 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 398 40.0%