rF2 S397 Endurance @ Road America - Fri 07 Jan 2022 *January Trophy Rd 1/4*

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Also, that's 28 cars.

Are we able to convince two more to join within the next two hours to get the field up the 30 drivers? That would be an insanely good start to the rF2 Fridays in 2022 :D

Not that 28 cars isn't great!

The race hasn't started ;) (1hr35m until that happens) So that means you are not too late.

Please enter your name in the "real name" textbox here: https://www.racedepartment.com/account/account-details :)

Also, welcome to the show :)
Thanks all, that was some interesting racing! I just forgot to write my real name in rfactor 2, so that will probably a DQ...
Changed it now, hope I can join the show more often. But the pressure from my VR headset started to hurt the last 15 minutes.

Thanks all, that was some interesting racing! I just forgot to write my real name in rfactor 2, so that will probably a DQ...
Changed it now, hope I can join the show more often. But the pressure from my VR headset started to hurt the last 15 minutes.

I won't bother with dq'ing, though, you will have to use the full name next time (also, rFactor 2 can be a bit fiddly with names :)). I'll see if I'll do something with the points after next race, so you get your points in the proper way :)

Hope to see you again, was fun fighting with you around halfway in the race!

I just got two drive through's at the end of the race, for cutting a little bit more than normal some kerb. Why? The game wasn't telling me that I had any off track... I can't understand it

Hmm. I know you get a drive through on the 3rd cut/extension. However, you shouldn't get a new penalty on the 4th if you have served the first.

Also - for people on Discord. If you get a DT for weird stuff (like the T3 incident, and having to avoid a crash), tell me on Discord, and I can manually remove the DT.
However, if I'm told about things like that, and I see that I was fooled... Well, let's not do that :)

Thanks for racing everyone! Pretty chaotic start caused me two cut warnings avoiding cars spinning and crashing everywhere :rolleyes: Caught a DT due to that not much later and ended up pretty much last. Obviously pretty much everyone else also seemed to have their issues so pretty happy with a P4 behind the aliens :D
Corona booster shot earlier this week didn't help much either, felt like I couldn't turn the wheel anymore half way through, thanks Direct Drive :roflmao:

Can you remove a DT only or a number of cuts? As today one was my fault and two weren't it would still be kinda unfair if all of it was removed

Only penalties. However, I am not sure if I remove a penalty I also remove all "strikes" or if it is that next cut = penalty.
That have never been a thing I've had to think about. I guess we'll find out in the future :)

Only penalties. However, I am not sure if I remove a penalty I also remove all "strikes" or if it is that next cut = penalty.
That have never been a thing I've had to think about. I guess we'll find out in the future :)
That would actually be a good solution. Not sure if I really want to join discord, I'd most likely yell at people constantly .. not good :roflmao:

My race was fairly straight forward. I've never been particularly good at this place and the same was true today. I did manage to make some last minute setup tweaks that made a load of difference in the balance going from medium understeer to fairly balanced, all the way through the race. @Michel vL took the pole but I knew if I could get past fairly quickly my straight line speed would keep him behind. Quickly got a run after the green but slowly got squeezed into the wall and was forced out of that idea. I wasnt best pleased with that move as the time for blocking was over, but I settled down, got a rythm going and tried hard to keep up. Managed to keep the gap steady at around 1,5 secs and just waited for traffic to arrive. It did, but it didnt matter as a spin from Michel ended what could have been a great battle through the traffic.
From there it was just a cruise to the pitstop. unfortunately I bottled it behind a Porsche from simply not being able to see the corner at all before it was too late. Ended up in the gravel, lost 10 secs and came straight to the pits. Stop was good and the rest of the race a cruise to the finish. Ole had me worried for a bit thinking he probably pulled of a miracle stradegy until I saw the gap increase and then he pitted. Phew. Cruised to the win after that.
Great to see so many drivers out there, its a pleasure to do multiclass with so many cars on a track not terribly difficult to pass on :)

That was such a nice and enjoyable race for me :) My first clean race. No spins, no penalties, no crash. Enjoyed the battle with @Ole Marius Myrvold even though after you passed me I couldn't keep up the pace.

Still lacking race-pace and confidence under breaking but it's definitely getting better from race to race. Looking forward to next week already.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 140 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 381 39.7%