rF2 S397 Endurance @ Istanbul Park - Fri 26 Mar 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Nah, experience tells me its spring time weather and quite a lot of people start their easter holidays tomorrow thats the main reasons. I certainly turn my simracing down a bit when the weather is good because tbh, I'd rather be outside then :)

Nah, experience tells me its spring time weather and quite a lot of people start their easter holidays tomorrow thats the main reasons. I certainly turn my simracing down a bit when the weather is good because tbh, I'd rather be outside then :)

Yup, I didn't expect it to happen until late April this year due to this thing that's been messing with us for a year.

maybe we should merge to 1 class if turnout stays so low?

It's likely that it will be a Prototype event once a month, and multiclass once a month (then the 2 other Fridays stay GT3). This is due to me running certain track&car combos as a "warm up" event for another multi class event :) There will be three more races like that, Suzuka in April, Spa in May and Le Mans in June :)

IMPORTANT

Right, guys - I have decided to cancel this evening's event due to a lack of participants. I am terribly sorry if you were looking forward to racing this evening. Unfortunately, due to different reasons causing people to not be able to race this Friday, maybe some restrictions easing up in countries, some sports going on (World Cup Qualifiers in football, F1, Moto GP), or simply disliking the car / track combination, causing low interest in the event.

Apologies for any inconvenience that this has caused. I hope that, by making the call now, you all have enough time to make alternative plans for your Friday evening.

We'll keep on with future Friday events, and next Friday it is GT3's again at Dubai Autodrome (Famous for the Dubai 24hr race that often starts the endurance season), and in two weeks we'll go on with another S397 Endurance, this time at Suzuka.

Have fun this Friday folks, hopefully you'll find some race to participate in, or maybe you'll have to resort to spending time with a wife, girlfriend or boyfriend. I'm sure you'll survive even if it comes to that! :)

@Ole Marius Myrvold Perhaps we could open up a praccy server with the new stock cars instead? Make it a hotlap competition around something stupid like the Nordschleife...I need my friday racing fix :p

You want me to download a whole new mod, filling up our server with even more rF2 content (basically, the RD servers are 75% rF2 content and 25% all the other games we have servers for - that's not counting the non-synced dropbox folders of several hundred GB's :p)...

Sounds like something I'd be up for, though, possibly give me a better option for a track, a bit more... human so to speak? :p

EDIT: I'll put that up as our server 4, and change server 1 (which is the Friday event server) to the GT3's we will do next week. Server 5 is online with Sundays BTCC. Server 2 is the one used for Thursdays, so I have no idea what Denis has on that atm! But you'll have plenty of choices :)

Last edited:
You want me to download a whole new mod, filling up our server with even more rF2 content (basically, the RD servers are 75% rF2 content and 25% all the other games we have servers for - that's not counting the non-synced dropbox folders of several hundred GB's :p)...

Sounds like something I'd be up for, though, possibly give me a better option for a track, a bit more... human so to speak? :p
Short answer: yes :D. Hmm, how about Sebring then? Its familiar for everyone since we drove it not long ago, its all Murica combined with the stock car and you'd be ind for a workout (bumps, heavy car = strong FFB). But I'd happily do Monaco too...

EDIT: I'll put that up as our server 4, and change server 1 (which is the Friday event server) to the GT3's we will do next week. Server 5 is online with Sundays BTCC. Server 2 is the one used for Thursdays, so I have no idea what Denis has on that atm! But you'll have plenty of choices :)
My brain overloaded reading that :O_o:

My wife regularly have to ask if I'm listening. I usually reply with this:

Nothing_Box_T-shirt_Web_1_2000x.jpg

I tried the stock car/Sebring combo and while Sebring is at its usual bumpy self, the car :O_o: me. The handling feels almost touring car like, a TC with too much torque. It handles and brakes excellent, something my memory tells me is far from the real life thing. If Nascars really handle this way today, its certainly come leaps and bounce since the last time I drove one on a road course. It sounds crap though.

I tried the stock car/Sebring combo and while Sebring is at its usual bumpy self, the car :O_o: me. The handling feels almost touring car like, a TC with too much torque. It handles and brakes excellent, something my memory tells me is far from the real life thing. If Nascars really handle this way today, its certainly come leaps and bounce since the last time I drove one on a road course. It sounds crap though.

I mean, there is a reason why road course ringers are less of a thing these days...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 159 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 434 39.6%