rF2 S397 Endurance-IMSA (Endurance Bundle 2) @ Sebring - Fri 08 Jan 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
i have seen a lot alot of jumparound cars toninght.
is it just me or i was only "jumping" car for others? I dint expieriece this for many years and with iR and ACC and GPL almost forgot how it is

I had that as well when I first tried to join. No wonder, I had forgotten to close Photoshop after making my livery for tonight...

The fairly updated tracks from S397 does grab quite a bit of RAM, especially on higher settings, you may have to close down other applications that are known to grab RAM as well. (Like Adobe-stuff, Google Chrome etc.)
yea thats the funny thing, i had everything closed and restarted pc and still crashed, could be a dodgy nvidia driver that sneaked in on its own, i shall once again reinstall and clean my pc but this is a mystery

yea thats the funny thing, i had everything closed and restarted pc and still crashed, could be a dodgy nvidia driver that sneaked in on its own, i shall once again reinstall and clean my pc but this is a mystery

Mystery indeed. As it is the error you get when your PC runs out of RAM. This track isn't that much of a resource-hog, only almost!

Okeeey, so a frustrating, but still good(!), event!
Managed to keep the honors of the Oreca somewhat by qualifying 3rd(1st Ligier, 2nd Cadillac and 3rd Oreca, nice!:cool:) and being able to keep up in the opening laps. Then... problems! My engine started to overheat and I remembered that I had forgotten to change the radiator so I had to down the engine, but still the car was very sensitive following other, overheated very quickly meaning I always had to 'duck' off line when cars where ahead of me.

Anyways, I thought I can just change the rad when I pit so I went for the pit menu, while still racing in p3, to have it done since everything was going fine atm. However nothing happened when I tried to change the cursor! Then I realize that my keybindings never saved because the game crashed on me when I tried to save my controller profile and when I restarted I was too focused on joining the server, doing laps and setup etc. So I could not select anything within the MDF, this got me in a slight frenzy where I tried various buttons and in all the commotion I managed to hit the pit limiter on the back straight! :poop: Something I didn't picked up on first, just that the car was 'dying' this made me even more frantic until I checked my starting sequence, so pit limiter off!

That made me lose 3rd with 5th and 6th closing in on me fast. When I faced the facts that I couldn't do anything, except engine mode, I got so angry I lost concentration, went a bit off track and so I quickly slipped down to 6th. Composing myself after that I contemplated whether I should continue or not, but decided to go on, since at least the car was fun to drive and with a lot of rubber on track Sebring can be great fun just lapping!
So I kept on, eventually pitting, got out in 9th made my way up the field, caught 4th place car(whoever that was, thanks 'new' rF2...) with some 10 mins to go. Managed to pass for position within the last 5 mins and got home in 4th. So all in all I lost one position, not satisfied with my performance but at least the damage was as minimal as possible.

I made slight contact with the 4th place car, I see it as a racing incident since we where along side each other, but I have yet to reviewed the replay so I'm sorry for the contact!

Many thanks and praise to @Ole Marius Myrvold for hosting! Great as ever! :thumbsup:
(I do wonder though why you let me by? Did you have some kind of problem?)

Last edited:
(I do wonder though why you let me by? Did you have some kind of problem?)

Uhm, oh, you weren't on Discord! My pit-crew decided to steal the invincibility-cloak that Harry Potter has... So I didn't even get a red arrow on my pit-box, so I had to do another lap with just 1.8l fuel! Spent a couple of minutes the next try to pit to actually find the red square (still without an arrow) :p Poop. Haha.

Fun race though :)

GG all thanks for the race !
Raf nix sorry for my shitty connection ... good race mate

Thanks Mate. Yes, Your car wharped in and outside the track, 2 times you suddenly appeared right in front of my face (VR), scary. Hope I never touched you.
Overall I enjoyed your company @maxipolo, watching the beautiful C8 the 50mins flew by.

Thanks to you all, every one showed good manners and patience passing

Great race everyone! Had a good time chasing @Daniel Nieto pretty much all race! Great racing mate, had a tiny bit more pace but could never really make a move and messed it up every time I was close enough. That's what you get for cheating on your car, it will finish ahead of you :roflmao:
Sorry for the chaotic formation lap, Chrome decided to show a popup over rF2 that I barely could make disappear again. Always close your browser :mad:
Also sorry to the LMP2 / DPI who tried to pass on the outside and got on the grass, didn't expect you to pass in that corner, was to late when I saw you. No clue who it was, my overlay decided to stop working so I had barely a clue who was around me.

View attachment 434467View attachment 434469
Yess @Michael Rudolf I saw you in the mirrors all the race mate! Really thought you got me once you recovered from a big gap, maybe for a error you have in the first part, but I kinda saw it happening many times along race... you ketp me pushing to go away all the time:roflmao:, sometimes my tires were suffering it a bit so was making it more interesting. Think I got lucky to get that gap enough at the beginning an keeping pace till the end :), however finally couldn't keep mr @xoSx.Racing behind me the last laps:O_o:...:p was trying everything to catch you at the end but nothing was possible :geek:. Very good one guys, I really enjoyed it as always. Congrats to speedy @xoSx.Racing podiums and finishers, and thanks all for that funny racing night. See you soon!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 128 8.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 162 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 225 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 423 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 595 38.7%