rF2 S397 Endurance @ Dijon-Prenois - Fri 03 Dec 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Oh. INFO:
I've changed a setting in the .json file for the server, which hopefully means that we can now overtake before the S/F-line after the green flag, and overtake on both sides as well. I know we've had some drive-throughs, and even a Stop&Go (@rockracer last week) due to this. When I've been told on Discord, I have been able to remove that penalty while driving, but when people aren't on Discord, are muted, or just don't know that I can do it, it ruins a bit of their race.

Anyway, overtaking before the green flag is obviously still not allowed, and if this causes chaos, then I will revert the settings (stay in formation, and fairly close until green flag please).

I think the problem is, at least in my case at istanbul, that we cannot pass during the entire formation lap. I think that my penalty come from the fact that I overtake some guys that hasn't started, at the very start of the formation lap, and even if I let them pass me immediately, I got the stop/go.

I think the problem is, at least in my case at istanbul, that we cannot pass during the entire formation lap. I think that my penalty come from the fact that I overtake some guys that hasn't started, at the very start of the formation lap, and even if I let them pass me immediately, I got the stop/go.

Huh. That's a new one. I'll actually have a look to see if there is a "give place back within X seconds" option for later on as well. As things can happen, and it would be irritating if this happened if someone had to leave but stopped before exiting etc.

maybe we can do a 5 min test race just before practice to double check?Attach files

Sure. No problems with that :)

@Ole Marius Myrvold - you said it was going to be 5 mins test race - and you didn't do it, then you said rolling start - and it wasn't. I appreciate your effort, but making changes in the very last moment and not testing it, is just not the best decision. I was driving a formation lap, as you said, and everybody passed me. Was confused as to what was going on.

Last edited:
Great race @Jasje! No idea how was able to hang on to that, your pace was way better than mine, glad you spun just about when I had settled for P2 thinking I wasn't going to catch you. Some intense last laps that were :D great fun, thanks a lot!
What tyres did you use? I went for mediums hoping to have an advantage towards the end but it did not seem to have worked out well.

Oh. INFO:
I've changed a setting in the .json file for the server, which hopefully means that we can now overtake before the S/F-line after the green flag, and overtake on both sides as well. I know we've had some drive-throughs, and even a Stop&Go (@rockracer last week) due to this. When I've been told on Discord, I have been able to remove that penalty while driving, but when people aren't on Discord, are muted, or just don't know that I can do it, it ruins a bit of their race.

Anyway, overtaking before the green flag is obviously still not allowed, and if this causes chaos, then I will revert the settings (stay in formation, and fairly close until green flag please).
Rules are rules , stop and go, all my fault .

Quite the race I must say - lead battle, hard track, difficult traffic, a high risk/high reward pit entry and a surprise starting procedure :p
After the less than ideal start, I forgot about the cold brakes which I usually warm up before we reach T1, so I sailed wide and lost 4 or 5 positions. Managed to get back to the lead fairly quickly and settled into a rythm as always. Kept an eye on Ole's pace which was similar to mine most of the race and just focused on managing the gap while threading the needle through the GT's. Lost concentration at one point and duelly outbraked myself and then spun trying to correct me error. That meant Ole got past but I soon repassed him after some great side by side racing.
The laps wore on and soon found myself heading rapidly for the pitstop. Aced the entry, stop and exit and came out 12 secs ahead of Ole after he made his stop. Quickly realized he most likely would show himself in the rearview mirror near the end with new tires vs my old, 60% tires and as it turned out, he did, just MUCH faster than I had hoped for. Getting stuck behind GT's for the entire first sector didnt help either as that lost me another 3 secs. The gap ebbed and flowed depending on who hit traffic and where. In the end we were seperated by 0.3. Great race Ole, enjoyed that :thumbsup:

Apoligies to Luca (I think it was you) in the multicolored Ferrari which I grazed in the rear causing you to get out of shape. Misunderstanding; I thought you'd go the other way.
And also for the dodgy passes here and there, this track is extremely difficult to make a clean, quick pass on, especially with someone right on your tail.

@xoSx.Racing yeah I agree with you, but its not all Ole's fault. He asked on the server before you and Jonas joined if anyone wanted to do the test race; noone did and it was thus cancelled with no objections at the time.
About the start; yeah, I dunno what happened there, I'm sure Ole's as annoyed as you are. But for some other time - if the sign saying 'formation lap' dosent show up and lights do instead, its a standing start. I was annoyed aswell as my gearing is hopeless for a standing start (and I've yet to program my clutch) but so was everyone else it appeared.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.3%