rF2 S397 Endurance @ Barcelona - Fri 21 May 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

What A race folks !!!! I'm showing massive improvement it feels great
The Oreca was a blast to drive !! :ninja:

Sorry to the Aston I pushed outside Turn 5 :redface:

What did you guys do in the pits ? Maybe I should have changed tyres I was a bit slow in the end :(

Last edited:
Congrats on your win @Herlev, great pace and stradegy in that dpi! :thumbsup:

I ballsed up my own race. I added a small setup change right before the race, based on qually, but that turned out to be a massive mistake. While great in the beginning, the car became more and more terrible to drive as the race went on. That, together with terrible traffic, meant I moved my stop forward to get new tires and the balance back. It worked, but also compromised my initial stradegy. That + 2 big mistakes (setup related) and getting stuck behind traffic was the main reason for the somewhat poor showing in the race. Setup is back to normal and I'll see ya in the next one! :)

PS: @Ole Marius Myrvold I never want to see this track again :p

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, fantastic racing! Best race in ages, had an absolute blast!
Had a pretty bad start and lost two positions right away. Pretty hard but great fun fighting going on in the first laps (sorry for that little touch going up Renault @xoSx.Racing) and managed to get back into P2 behind @Daniel Nieto. Tried to save some tyres for once and could stay in a reasonable distance for a while always feeling pressure from Dastan behind. I felt half way through my tyres seemed to actually be better and caught up. A bit unfortunate timing as the P2s started to lap which kept putting me back again and again. Didn't loose too much and was able to close the gap again until I was right at his back in the last laps. A bit too late as it turned out, not enough time to make a move, tried to pass in the last lap but collided, luckily no harm done. Great great racing Daniel, well deserved win!

P1 and P2 of both classes in one pic towards the end of the race, awesome!
20210521230820_1.jpg

Thanks Jan. I was sure you had me there at the end :D
Not really I dont think, best guess was T1, but either I got too good an exit out of the last chicane or not good enough. I was trying to set you up for a last lap T1 pass until the dumbass setup change caught me out braking into T10 and then spinning on the paint right after. Such a stupid, unintelligent race from me :mad:

Last edited:
Good race, mates! Thanks @Ole Marius Myrvold! Maybe we can drive on a changing weather (dry/wet) next race?) It will be interesting, I think)

Trust me, I've had that thought. But that needs some proper testing. Need to figure out everything with the driest lane etc. As I remember when me and @Roy Magnes did a random race and it was wet. I had a clear difference for me, where it was most wet and least wet. Roy had it equal all over. There was a difference in grip, it just didn't show graphically for him like it did for me. That will be very unfair if we end up like that.

I have to apologise to pretty much everyone I was sharing corners with yesterday, as I was far more erratic than I usually am in these events. Trying the Ligier for the first time, I just could not find the spot where I was braking hard enough and not locking up, and that also slowed down a few of the GT's I passed on my way into the corners...
I still enjoyed the event, I don't really think the circuit is all that bad to drive - but I think I will be back in the Cadillac for the next event :)

I dont know why, but i really struggle with gte and the lmp2 cars, would anyone like to spin a few laps one evening so i can get my setup going in the right direction?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 379 39.6%